Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

somebody please save these busses in TX
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crowlejo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: somebody please save these busses in TX Reply with quote

This is sorta wierd to give up bus stash locations. I am in the Air Force and stationed in Del Rio TX--and I am getting stationed back in FL. I will probably never come back here again and I dont have room for them because I already have enough projects. I found some decent busses located in Del Rio, TX and in Quemado TX. I already saw two 56-57 panels get crushed here and I dont want these others to go to waste. There is a 13 window missing glass and seat portions but has jailbars and some panels and a panel with a camper conversion in Del Rio. There are 4 late model bugs here too. In Quemado there is a bullet kombi with remains of camper panels on roof, an SO42, and a 15 window (unknown years). They are loaded up with crap so I didnt notice if they have seats or not. None of these have transmissions and have some kind of trailer axle bolted to the spring plates that has vw wheels bolted to that. The bodies on the 15 window and kombi look decent, but the SO42 has a hit in the driver side. A lot of the SO42 interior is gone or spread across this guys yard. I dont really have anymore info. I already picked up a 56 panel, a single cab, and a standard since I got here so there is no room. These people are crazy down here and they just hack stuff up and crush it or let it rot as a shed. If you want directions PM me or I can post them later. I am not sure how much they would go for, but they sure as hell are in need of being saved. There are bugs and bays around too but I didnt really pay any attention to them. I dont have pics, but maybe I can try to get some in the next week or two.
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly close to Del Rio, and have to do some work at the hospital down there in the very near future. If you would PM me some specifics on where to find this stuff, I'd like to go have a look.

Thanks.
purplepeopleeater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hearing about buses being crushed makes me ill...too bad I weren't closer. Shocked
bugboy63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

purplepeopleeater wrote:
hearing about buses being crushed makes me ill ...too bad I weren't closer. Shocked

... story of my life Confused
TeamSpatula
Samba In The Rain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zozo wrote:
I'm fairly close to Del Rio, and have to do some work at the hospital down there in the very near future. If you would PM me some specifics on where to find this stuff, I'd like to go have a look.

Share the pics if you go!!!
Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeamSpatula wrote:
zozo wrote:

Share the pics if you go!!!
Smile

WHEN I go. Think positive. Laughing

I'm going down next week if the guy will send directions. Laughing
crowlejo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have time now, but I will try to post mapquest pics tomorrow or maybe later tonight. I have to drive into Del Rio around noon tomorrow and will take pics of the 13 window and panel. I dont know the years, but they are later splits. The only bullet one is the kombi. I will keep you posted.
crowlejo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: maps Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I hope these Google pics work. I circled the locations in paint 3rd grade style. The first is in Quemado, TX and the second is in Del Rio, TX. I really hope this helps. I tried to post a pic of the panel I pulled out of here but it says it is too big. I think I found another bus, but I have to double check. A while back I pulled a 55? 56? panel out of here too. It fell apart and the body pretty much collapsed, so I ended up chopping it up for another project and selling some of the parts Sad . It was rolled anyways and somebody hacked the torsion tube and frame in the back and welded in a dana 44??? The seat partition section is still there if anyone wants it for free. I wont be here on Sat though and if you go out in the ladies land to get it without me then she may start shooting or something. Like I said, there are a lot of wierdos around here...The other busses are across the highway on some other land (not hers).
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the PM. I'll schedule a day maybe next week or the week after.
crowlejo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have pics, but it says they are too big. PM me if you seriously want to try getting these busses and I will send pics.
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics! It looks like I'm goin' on safari next week. Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: