Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

sgbumperscar.com - PTT Bumpers - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: helen_nguyen
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
JSB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: sgbumperscar.com - PTT Bumpers - [email protected] Reply with quote

Has anyone purchased their VW stainless steel bumpers? No feedback from their ad page and I can not find anything searching on Google. Their Samba ad name is sgbumperscar. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Moderator notes:
Emails used by this company:
anhduy - [email protected]
ely_nguyen - [email protected]
helen_nguyen - [email protected]
Jenny Nguyen - [email protected]
Phuong - [email protected]
ptt-honey - [email protected]
ssbumper - [email protected]
[email protected]

Note that some accounts/emails have been blocked from posting ads on the site as they were posting duplicate ads under multiple accounts.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some information in this thread
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=168618
but I don't remember anyone indicating a purchase from them, only some feedback on their business practices.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
floridaguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody purchased bumpers from sgbumperscar (PTT bumpers) http://www.sgbumperscar.com/ Looking for some feedback

Thanks
left_coast*9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw some additional posts in the thread Everett posted above, but has anyone else purchased beetle 46-67 bumpers from them, or have any other feedback of value or interest? thanks!
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=472827&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
vochus56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: stainless steel bumpers Reply with quote

Not me, im looking the same, some feedback from the enterprise???
thx.
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: sgbumperscar - PTT Stainless Steel Bumpers Reply with quote

This is some feedback from customer who bought bumper from PTT company

He bought from Ms Helen via email [email protected]
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
but I don't remember anyone indicating a purchase from them, only some feedback on their business practices.

That is feedback of Harrington, a competition company of PTT company. Not is PTT bumper company, Everret
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

helen_nguyen wrote:
EverettB wrote:

That is feedback of Harrington, a competition company of PTT company. Not is PTT bumper company, Everret

There is feedback on both companies in that thread.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
glass guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: sgbumperscar.com - PTT Bumpers - [email protected] Reply with quote

I know this has been talked about before but lately I've been seeing a bunch of ads so I finally bit and here's my story. I purchased stainless bumpers for my beetle they came from Vietnam . Ive seen 2 or three ads here on the Samba and to be honest I think coming from the same manufacture . ive got everything documented I think its a scam of there part ,any how I will follow up on this later . the bumpers fit horrible one is a 1/2" thicker and the other is a 1/4" thicker , the ends are kinda squared off and the euro guards that they sent don't fit at all unless I take a carbide grinder to them and open em up . "Ali even asked if I could have someone fix them " unbelievable . real quick the bumpers and guards were $507 to my door they said they would refund my money but they will not pay for shipping back to a different address a Mr Tuong VI. company name- Logasiascm Co. City- Tan Binh District, Vietnam Cost to ship the same box back is $500 WHOA !!!Ive talked to three diff people from the place I bought them from something fishey going on here . I will list later the companies I believe to be all in the same there all to similar. No I don't have time for this but I cant let this pass I don't want to see another vw enthusiast get burned unless ya wanna buy my brand new custom stainless bumpers at a fraction of the cost, but no guarantee there gunna fit or look like ur old bumper . last but not least there ad says they are like the original and fit perfect what a crock of SHIII.
I HAVE PICS I WILL POST IF NESS .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: sgbumperscar.com - PTT Bumpers - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered a set for my 1965 Ghia. Arrived very quickly about 3 days after the order was placed.

The bumpers are a very close reproduction and the stainless is bright like chrome. The problems experienced with the fit that others have reported in the Stainless Steel Bumpers thread in the Ghia forum have not been resolved.

The front uprights are not cut correctly and therefore fit on the bumper blade in such a manner that they are splayed outward rather than straight ahead. You will find my experience in the above mentioned thread. I brought this to PTT's attention, explained how they could resolve the issue, and in the end they insulted me by telling me I should take the car to a garage to have it done correctly. They then went silent. I was able to file a claim with my credit card company and received satisfaction through that route.

I really would have liked PTT to fix their product issues and made their product that much better than those offered by other vendors. They simply are closed minded and yet a small correction in their design would reap them rewards.

I like the bumpers for the most part but the position of the uprights takes away from the beauty of these bumpers.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
nreslifer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: sgbumperscar.com - PTT Bumpers - [email protected] Reply with quote

I seen a thread on one of the facebook vw sites concerning these bumpers from this Helen N.Told them to be wary and check the feed back on here before purchasing first. This Helen got on and tried to defend them so I gave those people a place to check.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j-sou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: sgbumperscar.com - PTT Bumpers - [email protected] Reply with quote

nreslifer wrote:
I seen a thread on one of the facebook vw sites concerning these bumpers from this Helen N.Told them to be wary and check the feed back on here before purchasing first. This Helen got on and tried to defend them so I gave those people a place to check.

Be sure to show them this- https://youtu.be/1EUdhkoJeO0
55rover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: sgbumperscar.com - PTT Bumpers - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered a full set of Type 1 USA spec bumpers. I was fully prepared to loose it all but I wanted SS instead of chrome. Package arrived in 5 days. Amazing.

Working theory: re-chroming originals will be more expensive than replacement.

I will post photos a little later. ptt-helen was my contact.

Last edited by 55rover on Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
55rover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: sgbumperscar.com - PTT Bumpers - [email protected] Reply with quote

As promised, here are the full front and rear photos
- Fit and finish - excellent
- Shipping condition - excellent (bubble wrap was really tedious to get off)
- Assembly - No assembly issues. Had to tap on one of the welded bolt plates to clean up some weld slag. The hardware kit was a mess of various lengths and bolt heads (hex for bumper and caps for mounting on brackets. Found enough in the mess of bolts for assembly and had to cut three long hex bolts to length. All were nice stainless steel with plenty of washers. Cap bolts were included for the bracket connection, but only six. You need eight. I have a pile of 8 X 1.25 nuts (not used for anything) for another project.

I just don't have any real significant complaints. $500 for front and rear stainless steel bumpers delivered to my doorstep. Comparative chrome plated bumpers priced at about $1,000 (for both).

55rover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: sgbumperscar.com - PTT Bumpers - [email protected] Reply with quote

Comparison of USA spec original rear bumper with stainless steel reproduction (Vietnam).

There are some differences. Specifically, the "bull noses" are smaller and slightly different shape. Bumper dimensions are identical though.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: