Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

your favorite VW Shows for next year?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwlovr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: your favorite VW Shows for next year? Reply with quote

hey, this coming year my family and i are looking to ditch normal life and go on a year or so of living in an RV with syncro in tow (yes, i know, all four wheels on the ground) anyway. aside from syncro de mayo, the Classics, and Solvang in CA. what are some good vw shows to hit across the country? we're interested in mainly Bus shows, or at least camping or vanagon friendly shows, but i'm open to any, even all h20 shows.

tell me your favorite shows or campouts, anywhere in the US.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
erdonline
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: VW Shows Reply with quote

Are you getting to the East coast, too?

There are two shows in CT that are pretty big- The Litchfield Bug-In in Harwinton, CT (formerly in Litchfield, hence the name) on Father's Day in June. It's pretty big and has camping the night before, as well as free dinner for the campers.

In the middle of August is a similar show, the Terryville Bug-A-Fair.

Both are all-VW shows, but there are a good number of Vanagons.

How about hitting some VW camping events? Between the Samba, LiMBO, and Full Moon Bus Club, you can find out all about camping events where all sorts of VW campers from early split windows to 2003 Eurovans get together, with anywhere from a dozen to 200 vehicles. I go to events from South Carolina to Ontario, Canada, from march through October. Most events have a pot-luck dinner, many a burrito breakfast, and other activities.

Ed in CT (going to one such event next weekend in Ontario, Buses of the Corn)
vwlovr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Shows Reply with quote

thanks, yeah we do plan to hit the east coast, but it may only be in the winter so we may be SOL for shows then. still, keep 'em coming out itinerary is still up in the air.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Zen Mechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

My "absolute, do not miss, must attend" show is Buses By The Bridge in Lake Havasu, AZ. Mid January.

Another one I try to make each year is Jerome Jamboree in Jerome, AZ each September.

I don't do many "shows", usually just bus campouts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwlovr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Mechanic wrote:
Quote:

My "absolute, do not miss, must attend" show is Buses By The Bridge in Lake Havasu, AZ. Mid January.

Another one I try to make each year is Jerome Jamboree in Jerome, AZ each September.

I don't do many "shows", usually just bus campouts.

cool, thanks. i almost went to that last year, it looks like a good campout. i'm definitely into campouts more. i grew up in st. louis and did a few buses by the arch, when they were still a bit closer to the arch.
wildenbeast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the only show I ever went to, but I really had a good time at VW's on the Green (this year it was May 18th) in the Denver area.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwlovr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildenbeast wrote:
It's the only show I ever went to, but I really had a good time at VW's on the Green (this year it was May 18th) in the Denver area.

that one looks decent and might actually fit in with our itinerary. thx
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it isn't exactly a *show*, if you get up into the Pacific Northwest next June-ish drop by the Deschutes RendesVW in Maupin, Oregon. it's a kick in the pants...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
vwlovr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tristessa wrote:
While it isn't exactly a *show*, if you get up into the Pacific Northwest next June-ish drop by the Deschutes RendesVW in Maupin, Oregon. it's a kick in the pants...

nice, i've read about that one before to, looks fun. that may work in our itinerary too. i think june we'll be on the west coast or UT area for world superbike (if it comes again in UT).

keep em' coming. this thread has already inspired me to re-route our trip to align with some shows.
Raynor Shine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerome Jamboree, Jerome AZ. usually mid Sept. Great people, great camping.

azrizona bus club. check them out
Ma'ili Pt Westy
Samba Member

Location: Woodside, California (located in Northern California)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: northern california yahoo vwcamperfamily Reply with quote

Checkout the yahoo northern california vwcamperfamily group. I've met up with the group on couple of the outings and had a great time. Good people and fun times. Our last campout was at Del Valle in Livermore. We have several other camping trip planned for the year.

Do you line in La Honda? We are at the four corners. I'm the guy with the white westy (daily driver).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: