Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your Bug Today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 434, 435, 436 ... 447, 448, 449  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I have a Regular size tennis ball for normal weather then today I picked up this one for Heat emergency conditions. ... Can never be too careful.

Mike T
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
mikeonthebike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

BIGMIKEY wrote:
I have a Regular size tennis ball for normal weather then today I picked up this one for Heat emergency conditions. ... Can never be too careful.

Mike T

Where did you get the oversized tennis ball? I live in Sacramento and could use one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

mikeonthebike wrote:
BIGMIKEY wrote:

Mike T

Where did you get the oversized tennis ball? I live in Sacramento and could use one.

Tractor Supply Company. It's a Dog toy.... more of a joke really. But I see there is a TSC in Dixon, CA so there ya go.

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
BCE56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

BCE56 wrote:

On to the next fiasco!
Which will be window scrapers, glass run channels, vent wing seals, risers, check rod bushings etc.
I will see if old lock cylinders can be swapped into the new black door handles.

But first, new coupler and shift rod bushing.

Coupler and two-piece shift rod bushing installed.

Door lock cylinders swapped. Very Happy
New handles installed, w/ new gaskets.

'86 Syncro tintop
EJ22, OBD II early SC adapter plate conversion

Side project: '69 Frankenbug "It's alive!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I pushed it out of the garage to wait for the rollback to take it to my friend Pats old shop. iIt seemed like it was going to be a lot easier having it on a lift, Pulled the tank and ordered a new one and blew some awful stuff out of the line.

irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

whoops

Last edited by irvanm on Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

whoops

Last edited by irvanm on Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

whoops
Scat Adams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Removed the original running boards to work on some rust prevention and paint touch up. After cleaning the channel, I used a color matched spray can to cover up the minor rust spots along with a buffer to remove the paint discoloration from where the running boards mount. Ordering new black running boards and some other goodies now, should have them on next week.

Cheers,
radstude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Scat Adams wrote:
Removed the original running boards to work on some rust prevention and paint touch up. After cleaning the channel, I used a color matched spray can to cover up the minor rust spots along with a buffer to remove the paint discoloration from where the running boards mount. Ordering new black running boards and some other goodies now, should have them on next week.

Cheers,

Cleaned up nicely!
2002 VW Mexican Bug 1600i
irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Am still in process of awakening it from 10 year storage by previous owners and painted rims since off while doing brake system.
radstude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

irvanm wrote:
Am still in process of awakening it from 10 year storage by previous owners and painted rims since off while doing brake system.

That will make a big difference!
2002 VW Mexican Bug 1600i
BCE56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

More progress in the last two weeks than in the previous 6 months!

Front disc brake kit, dust covers, stock height spindles, master cylinder, pressure switches, ball joints etc installed by my suspension guy.
(Poorly machined CIP discs required facing...)
New rear wheel cylinders and brake job, brake hoses all around. Front end aligned.

Stance looks a bit high at the rear- correction will be deferred until new tires are installed.

Have not test-driven yet but will report soon.
Still working on door cards, internals, window scrapers etc.

'86 Syncro tintop
EJ22, OBD II early SC adapter plate conversion

Side project: '69 Frankenbug "It's alive!"
cletus_zuber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Replaced my 12+ year old fuel filter, it plugged up in the driveway.
It was on there when I got the car. PO had 3 filters on it. plastic one by the carb, one of those glass ones by the tranny and a metal one up under the tank.
I had got rid of the plastic one pretty quick, replaced the glass one at some point with a plastic one and never messed with the metal one until today.
Replaced it with a plastic one.
Now I can check it for dirt every 5 years or so...
Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I installed my spare Air Flow Meter #2 and road tested it today (1979 FI engine). While under load at 40 to 50 mph, the air fuel ratio was 12.5% to 14.0%. I want the ratio to stay below 13.5% - but it's not far off target.

At low speed, idle, and when I took my foot off the pedal - the air fuel ratio jumped to 14.5% - 17%. I don't want to run that lean. I suspect the air bypass in the AFM needs adjustment.

Crank case temperature was good.

Gr0unded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Lost69Convertible wrote:
I installed my spare Air Flow Meter #2 and road tested it today (1979 FI engine). While under load at 40 to 50 mph, the air fuel ratio was 12.5% to 14.0%. I want the ratio to stay below 13.5% - but it's not far off target.

At low speed, idle, and when I took my foot off the pedal - the air fuel ratio jumped to 14.5% - 17%. I don't want to run that lean. I suspect the air bypass in the AFM needs adjustment.

Keep up the great work checking the AFR. Wish we lived closer to together, would love to do the same on my '76 FI to ensure AFR is in check.

Stop Dead Photo Links! Post your VW photos to the Samba Gallery!
irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I bought some new seat belts and installed them, not sure why they had been removed but feel better having them.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I drove my 1970 sedan almost 50 miles today, in to "town" (Prescott) to buy some paint at Home Depot. First I aired up the tires to specifications, and then I filled the gas tank on the way. On the way back I stopped to get a 5-gallon propane cylinder filled.

Anyway, my driver door is loose and rattles, so maybe someone wants to take a look at the thread I started for that https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9939889#9939889
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
bandi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Scat Adams wrote:

Cheers,

Nice Love Bug!!
'60 Canadian Standard, '64 Bug, another '64 Bug, '66 Bug, '69 Sunroof Bug, '69 GT3 Bug, '71 Super, '72 Super, '73 Canadian Custom, '74 Love Bug, '83 Mexi Bug, '85 Cabrio, '94 Mexi Bug, '99 New Beetle, '02 New Beetle Turbo S, '03 New Beetle VR6. And some Fieros.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bandi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Scat Adams wrote:

Cheers,

Nice Love Bug!!
'60 Canadian Standard, '64 Bug, another '64 Bug, '66 Bug, '69 Sunroof Bug, '69 GT3 Bug, '71 Super, '72 Super, '73 Canadian Custom, '74 Love Bug, '83 Mexi Bug, '85 Cabrio, '94 Mexi Bug, '99 New Beetle, '02 New Beetle Turbo S, '03 New Beetle VR6. And some Fieros.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 434, 435, 436 ... 447, 448, 449  Next
Jump to:
Page 435 of 449

Jump to: