Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

30pic carb main jet
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hsosa1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: 30pic carb main jet Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the largest main jet i can get on a 30pict carb?
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big do you need? I think the largest I've ever had to run on a 30-series was 125 and that's on a 1600DP!

Anyway, you can go pretty darn big if you buy this kit, which has 127.5, 130, 132.5, 135, 137.5 and 140 mains in it:

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ACC%2DC10%2D6257

And if you get this kit, it's HUGE, and I cannot imagine ever needing such jets. This has 145 150 155 160 165 and 170 mains.

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ACC%2DC10%2D6258
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glutamodo wrote:
How big do you need? I think the largest I've ever had to run on a 30-series was 125 and that's on a 1600DP!

Anyway, you can go pretty darn big if you buy this kit, which has 127.5, 130, 132.5, 135, 137.5 and 140 mains in it:

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ACC%2DC10%2D6257

And if you get this kit, it's HUGE, and I cannot imagine ever needing such jets. This has 145 150 155 160 165 and 170 mains.
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ACC%2DC10%2D6258

The only times I saw jets like that being used ( in 28 or 30 pict carbs) was Forumla Vee or some off road set ups years ago...
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ck9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1600 with a 30pict1 carb. If you run over a 127.5 main you will need to adjust the air jet too (good luck finding them). If you run any higher with the stock air jet, it will run too rich at high RPMs and foul the plugs. I use an a/f meter to map the engine performance over the power range. That is the only way to properly jet the carb. If you want to try a bigger main, look at the one that is in there and go up by 2.5, I would not go up more the 5 without changing the air jet or mapping with an a/f meter. After you increase the main jet, be sure you install new (or clean) the spark plugs. Then check the spark plugs after 500 miles. If they are sooted up, you are running too rich and need to reduce the size of the main jet. Hope this helps.
hsosa1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info . Im thinking of going with a 30pic on a 1914 engine. I have duall44 webers but was thinking of gas consumption. engine is going in a DC bus. with rgbs. Plus i think I need to tune up the carbs and its like $300min for someone to hook up the webers or i can do it myself but im no expert on these carbs.
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean a manual choke 30PCI type carb, or a 30PICT-1 with an electric choke?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hsosa1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30pict 1 with electric choke.
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I asked because I I've read that the PCI type carbs had a removable venturi. And racers would remove it entirely and smooth the barrel and then use it with large air and main jets.

The 30PICT-1, I'm not sure how well it would do on that engine. It would work, my 1600DP runs pretty good with one. And if your goal is to hold your engine down, that'll definately do it. I think a better, but admittedly more expensive option are some smaller dual carbs than you have now.
hsosa1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank s . I dont have the cash to redo the webers so I figuared i use what I have on hand to get my DC on the road I miss driving it . Laughing
Art Thraen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the 1600 race engines (score engines) we use a 30 pict 1 and at BAJA they use a 145 main.. these engines are 12:1 comp, race gas

Just to know I have most every size of solex jet needed..

Art @ ACE
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: