Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Things to do in Denver....
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
OgCalLook
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

busboyjake wrote:
richparker wrote:
busboyjake wrote:
kasper wrote:
Is anyone planning to stay/camp in the Springs on Saturday?

We're putting something together. A few of us are getting together to figure out details tomorrow.

If I play my cards right....maybe just maybe...I might make it...weekend cannonball style!

Sweeeeet.

We're definitely camping Saturday night after the show and planning on heading back for the big swap meet on Sunday. We're going out tomorrow to scout a few spots out.

Where is the "big swap meet" Sunday?

Barndoor Mafia wrote:

VIVE LE CUÑADO WEAR !!!!!!!!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=306079
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mountain Haus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

Its at Mr GAS' new shop at 3407 No. Prospect C/S 80907
http://www.mrgasrebuilds.com/new-location.html

See Ya There!!

1978 Dakota Beige Westy
1964 Euro "S" Variant
1972 Tin Top 9 Passenger Deluxe
1978 Honda CT90
1978-ish Chrysler Snorunner
and usually a couple of stragglers...?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWBucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Grand Junction, CO! Reply with quote

Join the MSVWRA and the new Grand Junction Volkwagen and celebrate our beloved VW's! Cruise to GJVW and show your VW/Porsche pride and mingle with VW racers and like minded folks! Saturday, Race your VW regardless if it is slow or fast! Come out and test yourself and race it at Western Colorado Dragway! Invite your friends and families and celebrate this awesome ICON. The MSVWRA would love to see VW Fans in the entire Colorado Region travel to beautiful Western Colorado Wine Country and Race or Cruise your VW!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Eric G
MSVWRA
MVF
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

busboyjake wrote:
richparker wrote:

If I play my cards right....maybe just maybe...I might make it...weekend cannonball style!

Sweeeeet.

We're definitely camping Saturday night after the show and planning on heading back for the big swap meet on Sunday. We're going out tomorrow to scout a few spots out.

As of right now I have a sitter for the weekend and I'm gonna make the trip solo. Let's just hope my sitter doesn't fall through. Wink. I'll be leaving Friday after work and I'm hoping to make the 10 am depart time for the cruise to the brewery. I'm planning on tagging along with you guys to the Saturday night campout. Unforcentally I will not be heading back for the swap on Sunday, I'll be heading back to Durango that morning.

Hope you guys found a nice spot to camp.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
kasper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

I'd like to tag along for the camping as well. Any details on that?
Mountain Haus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

We spent the day scouting spots and we found a great place that is within an hour's drive from the Brewery. It is down Hwy 67, North of Woodland Park. The County road is well groomed and the trail road is doable with good tires and a capable driver. Its not too crazy, but lowered Busses cannot make it. More info to come.

1978 Dakota Beige Westy
1964 Euro "S" Variant
1972 Tin Top 9 Passenger Deluxe
1978 Honda CT90
1978-ish Chrysler Snorunner
and usually a couple of stragglers...?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mattatat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Grand Junction, CO! Reply with quote

VWBucket wrote:
Join the MSVWRA and the new Grand Junction Volkwagen and celebrate our beloved VW's! Cruise to GJVW and show your VW/Porsche pride and mingle with VW racers and like minded folks! Saturday, Race your VW regardless if it is slow or fast! Come out and test yourself and race it at Western Colorado Dragway! Invite your friends and families and celebrate this awesome ICON. The MSVWRA would love to see VW Fans in the entire Colorado Region travel to beautiful Western Colorado Wine Country and Race or Cruise your VW!

This was a blast. Friday night at Grand Junction Volkswagen had a good turnout. Some sweet busses. I think 41 cars showed up to Race on Saturday. Sept 17th next Race in Junction. Not to be missed, good times with great people.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jonny1309
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Grand Junction, CO! Reply with quote

Mattatat wrote:
VWBucket wrote:

This was a blast. Friday night at Grand Junction Volkswagen had a good turnout. Some sweet busses. I think 41 cars showed up to Race on Saturday. Sept 17th next Race in Junction. Not to be missed, good times with great people.

Sounds like it was a good time. How'd you and the fellas do?

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
Add a cop mustache, some cholo shades and a Doyers cap to the guy in the suit .......... Tocayo.

scottvw wrote:
kiss my ass Tom....I'm without centercaps right now.

OgCalLook wrote:
nothin' wrong with: Nose down - Ass up!! Twisted Evil

Ragman wrote:
Did you tell her that Al Reed painted them?

lonslo wrote:
My tailbone still hurts like hell. Crying or Very sad
Mattatat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

Hey Johnny, been a little crazy lately.
I went out in the second round. i was having some issues with the car not doing it's job, i think it's fuel related. ran a 13.7 that run should have gone about 12.75, Kieth missed a second gear shift and was still able to chase me down and stabbed me at the stripe. working on fixes right now for the next race.
Eddie went rounds and was killing the tree. He went out in the semi's with a .008 redlight, he was running 12.teens.
Track was good lots of guys pulling the wheels at the launch.
Pics can be viewed on the MSVWRA facebook page

Race recap

Quick VW
Winner .... Eric Madson
Runner up ...Steve Stewart
Semi ....Eddie Radillo
Semi....Kieth Huff

Sport VW
Winner....Jamie Madson
Runner up ...DJ Grubbs
Semi...Blaine Beecher

Consolation
Winner...Dean Russell
Runner up ...Ernie Crowley

Low ET .... 10.91
Eric Madson

Top MPH....127
Eric Madson

Bounty Hunter
Took out the points leader
Kieth Huff
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

Any get togethers tonight (Friday) in Denver area? Got some time to kill today as I'm passing by on my road trip from FL to WA.

Thanks,

Tom
'87 - 16" Syncro High Top (1.9 TD)
'88 - Westy (EJ25)
'14 - Jetta Sportswagen (2.0 TDI)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mattatat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

Not sure tonight. Maybe a local Sonic or something. Tomorrow night is Golden Supercruise though.
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

Thanks. Any brewery recommendations where I can easily park?
'88 - Westy (EJ25)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OgCalLook
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

http://www.coloradocraftbrews.com/colorado-breweries/

Barndoor Mafia wrote:

VIVE LE CUÑADO WEAR !!!!!!!!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=306079
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

Get the app for your phone called UNTAPPD. It has a brewery locator section that you can search wherever you are in the US.
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

Got it. Thanks guys. In Denver now.
'88 - Westy (EJ25)
bin04
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

Desert race this saturday at CORE.

Numbers were pretty thin for 1600s last time, but we have a new 'promoter'- maybe that can change things for us!

Come out and race, or just spectate and drink my beer!

-Rob
car #975
720.290.1317 for more info

www.coloradooffroadextreme.com
FB: colorado offroad extreme

fasteddie63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

Okay VW Friends And Family,Mark Your Calendars For Saturday May 6,We Will Be Having The Spring Dub Roast,Starts At 11am,Hot Dogs,Lemonade,Popcorn And Loud Music,Lots Of Giveaways Throughout The Afternoon,
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

fasteddie63 wrote:
Okay VW Friends And Family,Mark Your Calendars For Saturday May 6,We Will Be Having The Spring Dub Roast,Starts At 11am,Hot Dogs,Lemonade,Popcorn And Loud Music,Lots Of Giveaways Throughout The Afternoon,

Looking forward to it!
1967 Freedom Camper (SOLD)
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

Not in Denver, but still in Colorado.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=670740
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Infamousaircooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do in Denver.... Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next
Jump to:
Page 179 of 183

Jump to: