Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Beryl green frustration
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skip2MyLou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Beryl green frustration Reply with quote

far rider wrote:
Don't think that lime beige is reproduced. Another roadblock to BG owners. I plan on using the TMI Classic pea green. Certainly not original but I think it will look good with the BG car.

Thanks for the input Very Happy
62ItalianRagtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glutamodo wrote:
From the Gallery - this is a 61 so the steering wheel is not Silver Beige like 62-63. But you can see the green hand brake and shifter which are the same Nepal Green:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=258420
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Is this carpet for beryl green impossible to find ?
62ItalianRagtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Beryl green frustration Reply with quote

Someone told me that beryl green could have green or beige carpet ? Is it True? Any documentation about this?
Thank you
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Beryl green frustration Reply with quote

By coincidence this morning I stumbled across this remarkable factory paint detail manual in theSamba Archives-Literature-Beetle- 1959 Colors Canada. But it has an update to show the body and interior/matching colors for the 1961 model year (as of August 1960). I don't see the carpet colors on these two pages for Beryl Green but maybe the colors are on another page.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/8_59_paint_book/beetle_13.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/8_59_paint_book/beetle_14.jpg
maggiolino91
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Beryl green frustration Reply with quote

Hi! Has anyone try to die the sunroof vinyl in beryl green? With which product?
Thank you,
Greetings from Italy!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zombieite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Beryl green frustration Reply with quote

Thank you all for this thread.

I've always thought it was bad taste to change the color of a car. No matter what you do to a car, the one thing you should never change is its color. And if possible, if you find a car's color has been changed, you should recapture its history by going back to the original color, when you can afford to do so. The color, more than anything else, brings you back to the time the car was made.

I just purchased a great '63. It's technically my second bug, but this is my first attempt at entering into a long-term relationship with one. It's a beautiful light blue color, possibly even L289 blue-white. But that was only a wheel color, not a body color, in '63. So this was not its original color. But the blue-white color is attractive and vaguely period-correct. And the body, mechanicals, and price were all right so I bought.

I've ordered my car's birth certificate and am still waiting for it. But I assumed, when you're churning out millions of cars, the original paint color might not even have been recorded at the factory and/or kept this long (Do they really do that? If so, cool!). And bugs are always so frequently modified and customized that it I assumed it eventually gets impossible to tell what color a car was when it came from the factory.

Today we were ripping out the clearly aftermarket upholstery and looking for clues. It's tough because the repaint was clearly a good and thorough one. But then I noticed the handbrake lever was weirdly out-of-place green.

And the panels on the back seats that the heels of your feet kick were green. And the steering column was green.

There's only one color of bug from '63 that came with a green handbrake. Beryl Green.

Must... resist... spending lots of money to bring it back... to green....
Landsverk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Beryl green frustration Reply with quote

One thing I wonder about is the rear kick panels under the back seat 1961. Which colour? Matched to other? No hole I assume? Does anyone have some pics? I have to manufacture something here and need some guidence, thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IN2VWS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Beryl green frustration Reply with quote

Landsverk wrote:
One thing I wonder about is the rear kick panels under the back seat 1961. Which colour? Matched to other? No hole I assume? Does anyone have some pics? I have to manufacture something here and need some guidence, thanks.

Olive
⨴⨵--⊗--⨴⨵ 𝕊ℙ𝟚¹⁹⁷³
𝟵_𝟭_𝟰¹⁹⁷³
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
maggiolino91
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Beryl green frustration Reply with quote

Hi guys!
Let me introduce you my 04/1961 Italian beryl!

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Beryl green frustration Reply with quote

maggiolino91 wrote:
Hi guys!

Super nice! Wink
IN2VWS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Beryl green frustration Reply with quote

maggiolino91 wrote:
Hi guys!

bellissimo
⨴⨵--⊗--⨴⨵ 𝕊ℙ𝟚¹⁹⁷³
𝟵_𝟭_𝟰¹⁹⁷³
pastellgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Beryl green frustration Reply with quote

Stunning! I'm the only one thinking this car deserves an own thread?
maggiolino91
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Beryl green frustration Reply with quote

Thank you all guys! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
fassed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Beryl green frustration Reply with quote

maggiolino91 wrote:
Hi guys!

Very nice! Do you have pictures of the interior?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: