Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Matthew Olson - banjomo85 - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: banjomo85
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: January 27, 2009
CINCYJEEPN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Matthew Olson - banjomo85 - [email protected] Reply with quote

DO NOT BUY FROM MATT OLSON I had agreed to by a thing top frame from him and payed through pal pal. a week later he wrote me back saying that he wanted more money for it. and to pay him $50 dollars more for it. i thought that it was fishy so i told him that we had already settled on a price and to just send me the frame. he sent me angery letters. saying that he could not be live that I would do this to a fellow air cooler, i responed ttelling him at I would just make a claim with pay pal if he didn't send the money. i then went to pay pal made a claim , witch they found in my favor. but they just contacted me saying that he has closed his account and that i am SOL> don't let this happen to you. I am now going to have to take this to the state attorneys office, for them to right angry letters. if anyone out there has any other ideas I would be glad to hear them.

Also uses
[email protected]
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you pay with a credit card through PayPal?

If so, call your cc company and tell them you dispute the charge. They will reverse the charge back to Paypal and credit your money back to your cc account.

If not, perhaps your warning will stir some sense of responsibility in Matt.
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Matt Olson - Banjomo85 Reply with quote

Matt sold me a vent window for $65 (including shipping).

Contrary to his description, the frame and the pivot was rusted out making the frame worthless. He agreed by email that the part was not as described and offered a refund of $50. That was a couple weeks ago and still no refund and no replies to recent emails.

BEWARE!

His user ID: banjomo85

His email: [email protected]

His ads: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=banjomo85
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent him an email asking him to respond in here.

Please post again if he takes care of these issues.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
banjomo85
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: paypal issues Reply with quote

i have sent both of these buyers full refunds and got an email from paypal that the refunds were cleared. But yesterday i received email saying the transactions failed so i am in the process with paypal to see what went wrong and how to get these buyers money back to them. I understand the buyers frustration and concern but I am not a crook and they will get a full refund asap. I describe my items and post pics the best i can. these cars are 40 years old now and im just selling used old parts that are still useable. not new or show quality. sorry for any trouble and please dont shy away from my ads im trying to provide vw parts to those who need them and make a little extra to keep my 4 aircooled daily drivers on the road.
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that "The Hammer", aka EB has gotten into the mix, Matt has contacted me several times by email letting me know that he is having difficulties with his paypal account.

It looks like his Paypal account is closed or otherwise restricted. I tried to send him a penny for his thoughts but got this notice:

Authorization Failed
This recipient is currently unable to receive money.
This payment cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later.

I have sent him my mailing address as he indicates he will send money through the mail. I will report back next week with any progress.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CINCYJEEPN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVERYTHING HAS BEEN TAKEN CARE OF AND THE MONEY HAS BEEN REFUNDED. AND THE UNIVERSE IS SAFE...........
FOR NOW
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CINCYJEEPN wrote:
EVERYTHING HAS BEEN TAKEN CARE OF AND THE MONEY HAS BEEN REFUNDED. AND THE UNIVERSE IS SAFE...........
FOR NOW

I am patiently waiting for a refund.
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One week, no refund.
outruncat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've met and bought parts from Matt. He seemed like a nice young guy...

However, I got a few items with the belief they were correctly described, found out months later a longblock purchased was the wrong year and displacement as promised.

It was my fault for not knowing the serial or checking at pickup. He claimed to be familiar with the engine, so I am not sure if he was unaware or just being an opportunist.

I ended up using it on a separate project, I was not too upset about it all and put it in the back of my mind to be more aware in general for this hobby... however I wanted to share the experience.
Floridian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outruncat wrote:
I've met and bought parts from Matt. He seemed like a nice young guy...

However, I got a few items with the belief they were correctly described, found out months later a longblock purchased was the wrong year and displacement as promised.

It was my fault for not knowing the serial or checking at pickup. He claimed to be familiar with the engine, so I am not sure if he was unaware or just being an opportunist.

I ended up using it on a separate project, I was not too upset about it all and put it in the back of my mind to be more aware in general for this hobby... however I wanted to share the experience.

Can you send me Matt's contact information...I paid for few parts from him which he send all but a set of bumper guards.which were not in the box.......I am to Kansas City..Give the address, too
outruncat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. I got your PM's...

I do not have his contact information.
Floridian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Olson owe me a set of bumper guards for a bay which strangely cost me 550 dollars...He still has the post up for the bumper and states that the guards have been sold.....Now I can't get him to answer me......

Can someone send me his contact information/location...I going to be
in Kansas 30 miles from where he lives or just ban him for samba...

I think he is stiffing me my 50 dollar for the guys thing top?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to additional complaints, I have deactivated all of his current ads as a precaution.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call Ev.

I still have not seen my refund and doubt I ever will.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears he came back with a new id of:
vw63slpit - [email protected]

This user has been banned.

In addition, his original id of banjomo85 has been banned until all complaints are resolved.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He emailed me today so I unbanned him and asked him to post an update in here.
Quote:
the guy with missing parts was a misunderstanding which i agreed to go ahead and send the parts that were not included in the original deal. He should be getting those parts anytime now. as for the other guy with the refund for the vent window i have tried to send money to him 5 times now through paypal and it keeps rejecting it. i am trying my best to get it solved but I cant afford to take a chance on sending him multiple refunds.

Anchovy,
I told him to email or PM you.
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard from him in more than a week.

Here is the lastest email string in which he promises a couple times to send a refund through the mail. A slightly different story than the one he tells in his email to you. IMHO he is a sneaky character. He obviously has a bunch of customers upset with him for breaking his word and misrepresenting the parts he is selling. To top it off, when he is banned he sneaks back in under an alias.

Matt Olson = Romano Jr.

Here is the email thread....

Matt Olson <[email protected]> Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 3:15 PM
To: jeff grant <[email protected]>
ok the my paypal account will not let me send you the money. I dont know what the hell is going on. Can i send you cash or money order to your adress just to get it cleared up? i know you want your money and i want it out of the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jeff grant <[email protected]> Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 3:45 PM
To: Matt Olson <[email protected]>
If you have continued problems with paypal, send postal money order to:

Jeff Grant
PO Box 2121
San Marcos, CA 92069

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jeff grant <[email protected]> Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 10:05 PM
To: Matt Olson <[email protected]>
Matt,

It has been a week since you said you would send my refund. Do you have an update? I have not seen anything in the mail or my paypal account.

Thanks and let me know so I can update your feedback thread.

Jeff

Matt Olson <[email protected]> Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 10:31 PM
To: jeff grant <[email protected]>
sorry. I will send out a money order tomorrow. Paypal is impossible to deal with. I will mail it out to you first thing in the morning.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noted.
Floridian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Followup -Floridian Reply with quote

It is resolved on my end (Floridian) - I got the parts I paid for ..He shipped the items and I received the items this week while I out of town....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: