Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Spotted Bays on the way…
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

Spotted and met these guys on the Mass Pike yesterday.

Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

Multi color Westi heading south on I87 near Saugerties

Blue yellow rear, grey primer too

Making good time

73/79 era Bay
wit61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

Near Newburgh, NY as we were passing through. There was also a squareback

www.classicvelocity.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWDog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

Full-on Hippie 71 in my hometown. Nice people Smile

1970 Lotus White Single Cab 2015- , 1979 Sage Green 2014-2015, 1978 Dakota Beige Westy 2012-2015, 1978 Neptune Blue Riviera 2012-2017 , 1970 Neptune Blue Bus 2010-2012, 1970 Deluxe Savannah Beige 2010-2012, 1985 Iltis 2010- , 1962 Single Cab 2010-2013, 1975 Brasilia? Bay/Split Kombi from Brazil 2008-2011, 1985 DoKa 1999-2009, 1971 Bus 1999-2000, 1968 Double Cab 1991-1998, 1965 Ghia 1987-1991, 1970 Westfalia-bought by Mum and Dad in 1970, sold by me in 1993 why-oh-why :_(
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

14,000 is the I don't want to sell it price but the wife said I HAD to put it for sale.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
14,000 is the I don't want to sell it price but the wife said I HAD to put it for sale.
I was thinking the same thing. The $8500 for the white one I thought was a bit much, but the green one sealed the opinion.
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

wit61 wrote:

No shit! I spoke to that gentleman last year posing for a photo with my bus… He "saw a twenty five window on TV go for a lot of money" and just kept pestering me about the price of mine and telling me what I should do to it.

If you're ever that way again, one of the finest foods I've ever eaten is a donut from Twin Peaks Coffee & Donuts in Tannersville, NY. The coffee doesn't suck there either.

Gotta find the photo now…
Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

$85.00
$145.00
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
wit61 wrote:

No shit! I spoke to that gentleman last year posing for a photo with my bus… He "saw a twenty five window on TV go for a lot of money" and just kept pestering me about the price of mine and telling me what I should do to it.

If you're ever that way again, one of the finest foods I've ever eaten is a donut from Twin Peaks Coffee & Donuts in Tannersville, NY. The coffee doesn't suck there either.

Robbie
All of those 25 window buses go for a lot of money.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
wit61 wrote:

Robbie

Never happened.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CrRusty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

Its interesting to view others sense of distance. "next time in the area" The Bay windows for sale on Route 9w and the Twin peaks Donut shop are 1-1/2 hour drive apart. I guess when you are driving from California they are next to each other. Maybe Robbie can convince me its worth it for me to drive the 1-1/2 hour drive for Donuts, from Connecticut. Its all relative.
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

CrRusty wrote:
Its interesting to view others sense of distance. "next time in the area" The Bay windows for sale on Route 9w and the Twin peaks Donut shop are 1-1/2 hour drive apart. I guess when you are driving from California they are next to each other. Maybe Robbie can convince me its worth it for me to drive the 1-1/2 hour drive for Donuts, from Connecticut. Its all relative.

Ha! When my “on the way” encompasses a 15,000 mile road trip, yeah my perspective gets a little skewed..... 930 miles for a hamburger is still my worst, but I promise the donuts are worth an hour and a half!

Jason, I thought I had a wider shot with all the buses, but I can’t find my camera. My friend sent me this, of the rest of his collection.

Robbie

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

Sent and received a wave from a nice looking white on red sweet 1972 near route 96 upstate NY
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

Yesterday afternoon, about 3:30. Westbound I 90 about 20 miles East of Missoula MT. White early bay Westy, black bra, Texas plates that said something like VWTYPE2 or similar.

No chance of a photo, as I was unprepared and driving 75 in my modern appliance.

Whoever you are, nice bus. Have a safe trip.
enenen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

Spotted in Portland a couple weeks ago on vacation! Loved the stripes, so I had to snap a photo. Since then I've seen that it's OG Velvet's bus. Looks good!!

richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

richparker wrote:

Is the bay hiding behind the split?
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

The deluxe 11 window double cab split Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Spotted Bays on the way… Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
The deluxe 11 window double cab split Wink

With some sexy-ass chrome pressed bumpers!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Jump to:
Page 41 of 55

Jump to: