Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Current (May 18, 2022) fuel injector service recommendations
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject: Current (May 18, 2022) fuel injector service recommendations Reply with quote

I have followed the instructions on Witchhunter injector service to send in my set. Their current language indicates they are extremely busy (80 hour weeks, please don’t make unnecessary phone calls) and I have not heard back from them.

I spoke with Cruizin Performance and he is taking things a little slower these days (per website) and indicated a ten - twelve day turnaround might be tough to accomplish. I would like them with a fairly quick turnaround.

• Any suggestions for alternative fuel injector service would be welcomed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Current (May 18, 2022) fuel injector service recommendations Reply with quote

Mr Injector.

https://www.mrinjector.us/

"Turnaround time as of Monday May 16th is about 3 to 5 working days."

BiWerks Design, LLC
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Current (May 18, 2022) fuel injector service recommendations Reply with quote

Or get new injectors from MansiSpeed.

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
do.dah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Current (May 18, 2022) fuel injector service recommendations Reply with quote

I've used witchhunter a coupla times, and have been extremely pleased.
Yes, his website is a bit off-putting,, I just chaulk it up as he likes what he does,, but HATES dealing with people/interruptions.

The 1st time I felt like I needed injector service, I researched him, mostly cuz he's local to me. His website said basically the same thing as what you say now. Huge wait time, no contact, blah blah blah.
I went with him anyway. Kinda scary, cuz of the huge, listed wait time and inability to actually get any response.

BUT! He was GREAT at giving updates, with stuff such as: "Recieved your injectors, waiting for service. Injectors due to be serviced tomorrow. Injectors serviced, due to be shipped back in xx days.
AND, despite his listed wait times, I got my injectors back MUCHO earlier than expected. And always have.

Since that 1st time, I have no qualms with him. I follow his shipping/pmt instructions, and get great service, great info on health of the injectors, and even maybe a bit of personalized info of what/how to use/maintain the injectors.
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Current (May 18, 2022) fuel injector service recommendations Reply with quote

^^^ Agreed with above - only one dealing with WitchHunter and while a tad apprehensive given the doom and gloom on the website, I was very pleased with the service and communications once I got my injectors in the pipeline.
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Current (May 18, 2022) fuel injector service recommendations Reply with quote

I used Witchhunter in the past and was very pleased. I’ve recommended them several times.

But that was several years ago and sometimes things change. So I wanted a recent experience input. As of today, still no response from Witchhunter.

I spoke with Bill at Mr. Injector in Idaho a few times today and sent them out to him. Thanks for the input!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Current (May 18, 2022) fuel injector service recommendations Reply with quote

I used Witchhunter in the past and was very pleased. I’ve recommended them several times.

But that was several years ago and sometimes things change. So I wanted a recent experience input.

I spoke with Bill at Mr. Injector in Idaho a few times today and sent them out to him. Thanks for the input!
Howesight
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Current (May 18, 2022) fuel injector service recommendations Reply with quote

While Witchhunter and the other busy injector service companies are, I am sure, excellent, almost every city over 100,000 population has a company that does this service and you can then meet the person face-to-face.

I was surprised how many injector cleaning businesses there were up here in BC.
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Current (May 18, 2022) fuel injector service recommendations Reply with quote

You'll like what you get from Bill at Mr. Injector. I've sent him a dozen sets over the years and am lucky he's right here in town.

Having said that, he was swamped during Covid and I couldn't wait to get my Supra running. So I did the YouTube technique of spraying cleaner through them using a tire filler and a can of aerosol cleaner, with the injector buzzing away using 12 volts. Worked great. So if you're reading this some day and in a pinch - that option's open to you.
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Current (May 18, 2022) fuel injector service recommendations Reply with quote

Howesight wrote:
While Witchhunter and the other busy injector service companies are, I am sure, excellent, almost every city over 100,000 population has a company that does this service and you can then meet the person face-to-face.

I was surprised how many injector cleaning businesses there were up here in BC.

Yes, that's true. I could have done that on my way to work, but I wanted to get the recent opinions of folks here. If there was not anything good to hear, I would have dropped them off locally.
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Current (May 18, 2022) fuel injector service recommendations Reply with quote

IdahoDoug wrote:
You'll like what you get from Bill at Mr. Injector. I've sent him a dozen sets over the years and am lucky he's right here in town.

Having said that, he was swamped during Covid and I couldn't wait to get my Supra running. So I did the YouTube technique of spraying cleaner through them using a tire filler and a can of aerosol cleaner, with the injector buzzing away using 12 volts. Worked great. So if you're reading this some day and in a pinch - that option's open to you.

Sounds great! They went to Bill yesterday. I actually have a home-made pressurized fuel injector cleaning set-up using a model train transformer to control the voltage for resistor-controlled injectors. And I have used filters and pintle kits, too. It is definitely a good way for me to run some basic cleaning and operational test while looking at the spray pattern through a salad dressing jar.

But its not close to being professional Laughing

Link
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: