Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Your all-time favorite movie
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

The hunt for Red October.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:

"...It would sound like whales humping or some kind of a seismic anomaly..." Haha, and I'd like to see Montana too but not at the cost of treason ahaha

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Pale Rider or anything with Clint Eastwood.

Patton with George C Scott. Well basically most war movies. Full Metal Jacket, another good one!!!

On the funnier side, I am almost ashamed to type it, Dumb and Dumber, and Pure Luck with Danny Glover and Martin Short.

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:

Ohhh. That was a good movie!

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

VW_Jimbo wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:

Yes but what was your one favorite? The OP asked for just one although many here cannot decide or they list multiples. It’s hard to narrow down to just one and I’m going to change my original choice “ The Grapes of Wrath” by John Steinbeck starring Henry Fonda to something more modern. Now it’s “ The Pawnshop Chronicles” I highly recommend that one. 😀
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Yes but what was your one favorite? The OP asked for just one although many here cannot decide or they list multiples.

No sir. There are so many great movies (& even not so great movies) that I could not pick one, let alone a specific genre.

It's like the scene in "Monty Python & the Holy Grail", "WHAT is your favorite color?" "Red, I mean AHHHHH..."

That said, I fart in your general direction, your mother was a hamster & your father smelt of elderberries. Laughing

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Well I see what you mean so I’m going to revise again, today my most favorite movie is “Dr. Strangelove” or “ How I learned to stop worrying and love the Bomb” 😀
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Well I see what you mean so I’m going to revise again, today my most favorite movie is “Dr. Strangelove” or “ How I learned to stop worrying and love the Bomb” 😀

In the ever so immortal words of slim Pickens, "WAAAHHHAWW".

Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
VW_Jimbo wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:

Yes but what was your one favorite? The OP asked for just one although many here cannot decide or they list multiples. It’s hard to narrow down to just one and I’m going to change my original choice “ The Grapes of Wrath” by John Steinbeck starring Henry Fonda to something more modern. Now it’s “ The Pawnshop Chronicles” I highly recommend that one. 😀

You must be joking? I actually worked on "Pawnshop Chronicles." I didn't think anyone actually saw it. Come to think of it, I worked on a whole lot of stuff that very few people have seen. Laughing

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:

Why?

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Now it’s “ The Pawnshop Chronicles” I highly recommend that one. 😀

13% on Rotten Tomatoes-- so bad that it had to change its name for video re-release to "Hustlers"

Razz

1600 SP engine
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:

Why?

Only because it got an 86% on rotten tomatoes & I wanted to look kool. Rolling Eyes

Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

13% on Rotten Tomatoes-- so bad that it had to change its name for video re-release to "Hustlers"

Razz

Wife and I both liked it, maybe we have eclectic tastes😀 sometimes things outside of mainstream can challenge your thoughts. Somebody said it was like
Hee Haw meets Pulp Fiction. That said if you didn’t like Pulp Fiction or similar then don’t waste yer time.
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

I've recently been introduced to "The Room".
And conversely, "The Disaster Artist"

Holy shit. A movie so bad it has become a cult classic, with a movie about the making of the bad movie, with a HUGE A-list cast.

The guys at work that have seen it are constantly throwing out quotes and one-liners from the movie.

"I did naht hit her! I did naht!! Oh hai Mark."

Pure gold!
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Bob Loblaw wrote:
I've recently been introduced to "The Room".
And conversely, "The Disaster Artist"

Holy shit. A movie so bad it has become a cult classic, with a movie about the making of the bad movie, with a HUGE A-list cast.

The guys at work that have seen it are constantly throwing out quotes and one-liners from the movie.

"I did naht hit her! I did naht!! Oh hai Mark."

Pure gold!

Tommy Wiseau actually has a cameo in The Disaster Artist, kind of surprising Very Happy

"YOU'RE TEARING ME APAHHT LISA!!!"

1600 SP engine
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
sb001 wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Razz

Wife and I both liked it, maybe we have eclectic tastes😀 sometimes things outside of mainstream can challenge your thoughts. Somebody said it was like
Hee Haw meets Pulp Fiction. That said if you didn’t like Pulp Fiction or similar then don’t waste yer time.

I rarely watch any of the stuff I work on, and I had no intention of watching this one either, but my wife really wanted to see it because she liked a couple of the actors in it. When it was over she says, "well ... it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be."

Pawn Shop Chronicles is definitely not the worst movie I have worked on. Laughing

And just so I don't derail this thread, a couple of my favorite movies are "The Princess Bride" and "Bladerunner." Or maybe "2001: A Space Odyssey" and "The Shawshank Redemption." And probably a few more too.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Q-Dog wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
sb001 wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Razz

I rarely watch any of the stuff I work on, and I had no intention of watching this one either, but my wife really wanted to see it because she liked a couple of the actors in it. When it was over she says, "well ... it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be."

Pawn Shop Chronicles is definitely not the worst movie I have worked on. Laughing

And just so I don't derail this thread, a couple of my favorite movies are "The Princess Bride" and "Bladerunner." Or maybe "2001: A Space Odyssey" and "The Shawshank Redemption." And probably a few more too.

I like that one too especially when warden shoots himself. 😀 a happy ending of sorts.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Q-Dog wrote:
"The Shawshank Redemption."

Like Forrest Gump, completely overrated.

1600 SP engine
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Fantasia - 1940.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
Q-Dog wrote:
"The Shawshank Redemption."

Like Forrest Gump, completely overrated.

Both are simple stories, likeable characters get shit on but overcome adversity and triumph in the end. It’s a Hollywood formula that works, people say they don’t like it well the numbers say different. Another example, Jimmy Stewart’s “its a wonderful Life”.... there are many others. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: