Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your Bug Today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 325, 326, 327 ... 447, 448, 449  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Took the cover off and got it ready for it's first ride of the season.

Everything worked, it was like I drove it yesterday.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

drove the crap out of it again as I do about 5 days a week usualy 51 weeks a year. I think it likes it more than I do. I do keep it covered at night....with moon light or rain.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

put some new titanium lash adjuster nuts on.(after I lightened them some more. Wink )
New2me69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjenner wrote:
thought about working on it
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Wow. I dig that a lot!
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

if thinking about working on it counts.....than Im always working on it...or the other one...or 2
madworks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

It was Friday but I reassembled the rear brakes, painted the quarter window area and reinstalled one of the rear popouts. Still needs a fair bit of work to get back on the road but it's getting closer.
Madworks 1980 Vanagon Westy
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=672496&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gerb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Adjusted the front brakes and installed a pair of Sylvania SilverStar headlights to replace the mismatched lights I had.
'64 Ruby Red Deluxe Beetle
LucKaS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Installed some original vw rear quarter pop outs I scored not long ago.

New2me69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Tore all the tin work and manifold out for some nice cleanup and tuning. Hopefully complete in 2 - 3 days. I want to drive!

madworks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

LucKaS wrote:
Installed some original vw rear quarter pop outs I scored not long ago.

Looks like you're missing the pinch welt.
https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113847131ABK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LucKaS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Yea, the ones that came with the windows were a few inches too short, so I ordered some new ones last night.
Laguna1116
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Cruised to Julian for some pie and a pic nic with Air Cooled Anarchy. Sputtered on the way home so I changed the fuel filter.
Replaced the wiper motor, now they are working.
1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible - Work in Progress
madworks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Today I installed the passenger side rear pop-out. In the past days I've been replacing the seals and cleaning and painting the body where the pinch welt installs. Everything cleaned up well and all new seals for the pop-outs. Stoked! Next window project is the windshield... that should be interesting.
jfly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I made a replacement cover for the upright portion of the back seat last night. Came out okay. I need to get longer screws to hold it on (I only had 1/2" and need at least 3/4"). I used cheap press board and covered it with a polyester/PVC material I got at wally world.

Like I said, not perfect, but it looks better than bare seat-innards! The duct tape is temporary to hold the fabric down while the glue dries. Although, I might just end up leaving it.

Now if only I would get my bug out of the shop so I can install it...

SOLD:
1968 VW Beetle, Daily Driver, #68flybug

Photos: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=jfly
jfly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I made a replacement cover for the upright portion of the back seat last night. Came out okay. I need to get longer screws to hold it on (I only had 1/2" and need at least 3/4"). I used cheap press board and covered it with a polyester/PVC material I got at wally world.

Like I said, not perfect, but it looks better than bare seat-innards! The duct tape is temporary to hold the fabric down while the glue dries. Although, I might just end up leaving it.

Now if only I would get my bug out of the shop so I can install it...

SOLD:

peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Got my bug titled with Historic plates in MD. Had NY plates on it until today. Gonna drive it tonight to see what else needs to be fixed, but after spending a decent chunk of change with a local mechanic, I'm hoping nothing is needed!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OldBug68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Made an under dash parcel tray, installed an old Scat shifter just to see what it was like, opened the radio opening in the dash for a modern CD player

bobinphx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I did a full rear suspension r+r on my 69. New emergency cable, new rubber brake line, new pads, wheel cyl, springs and shoes. New bearings in the trailing arms, new cv boots, new torsion bar rubber, reset ride height, new trailing arm bushings. Even scrapped off the 40+ year old undercoating in the wheel wells.
Next weekend, the passenger side!
jfly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Dropped my first engine ever out of my donor car. Took two hours and eight ibuprofen!

SOLD:

boom10ful
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Finally fixed the high temperature problem. No matter what I did with the timing, replaced the main jet, replaced the engine compartment seals, changed to a thicker oil, checked the tins, etc it kept climbing to 220F in the city.

I finally realized that there wasn't enough air flow through the stock vents under the rear window and propped open the deck lid with a tennis ball Cool. Now my temps are at 200F-210F after a good run in the city! The tennis ball trick will have to do until the deck lid standoffs arrive in the mail.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 325, 326, 327 ... 447, 448, 449  Next
Jump to:
Page 326 of 449

Jump to: