Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brazil webers?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Multi69s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Brazil webers? Reply with quote

Has anyone heard of webers made in brazil? A friend just got a set of single throat webers on tall vw intakes. There are no identification numbers, just a weber W on the side, and indust brasileir. They look like a cross between an ICT and a Solex PSDIT. The have a cast iron throtle plate section similar to the PSDIT, but the top looks similar to an ICT. The bore is approx, 35.6 mm. Also, the accelerator pump is a cup vs a diaphram.

Thanks for the help
Gone but not forgotten 72 Baja Bug 2010
My builds
T4 into Squareback http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=458944&highlight=
Auto Trans Rebuild http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=516066&highlight=
AC in Squareback https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
vw club del peru
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 80`s brazilian VW "Gol`s, Amazon/Gacel" come`s with WECABRAS carburators made in brazil with a weber license.... search in google

CARLOS P.
1970t1vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The carbs are known as Weber DFV 228 . They were sold by Claudes Buggies
in the '70 or so. Parts are almost impossible to find. I know from looking for the past 2yrs.
MTLBUGGY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts are availabe in Brazil. It appears as though this carb was used on many different models in South America. Im sure if you do a search on Google "DFV 228" you will find some distributers, Hope your Portuguese or Spanish is fluent!! Im currently waiting for a reply to see if they will ship to Montreal Canada Smile
busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always wondered about those carbs, I have a set of duals for a T4, never been installed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volkenstein
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,
Some links would be great! These Brazilian Webers made it to far flung continents (particularly the SOLEX Pict bolt on replacements) and a reliable source for ANY parts (other than EMPI basic kits) would be welcome!!

Regards
Volkenstein
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a set of these carbs and intakes in good condition for sale in the classifieds right now.
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chiprodriguez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these carbs any good? Other than parts being obsolete, are they easy to tune? I'm more interested in economy than power. I have 2 sets, a dual port pair on cast steel vw/audi manifolds and a singleport pair on CB manifolds. Just wondering if I should invest time into them or go with an ict or frd set up. What are these Brazilian carbs worth?
earthquake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has any body checked with CB perf to see about kits for them?

Casey
05 SCION XB SERIES RELEASE 2[#437]
95 Chevy C3500 dually
98 Ford E150
Link to Kelly J. Nolte 3/20/53 - 11/6/08
https://time-zonelabs.blogspot.com/p/about-kelly.html
DEATH TO CHINGERS!
[From a military recruitment poster in the novel "The Stainless Steel Rat" By Harry Harrison]
1970t1vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look on e-b*y right now for a kit it is listed as a Royze kit WE-26k
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've located an old (circa 1981) Hot VWs installation article about these carburetors, if anyone is interested in further information on these carbs. I have a pair that I'm hoping to dry out on a 1600 I plan to put together. The set I have are very clean and in great shape.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Multi69s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suprised to see this post resurected. I ran them for a while on a 2L T4 that I put in my Squareback. They are actually a very cheap carb. with not a lot of adjustability. They have a leather cup, plunger style accel pump and trying to find different jets for them are non exisetent. I acutually ended up with two sets and built one good set from the two. However, I was not very happy with them. I tried drilling the jets and playing with the accel pump, but could never get them to work right. I ended up switching to a set of baby webbers and have not looked back. I lost a little bit of top end, but the driveability more then made up for the loss. If you want mine pm me, I will sell them for cheap.
My builds
T4 into Squareback http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=458944&highlight=
Auto Trans Rebuild http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=516066&highlight=
AC in Squareback https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multi69s wrote:
Suprised to see this post resurected. I ran them for a while on a 2L T4 that I put in my Squareback. They are actually a very cheap carb. with not a lot of adjustability. They have a leather cup, plunger style accel pump and trying to find different jets for them are non exisetent. I acutually ended up with two sets and built one good set from the two. However, I was not very happy with them. I tried drilling the jets and playing with the accel pump, but could never get them to work right. I ended up switching to a set of baby webbers and have not looked back. I lost a little bit of top end, but the driveability more then made up for the loss. If you want mine pm me, I will sell them for cheap.

I'd read somewhere that they share the same type of jets with either Solex cars or the Progressive carbs, but have not been able to verify this for myself? It would make sense them to share jets with another type of carb, as I just can't imagine such an odd beast being that unique from the cost perspective at the manufacturing level.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Low67vdubinnocal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://loja.banner-link.com.br/loja.asp?Loja_id=1469&Pedido_Id= I think by the time you bought kits and paid for shipping you could have a new set of carbs. Do a search on 228 dfv in this section and there are 8 or 9 threads on the little carbs. Think the kits are like $70 each.
Multi69s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many jets for both solex (many different styles from 40PIIs to T1 & T3) and webbers (progresives, ICTs and IDAs). None of the jets would work, hence the drilling. Also if I remeber right, they only have 2 jets, a main and what looks like an air correction. After all of my playing with them, I found them to be a lost cause and I have been playing with jetting for years (2 & 4 stroke dirtbikes as well as VWs)
My builds
Low67vdubinnocal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked around that Brazilian Weber page and used Google translate and you can buy that little DFV 228 rebuilt for US. $640. or a kit for US. $141. It was a fun little set back in 1980. Think I paid all of $100 for the kit way back when. There used to be other jets from CB. back then. Hate to see what the brazilian guys charge for jets in today's money.
GDOG57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=WE-26K
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugnut68 wrote:
I've located an old (circa 1981) Hot VWs installation article about these carburetors, if anyone is interested in further information on these carbs. I have a pair that I'm hoping to dry out on a 1600 I plan to put together. The set I have are very clean and in great shape.

Which month in 1981, did Hot VW's have installation article on the Webers?

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Brazil webers? Reply with quote

They have had about 15 articles on installations since 1981. If you go to the HVW web site I think they have a tech article listings for back issues.

brad
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Brazil webers? Reply with quote

They have had about 15 articles on installations since 1981. If you go to the HVW web site I think they have a tech article listings for back issues.

brad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: