Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Flipped R&P 68 bug axles lowered
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mactraveler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Flipped R&P 68 bug axles lowered Reply with quote

Ok this is what I have
1. Nates offset sprinplates
2. Bus tranny with flipped R&P
3. Tubes, axles, backing plates, shoes, bearing caps from 68 beetle
4. Pair of thing drums
5. Pair of early type 3 drums
My question is can i put all the 68 beetle stuff on and then either choose the thing or type 3 drums? I keep reading that you cannot use the bearing caps with the letter A at the end but thats what the 68 beetle comes with. I should just be able to bolt all this stuff on including the bearing caps and just decide on which drums to use right?
Thanks
purplepeopleeater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked everytime I see someone lowering there bus in the rear I see a different set of parts used...im so confused.
mactraveler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think you are confused! It is like putting a jigsaw puzzle together. I hear people cutting short tubes and then welding them back together. I have people telling me to use certain bearing caps and different brakes. It is a real pain in the but. I am sure I will figure it out eventually. Just want to drive this thing as soon as possible. There is not too many slammed buses over here on the east coast, so getting help is pretty hard.
IN2RUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use type 3 rear brake setup, with the short bearing caps. wide five of course. I have type 3 on my bus with type 3 drums and it stops well loaded down with 5 people in the bus.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: