Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Your all-time favorite movie
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

New favorite, an oldie but a goodie Citizen Kane with Orsen Wells.

Last edited by Zundfolge1432 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

I watched the "Under Siege" movie today. Not bad. I really got a kick out of the vintage 1986 commercials!
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Spezialist wrote:
Guys going through a divorce with kids need to watch Louie CK, it’s tough love.

That or Bill Burr
Just make sure neither are in the room when watching ! Laughing
Volks Wagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Q-Dog wrote:

And just so I don't derail this thread, a couple of my favorite movies are "The Princess Bride"

Inconceivable! Good movie. Speaking of kids movies..

I like The Bridge to Terrabithia also. I watched that several times with my little girl. I'd watch it again. 2 very well cast young actors. Nice story. Something special about that movie.

I'm definitely, probably, the worlds greatest lover.

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
russ c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Jerimiah Johnson
super74beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

russ c wrote:
Jerimiah Johnson

Jeremiah Johnson is definitely a great flick. I own it and watch it at least once a year.

I just thought of one I haven't seen here yet; Heart Like A Wheel. The story of drag racer Shirley Muldowney and her rise through the ranks of what was up till then a male dominated sport. I grew up reading Super Stock & Drag Illustrated magazine and was a frequent spectator at Detroit Dragway and I saw her rise and loved it.

Anyone with a daughter should make certain she sees this flick. It even has Hoyt Axton as Muldowney's father.

Dennis
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

All time favourite movie? This is an impossible question because the answer depends so much on mood, memory, and music. The movies that made a huge impression on me at the time:

The Time Machine (I fell in love with that girl)
The Clint Eastwood trilogy starting with A Fistful of Dollars
Romeo and Juliet (the Zeffirelli version)
Doctor Zhivago
Apocalypse Now
Pretty Woman
The Belier Family (French with sub-titles)

All time favourite? The Professional with Jean Reno and Natalie Portman

Watch the movie of my book: Shepherds & Butchers (rough stuff, so be warned)
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Agreed, The Professional is one of the best I have ever seen. Gary Oldman is an absolute beast.
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Agreed, The Professional is one of the best I have ever seen. Gary Oldman is an absolute beast.

Three extraordinary actors at the beginning of their careers and outstanding in The Professional. The relationship between Reno and Portman's characters was portrayed with an intensity and sensitivity seldom seen in film-making, where a happy ending is all too often shallowly pursued. What is missing from many movies (and novels) is character development. How do the events and other characters change a person? And this is where The Professional rises above most others.

Reno - an assassin for hire - and Potman - a little girl whose family had been murdered by Oldman's character and was being hunted to prevent her giving evidence - were as good as Oldman, and we have seen over the years how good he is.

Having now spoken about this, I'm going to have to watch it again - the uncut version.

Thanks for engaging me on this.

Last edited by kiwighia68 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

kiwighia68 wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Three extraordinary actors at the beginning of their careers and outstanding in The Professional. The relationship between Reno and Portman's characters was portrayed with an intensity and sensitivity seldom seen in film-making, where a happy ending is all too often shallowly pursued. What is missing from many movies (and novels) is character development. How do the events and other character's change a person? And this is where The Professional rises above most others.

Reno - an assassin for hire - and Potman - a little girl whose family had been murdered by Oldman's character and was being hunted to prevent her giving evidence - were as good as Oldman, and we have seen over the years how good he is.

Having now spoken about this, I'm going to have to watch it again - the uncut version.

Thanks for engaging me on this.

I watch it about once every two years. It never disappoints.
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

So I started this thread with the movie “The Secretary” which is my favorite of all time in that Genre.

My favorite about drama/comedy/historical is “the big short” this movie deserves many watchings in my opinion. For a movie that portrays itself as a tell all about the 2008 crash, it remarkably helps maintain some very key points in the status quo of high finance.
super74beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Even though it's not exactly a documentary I really love The Da Vinci Code. I read an article on the BBC website about the Temple Church (in London I think) and became very intrigued by the tale. The movie isn't true to the actual Knights Templar but it's O.K. I guess.

The movie actually made me want to learn more about the Templars so I bought the book "The Templars" by Dan Jones. It goes back to the Knight's formation as protectors of travelers to the holy land and sites. It starts in 1102 and progresses. Excellent book that I'm halfway through a 2nd time.

Dennis
Karmannut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World
Air and Water do mix!
ghia4mea
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Destination Tokyo -1943
North by Northwest - 1959
Mr. Holland's Opus - 1995
Shawshank Redemption - 1994
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

I love Split Second -Rutger Hauer. These two cops chasing a derelict monster.

Best part was when his young partner finally got a look at the monster and turns out just like the other cop -paranoid and obsessed w/ larger guns to kill this beast. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crocteau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Blood Simple
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Jump to:
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: