Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Miami V-Dubs VW Club - Miami, Florida
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 2027, 2028, 2029  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubtype1
Vdubn' Till I Die

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arod wrote:
pblanco10 wrote:
Aside from Mr Fusion is being able to hit that ellicit 85 mph in my SC Shocked

85mph is overrated. 85mph in a SC and i will be like.... Shocked

Im like that Shocked when I hit 85 in the Jetta! Laughing

Caleb
'65 Beetle project
wide5guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand_Pooh-bah wrote:
wide5guy wrote:
Grand_Pooh-bah wrote:
I think you just might make it, not sure yet Pray
Well put in a good word in for me with the head hancho! I've heard he's a good guy! Think

O.K. , I'll have my people talk to your people to see if we can set something up. Maybe we can throw in a cool avatar or somthing meanwhile.

P.S. how are my kid's doing, did you get the milk money i sent you? Wink
I think you have enough kids, but I'll take the money. I did notice a resemblence, but thats another thread! Wink
rudygetz
Guaperia Ful Tine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is everyone? Good Monday Morning Mad
vwcuervo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Sprint Stars for sale in Miami, 5 lug, pics coming soon! Reply with quote

Let me know if you're interested in a set of Original Wide Five Sprint Stars. I will have pics available soon! Wheels are in Miami!

Danny
[email protected]
82-T/A
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Hey guys!!! Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm on Ramsey's e-mail list, but I haven't participated in anything yet. I've been busy with school and work and it's pretty much prevented me from really participating like I want to. I have a 1973 VW Type-2 Bus. I bought it as nothing more than a shell with a motor and transmission in it. I've completely gone thorugh it, replaced all of the factory wiring with NOS stuff from a 72. All new trim, etc etc...

You can see my entire progress here:

http://www.PontiacPerformance.Net

Click on "Current Cars" and go down to my VW Bus (sorted by year).

It runs really nice now, but I'm still having a couple of small problems. When I've been driving it for a bit, the motor seems to get really hot and it tends to diesel when I shut it off. I don't know if that's because it's overheating, or if it's because of the Webber progressive dumping a bit more fuel into the motor?

Also, it's really hard to shift. I've managed to figure it out, more or less... but if I'm in 3rd gear, and I'm slowing down to make a turn, 9 times out of 10, it won't allow me to down shift into 2nd. On a few rare occasions, I can't do anything, so I have to come to a complete stop (wherever that may be, in the middle of the road, wherever) and then put it in first and I can start driving again.

I've replaced most everything in the shift linkage (new spring under the shifter, new shifter plate, new shifter bushing (that square thing). Not sure what else I need to do... but that's really the major thing that's preventing me from taking it around the town so to speak.

I'm still working on the interior, but I hope to be done by winter time.

Here's a more recent picture of my Bus:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when a plan comes together!
rudygetz
Guaperia Ful Tine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one mentioned the gtg on saturday night. no american muscle showed up but 7 of us aircooled did. It was a good time, shooting the shit.

Anyone down to gtg this weekend?
Old Skool Dubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSD's just checkin in..Good to see you guys are back.!! Cool

...Now THAT'S O.S.D Approved!! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheKid1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: longhorne Reply with quote

showed up at longhorne at 945 and there was only 2 vw's there could have been cause of the rain or that we showed to late atleast I got to cruise with the legend (jerry) in his 55 oval so whens the next meet???
RAMZROD
Hammered™ Apparel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudygetz wrote:
gtg on saturday night. 7 of us aircooled did. It was a good time, shooting the shit.

Who showed up? I had just come in from out of town and the weather didn't help either...

Todd, welcome to the thread! Sweet looking bay.

Ramsey

looking for vintage plate frame from Ramsey, NJ
Bus Build Page
http://www.hammeredapparel.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
synthetik77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode in with rudy in my 62 ...but man the weather was @#$% all day ..nontheless it was cool to hang out...count me in for the next one
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went but the weather sucked.

www.volksblast.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thingamabob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I showed up late with the wife in the Jetta..... Embarassed I saw a few peeps.....Jerry, Gus,Frank Orange 181 ,JC? with Green bug......

Last edited by Thingamabob on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spanish Flea
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather is just part of the scene. And it was the reason i didn't go. Sorry Gus, but your 15% didn't really help.

Spanish Flea
"Mr. Ford, i don't think what we are being offered here is worth a damn!" - Ernest Breech (On buying VW, March 1948)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheKid1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I showed up with jerry and zoly I was the one with the 1966 beetle primer and green zolys the one with the white 74 beetle with the bra in the front. The weather held up for the rest of the night so we just cruised over to the Kendall ale house...
rudygetz
Guaperia Ful Tine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
i went but the weather sucked.

I got your message about the 62...Thanks for the heads up. So the guy just cut the roof? Sucks
RAMZROD
Hammered™ Apparel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudy, post your before and after pics of your bus...

looking for vintage plate frame from Ramsey, NJ
Bus Build Page
http://www.hammeredapparel.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugginmiami
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see some new blood down here into vw's! I tell you I do see them driving around more now than I have for a long time, which is cool. There are even 2 people at my school (employees, not rich kdis of course) that drive air cooled, every day. Maybe something to do with gas, but still, they are on the road. I found some old pics from back in the day btu dont ha ve a scanner, Ill take them to school one day and scan some. They are mostly rides that hav e been posted already, some of Ceasars, Petes, Jerrys vert, Pats bay, my 69, etc. Ill get to it!

jasonw
Miami V-dubs/wide5/etc!

johnnypan wrote:
Never mess with a cat who smiles for his mug shot..he gives way less of a fuck than you do..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
arod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugginmiami wrote:
Good to see some new blood down here into vw's! I tell you I do see them driving around more now than I have for a long time, which is cool. There are even 2 people at my school (employees, not rich kdis of course) that drive air cooled, every day. Maybe something to do with gas, but still, they are on the road. I found some old pics from back in the day btu dont ha ve a scanner, Ill take them to school one day and scan some. They are mostly rides that hav e been posted already, some of Ceasars, Petes, Jerrys vert, Pats bay, my 69, etc. Ill get to it!

jasonw
Miami V-dubs/wide5/etc!

funny you should say that. i have been driving my bug to work over the last year on fridays, no big deal right. since it is summer time and i don't have to take the kids to school in the morning. so i have been driving it more and more. all of a sudden i am getting all this attention and getting asked questions like , 'where can i get a cheap bug?' , 'those thing are real good on gas.' 'i don't see many around'. i give them all the same look Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
trylordurben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanish Flea wrote:
The weather is just part of the scene. And it was the reason i didn't go. Sorry Gus, but your 15% didn't really help.

Spanish Flea

hey jeff that was my 15% i was giving you. heck you could have taken all 100 cause i never made it out there either.

i think the welder turning off while i was welding due to near by lightning had something to do with it.

took the girl out to dinner, cant remember the last time we did that. Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 2027, 2028, 2029  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 2029

Jump to: