Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Matthew Olson - banjomo85 - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: banjomo85
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: January 27, 2009
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt came through with a refund one month after the initial transaction.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JIbe-it
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another issue with Matt Olson I’d like to warn folks about regarding an ad he posted
# 634112 about 2 months ago. It was for a 1973 Thing transmission.

Matt said his was in great shape (email and phone call confirmations) and he was selling it because he was parting out his Thing.
Took almost 2 weeks to get here. Then after waiting until my air cooled mechanic was free to install the transmission, I found out that not only did the tranny have loud reverse whining and groaning problems, it also whined and groaned in every gear, and it had a bad 3rd synchro.
I related that information to Matt and he accused me of running the car with no fluid in the transmission and that’s why it has a problem now. He said it was running great when it left his place and he was sticking to that saying it was my word against his.
I offered him the opportunity to talk to my mechanic and I provided him with all receipts of the work order and notes. No response from Matt.
My mechanic asked me was I sure it was a thing transmission, and I said yes, it was. That is what I was told by the poster (Matt) who had many many years of VW experience. My mechanic said he wasn't aware that Thing transmissions came with smaller axle flanges as he had to swap out my old flanges.
Then I did some investigating and found out it is a beetle transmission with an odd number stamped on the case (AH 1887299), not a Thing like my original (AV 27 03 3). I asked Matt once again to make it right and thus far he has ignored my emails.

You can imagine all the costs I have incurred (remove and replace engine and transmission) and will incur again (when the new one arrives) as I do not have the capability to do the work myself.
I never saw any negative feedback on Matt when I purchased the transmission, but now I see a history of deception. Beware of this guy and don’t trust what he says.
JIbe-it
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Everybody;
Got a transmission for my Thing from an honest Samba trader.
It runs great with no problems shifting and no whining and groaning like the one Matt Olson sold me (beetle) and presented as a Thing transmission.
Wish Everett would ban his ads so he couldn't cheat others.
By the way, still no response from Matt after all the proof of a bad transmission I sent him-Just beware!
banjomo85
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: feedback Reply with quote

to all of you who have had problems with me (very few) need to understand that I have all of these parts just laying around in boxes and such. I have no way of testing most of it and describe it to the best of my knowledge. I am not a vw expert and I just do this on the side apart from my other job so things may take a little longer than it would from somebody who just sits online all day and sells vw parts. all of these parts are used a 30+ years old so you cant expect perfection as I do not describe any of my parts as perfect. I have sold over a couple hundred items on here in the last several months and have only had a few complaints. As for the transmission I sold I know was good. I drove the car it was in but before I shipped it I had to drain all the fluid out of it and the purchaser had it for nearly three months before I got a complaint. I can't prove that the damage wasn't done by driving it without fluid. I offered to refund half which I thought was too much but she wouldn't settle. so I tried. As for the long block, I don't remember ever selling an engine on here. all the other complaint's were resolved. So please don't hesitate to buy from me because of two or three unhappy customers out of 200. thanks
JIbe-it
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is trying to sell the VW world the biggest BS story of the century.
DO NOT BUY FROM HIM AT ALL!!!
Sure my mechanic put in a tranny and ran it without fluid.
Sure he sold a Thing tranny to me which (while in transit) magically turned into a beetle tranny.
Sure he offered me 1/2 refund-right!
Do not believe anything he says or trust anything he sells.
I will gladly provide my mechanic's phone number to validate what I said before- the tranny was a beetle tranny that he presented as a Thing tranny, and it had major issues. It will have to be rebuilt.
Hey Matt- By the way, how did you run your Thing with the small flanges from the tranny you sold me?
You are a liar and hopefully no one will ever buy another part from you in the future.
banjomo85
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Thing tranny Reply with quote

That transmission came out of my orange 73 vw thing that all the other thing parts I sold on her came out of in running condition. I drove the car several times and the engine (pulled at the same time the trany was) went into a 63 split window bus that is still running today. something happened to it in the month and a half you had it. i don't know your mechanic and people do make mistakes even the pros. not saying that he did but else can I say?
banjomo85
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also I have way more satisfied customers than the few ones that aren't . that happens when people buy stuff without seeing it expecting a perfect piece of a car thats $40+ years old.
geneL3c Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: 25/36 hp intake manifold Reply with quote

Paid Matt Olson ( banjomo85 ) his asking price of $90.00 , shipping included , Dec 6 '08 for what was described as " probably a 25hp , possibly 36 hp intake manifold " ( said he doesn't know much about VW parts , he just bought a bunch of stuff at auction ! ). After waiting several weeks, sent several e-mails to find out when item was shipped , received no reply . After several more e-mails , Matt responded that he would " check out what happened " . After waiting again with no response , sent several more " reminders " , and received different, conflicting and oddball excuses and the possibility that " it might have been incorrectly addressed ' ( his girlfriend shipped it ! ) . He also suggested the possibility of " claiming insurance ", although he can't remember where it was actually addressed or when it went out . Believing that it had never been shipped in the first place , I asked for a refund which Matt promised to send via Paypal . It is now Jan 19 and I have still have not gotten a response since he promised on Jan 12 to refund my money . This is one of the few times I have not checked seller feedback before buying , I won't make the same mistake again ! I will be very surprised if I actually get a refund , CAVEAT EMPTOR !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JIbe-it
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see that happened to you geneL3c, I got it for $280 and contrary to what he said he never offered a refund. Said it was my fault as he knew that my mechanic was too stupid to put fluid in the transmission.
In his last BS rebuttal he claims he sold me other Thing parts. That is so untrue. I never bought anything from him in the past. Perhaps the other buyer got my Thing transmission and I got theirs. HA HA!

I travel alot and I cannot wait to get home to post photos of the tranny including the small flanges. Geez Matt, why don't you tell everyone why the "thing" tranny you sold me had small flanges on it?
Shame on you
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 25/36 hp intake manifold Reply with quote

geneL3c wrote:
Paid Matt Olson ( banjomo85 ) his asking price of $90.00 , shipping included , Dec 6 '08 for what was described as " probably a 25hp , possibly 36 hp intake manifold " ( said he doesn't know much about VW parts , he just bought a bunch of stuff at auction ! ). After waiting several weeks, sent several e-mails to find out when item was shipped , received no reply . After several more e-mails , Matt responded that he would " check out what happened " . After waiting again with no response , sent several more " reminders " , and received different, conflicting and oddball excuses and the possibility that " it might have been incorrectly addressed ' ( his girlfriend shipped it ! ) . He also suggested the possibility of " claiming insurance ", although he can't remember where it was actually addressed or when it went out . Believing that it had never been shipped in the first place , I asked for a refund which Matt promised to send via Paypal . It is now Jan 19 and I have still have not gotten a response since he promised on Jan 12 to refund my money . This is one of the few times I have not checked seller feedback before buying , I won't make the same mistake again ! I will be very surprised if I actually get a refund , CAVEAT EMPTOR !

I sent him an email asking him to resolve this.

In my opinion from looking at the ad photos, the manifold is a 36hp.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 25/36 hp intake manifold Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
geneL3c wrote:

I sent him an email asking him to resolve this.

In my opinion from looking at the ad photos, the manifold is a 36hp.

After no response from him to several emails from both me and the vendor above, he has been banned pending a resolution.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
geneL3c Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Matt Olson / aka banjoman85 Reply with quote

It is 17 Feb and Matt Olson appears to have disappeared off the face of the earth with my 90 bucks and has been banned from thesamba by Everett B ! If you ever materialize again , Matt , I hope it was worth it for a lousy $90.00 to screw the pooch and lose your selling rights . Rest in peace , old boy , you've made your mark ! Regards , Gene
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
geneL3c Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Matt Olson a/k/a banjomo85 Reply with quote

Well it's April 17 and , miracle of miracles , Matt finally responded a few weeks ago after many , many , unanswered " reminders " over several months ! Explanation and apology is that he has lost his job , spent the money and promises to repay me as soon as he can . Ever the optimist , I almost believe it may happen , time will tell . No crime in being in financial trouble ( most everyone is these days ) but an honest and timely response would have gone a long way to heading off the last four months of aggravation Matt !
geneL3c Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Matt Olson a/k/a banjoman85 Reply with quote

Well , Now it's Sept 2 and Matt has still to repay my 90 bucks as he promised soooo......... long ago ! Says he's not a crook , but he is still ignoring " reminders " of his promise to pay his debt .
geneL3c Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Olson , banjomo85 is back ! Since being banned by Everett , he has apparently reinvented himself as [email protected] ( Raymore , MO ) and is at it again , screwing the public once more . He promised last June 10 , 2009 to repay me $90.00 for a 36HP intake manifold that never arrived , and has not answered numerous e-mails . His standard M.O. is to take the money , make up excuses , stop answering e-mails and then disappear . He also variously disclaims much knowledge about VW's , that he is just selling for a friend , or got the parts at a yardsale , but methinks he's dumb like a fox !
SuperSamba Premium Member
Samba False Idol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banned again as
vintagevolksparts - [email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
serialkinder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

No news from his but just to let you know that he have another adress mail :

[email protected] and [email protected]

And if you want to see the face of this guy just click here. Sure it's him I find it with the address mail !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I banned that email just in case.
rlr147e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Seems I got taken too Reply with quote

I love the Samba.com, but I have been conned by one of your guys on here at vintagevolksparts.con, yes con.
I bought a NOS 12v headlight relay from him at Xmas, paid via paypal then waited.
After various mails he gets back to me an says it got sent to the wrong address, said he was sorry and he would get another out to me, as if NOS parts grow on trees.
Nothing came, no reply to my mails.
I reported him to Everett but can now see via the feed back he has been banned, lucky he doesen't live this side of the pond, we would deal with someone like him in a different way!!!!
So, as it says, BEWARE of scum, whoever you are.
I have had many dealings with many people over there and most seen to be fine, it only takes one!
Long live the samba.

Regards
Ron
serialkinder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Well he gave me the same excuse :

Quote:
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2010 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: Re:

Ok. i put your address wrong somehow. i will Put the correct address on and send them out to you.

What is the complete address mail he gave to you ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: