Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

wallace holliman - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: wallace holliman
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 24, 2024
dcketh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: wallace holliman - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got a thermostat from him today, good seller. Thanks!
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: wallace holliman - [email protected] Reply with quote

This seller is trouble.

I purchased two heads from him he indicated had been rebuilt. I offered a price below what he was asking and he agreed to the sale.

What I got was a USPS flat rate box with two heads and one thin piece of brown paper. Needless to say the box was beat up with holes where the exhaust studs had poked through the sides, and had apparently been dropped enough times to break off a chunk of fin and crack the whole edge on one head. The small piece was loose in the box.

The other head was missing four or five layers of fins on both cylinders and also showed cracked areas where it had been dropped. The oxidation and dirt on the edges where the broken off fins were and the lack of all the pieces loose in the box indicated the head was packaged and sent missing all the broken off fins.

I took pictures before I opened the box and after because of the damage to the box. I contacted the seller by email as soon as I opened the box and let him know about the damage due to the poor packaging.

We went back and forth by email as I sent him pictures of what I received and the pictures of the heads in the ad which showed that he did not send me the heads he was advertising. He just used the same picture for everything he was selling. He complained of me "Je***g him down" on the price.

Because the heads were so beat up and unusable I asked to return them for a refund. At this point he would only communicate by phone. He refused to use email saying he was 75 years old and wasn't technology savvy.

After a few phone calls including one message where he accuse me of scamming him by saying the heads were damaged and then a half hour later he leaves another message saying he looked at the pictures and I'm not a scammer but probably did drop the head. He insisted I bring the box to the USPS to get the insurance to cover the damage and get a note from the postmaster saying the damage wasn't covered before I send them back. The whole USPS insurance process is handled online nowadays, but I did bring it to my local office where it was confirmed that I either had to forfeit the heads and maybe get $50 or keep them and get nothing.

I packed up the heads in the same box I received them in and packed that in a larger box that should have been used in the first place and shipped the whole works back to him. He got the box and called saying he couldn't understand why I packed them in such a big box and spent twice what he paid to send them. Further, he said the original box didn't have enough damage to have caused all those fins to be broken off and that I must have dropped the head.

In the end he sent me back my original payment minus his $25 for shipping. I'm out $75 and no heads.

He's an old guy that you don't want to do business with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryanjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: wallace holliman - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just purchased a 65 Baja vert bug from Wally and he was a pleasure from start to finish. Very nice, knowledgeable, and helpful over the phone and in person. Wally knows what he's talking about. The bug was exactly what I expected when I saw it in person. He was straight up about everything. I would definitely take him at his word and do business with him again
Bonkulous
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: wallace holliman - [email protected] Reply with quote

He represented the turn signal switch as NOS and without a doubt it was. He answered any questions I had over the phone and via email. No complaints at all he sounded very trustworthy and proved to be.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: