Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

That's a great find! It looks pretty solid and now you can guiltlessly reinvent the interior to your liking. Smile
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
A very, very understanding wife
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Angus II
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Hello, Cvannoy
Should be no problems with cold feet, camping this coming winter in that bus...
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Ya good find! I'm kind of curious about that heater situation there.... can you post some more pics of that?
Cvannoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

DougB wrote:
That's a great find! It looks pretty solid and now you can guiltlessly reinvent the interior to your liking. Smile

I completely agree. I'm all about keeping originality if I get a vehicle with original parts. But because it was already a "custom" job with mismatched components I feel perfectly fine letting my wife turn it into a pinterest bus.

cmonSTART wrote:
Ya good find! I'm kind of curious about that heater situation there.... can you post some more pics of that?

Here's some pictures of how the heater was set up. You may or may not be able to tell but the first picture shows a propane tank located underneath the bus with valves to control it. This I believe is the original tank when this bus was run as the Safare Custom Camper but has probably not been checked since then. The previous owner didn't use this propane tank but instead placed a small tank under the heater to run it off of. I plan on replacing the tank that's under the bus because its a very convenient location so I do not have to store one in the bus and I will replace the heater with a gas grill and fridge (like the original Safare design).

Which brings up the point that if anyone wants this cool looking heater it is for sale.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The image below makes me sad because the previous owner cut a hole in the roof Sad but I'll patch it up. This was to make sure the heater exhausted outside rather than in the Bus. So safety was a consideration but still sad. And I think water is leaking through this hole...

Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

I think this a good deal but I thought I’d ask. There is a junkyard near me that has a 78 camper with a great condition Westfalia interior with sink, stove, fridge, etc. It’s complete, even has a bug net still, not sure if it has the buddy seat but is $600 a good deal for a complete later interior?
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Seems decent to me if it's all there and the laminate is intact. Even if the fridge doesn't work it seems like a lot for the price. If the laminate is damaged, though, try to hassle the guy down a bit.
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
A very, very understanding wife
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mattink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject: Good deal for restore or too rusty? Reply with quote

https://www.vemucars.com/car/volkswagen-t2-pick-up-1979-very-original-condition-great-driver/

I saw this single cab show up on Samba Classifieds and checked out the dealers site. What do you think, too rusty, or candidate for restoration? It’s rare to see these in any state in the US due to the chicken tax.

I can see some big bondo patches. The bed looks rusty and patched at some point, probably needs to be replaced. Some rot underneath on the cross beam. I’m sure there are other problems to be discovered.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal for restore or too rusty? Reply with quote

Mattink wrote:
https://www.vemucars.com/car/volkswagen-t2-pick-up-1979-very-original-condition-great-driver/

I saw this single cab show up on Samba Classifieds and checked out the dealers site. What do you think, too rusty, or candidate for restoration? It’s rare to see these in any state in the US due to the chicken tax.

I can see some big bondo patches. The bed looks rusty and patched at some point, probably needs to be replaced. Some rot underneath on the cross beam. I’m sure there are other problems to be discovered.

Are you in the US or Europe? IF you need to ship it over here, I can't see it being a good deal overall.
Mattink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

US, and even worse, California so it would need to be smogged.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Mattink wrote:
US, and even worse, California so it would need to be smogged.

Don't bother. A path of least resistance will come your way with patience.
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

DougB wrote:
Seems decent to me if it's all there and the laminate is intact. Even if the fridge doesn't work it seems like a lot for the price. If the laminate is damaged, though, try to hassle the guy down a bit.
Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pts/d/south-weymouth-vw-bus-front-beam-never/7149238953.html

Nice front beam in MA if anyone needs it.
c69tad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any good deals to convert to discs and lower at the same time on my 69/70 LHD bus?

Found this one on machine 7 but unsure as to if it will fit my bus.. thanks..

https://www.machine7.com/product.php?xProd=14634
c69tad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any good deals to convert to discs and lower at the same time on my 69/70 LHD bus?

BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

c69tad wrote:

That package will change your front wheel hole pattern to the 71-on narrow 5.
Do some more hunting, and I'm sure you can find a wide-5 kit, or the individual parts to convert to wide-5 front discs.
Ziggy Dogdust
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Hell, I'm a newbie here. I have a 1975 VW type 2 camper - had her for a while and off the road. Swapping out the engine (pancake type) and looking for some new tin - specifically an engine cover plate for the right-hand side. Seems no one makes them anymore. Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one?
Hope someone out there can help.....
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Ziggy Dogdust wrote:
Hell, I'm a newbie here. I have a 1975 VW type 2 camper - had her for a while and off the road. Swapping out the engine (pancake type) and looking for some new tin - specifically an engine cover plate for the right-hand side. Seems no one makes them anymore. Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one?
Hope someone out there can help.....

Have you searched the classified section on here yet?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php...ton=Search
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

$132 from the junkyard Very Happy

T2b Camper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

A Never used WESTFALIA add-a-room

Price 5.000 US$

alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

^ you put the decimal in the wrong place Wink
good score!!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Jump to:
Page 63 of 68

Jump to: