Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Looks like it's recovered stuff from a 73 westy. Good score!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Highroof ONLY for a bay bus in KY, $400. Seems like a good deal.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/532244367810568
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

here comes The Judge.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

just picked this ‘77 westy up in Killington Vt from my new friends Jane and Jack. I consider it a good deal. $1700

130k original miles, obviosly needs alot of tin work, which I will do myself. i terioris all og and in great shape. OG 2000GD FI and 6 rib installed. didnt even try to start it. it will get a psuedo-CS build eventually.

just adding more to the collection.

2 more just went upon CL down in Bennington VT if anyone is looking. both ‘77 westies too. might go after one or both if they sit for a bit

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Is there enough room in the basement for another??

Interesting you mention Bennington, we are looking at houses there. Hmmm.
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
here comes The Judge.

just picked this ‘77 westy up in Killington Vt f... it will get a psuedo-CS build eventually.

What are the specs of such a "pseudo CS"?
Is this covered somewhere?
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Alan Brase wrote:
Jetfxr69 wrote:
here comes The Judge.

just picked this ‘77 westy up in Killington Vt f... it will get a psuedo-CS build eventually.

What are the specs of such a "pseudo CS"?
Is this covered somewhere?

I was thinking of doing stock crank, rods, jugs, and pistons (94 mm), with a Raby 9590 cam and have the heads done to put the bigger intake valves in. From what I’ve read in here, that will get me just a wee bit of HP, without messing up the factory L-jet.

Forget who gets credit for what I think I will build.

Clatter perhaps? Don’t recall.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

ImAddicted wrote:

There actually IS room in the basement. Today we will unload from trailer, pull all the interior out and store inside basement. It will eventually get the camper top removed in order to fit through the basement doors.

Don’t have a plan for this one just yet, so it will sit for a bit, inside and dry. Gotta get Crusher done and sent out west by next summer. Still a shitload of work to do on it.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
Cam.goslin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
ImAddicted wrote:

There actually IS room in the basement. Today we will unload from trailer, pull all the interior out and store inside basement. It will eventually get the camper top removed in order to fit through the basement doors.

Don’t have a plan for this one just yet, so it will sit for a bit, inside and dry. Gotta get Crusher done and sent out west by next summer. Still a shitload of work to do on it.

Jay you're killing me with these finds. I need to start looking better again. Killer deals on both of the sage greens you've got. You ever want to get rid of one, I'm in the market for another sage. I miss my sage bays.
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Cam.goslin wrote:
Jetfxr69 wrote:
ImAddicted wrote:

Jay you're killing me with these finds. I need to start looking better again. Killer deals on both of the sage greens you've got. You ever want to get rid of one, I'm in the market for another sage. I miss my sage bays.

Go see about the two in VT. Asking is high at $4500 but you know how that goes. It’s asking price. I’d like to have one or both, but tripping over stuff currently.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
Type2_Personality
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

I'm curious if anyone checked out this bus in person. It looks good to me.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2490717
400,000+ West Coast USA Miles
Too Many Dead Shows To Remember
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Wow. It's a sunroof.VERY nice car. Looks to be near original. A slight damage at right rear corner.
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Type2_Personality wrote:
I'm curious if anyone checked out this bus in person. It looks good to me.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2490717

$15K-$30K is a pretty WIDE range, just saying. Nice looking '71 sunroof.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Alan Brase wrote:
Wow. It's a sunroof.VERY nice car. Looks to be near original. A slight damage at right rear corner.

It is a very nice example from what I can see. Pretty rare to see a 71 bus engine in its original, complete state.
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

I went to a VW show yesterday and scored this early bay steering wheel for only $40!
I've never seen one with all the plastic on it for so cheap. It's got some cracks but it's definitely restorable. The one on my bus is missing all the plastic around the hub.

wihr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

How do you you fix the cracks?

1970 Campmobile "Van Ordinaire"
2009 Lincoln Town Car "Behemoth"
1969 Lambretta 150 DL "Nina"
1962 Matchless G 12 CS 650cc
colofish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Scored this westy in a storage unit in Nebraska. Decided I don't have time to fix her up. How do I decide how much to sell her for? And where is the best place? I'm thinking Ebay 'cause I can use the auction feature to set the price. Body and interior are in pretty good shape. Engine is in it, but no carb or battery. Transmission shifts, tires still had air after 11 years in storage, rolled fine onto trailer, brakes even work. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

wihr wrote:
How do you you fix the cracks?

Route them out a little bit, fill with JB Weld or similar then sand it all down smooth. Then repaint.
There's some threads here somewhere about restoring steering wheels.
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Isn’t there a thread on this bus in this forum. I recall us debating on weather it was a westy or not .

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/albuquerque-1971-vw-bus-westfalia-camper/7440213070.html
’65 Deluxe Build
Lionhart94010
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

It has the hallmarks of a Westy but the nose is of a 72? rear vents of a 71 hard to tell as it seems to have rear end damage and they seem to be hiding it, no rear end pictures...
thesamba - www.ratwell.com - www.shoptalkforums.com/ - www.vw-resource.com - http://www.type2.com/
http://bobhooversblog.blogspot.com/ - www.aircooled.net/gnrlsite/resource/articles.htm
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Lionhart94010 wrote:
It has the hallmarks of a Westy but the nose is of a 72? rear vents of a 71 hard to tell as it seems to have rear end damage and they seem to be hiding it, no rear end pictures...

You’re right, I posted it for another member who thought it was a good deal.

But, now that you Mention the oddities of this bus. I remember seeing it at Buses and Balloons in Albuquerque. I did think it was expensive then.

My bad for posting this here, it should be in the whine thread.
’65 Deluxe Build
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
Jump to:
Page 66 of 68

Jump to: