Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your Bug Today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 436, 437, 438 ... 447, 448, 449  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
plastikman187
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Got the WW filler neck replacement parts (had lots of gas smell in the car)
https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=133201000

Here is the old junk ripped out

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

All installed should be no more gas smell, especially when the tank is full!
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I made a removable deck lid for my turbo. Turbo missing in this pic.

https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:

So Badass
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
Gr0unded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

plastikman187 wrote:
Got the WW filler neck replacement parts (had lots of gas smell in the car)
https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=133201000

Here is the old junk ripped out

All installed should be no more gas smell, especially when the tank is full!

Isn't it nice to have gas free smell? I chased the gas smell in my car for almost two years before a combination of things did the trick.

My son and I replaced the shifter bushing and coupling in hopes to eliminate the 3rd/4th gear rattle.

The bushing used is a 2 piece type from kaefertuer, nice construction and not hard to install as it came with very good instructions.

Even easier was the shift coupler replacement from WW. However, the new WW coupler cage would not fit onto the shaft, so I re-used the old cage with new rubber inserts/hardware and all is well.

Have not road tested it yet, hopefully tomorrow.

Stop Dead Photo Links! Post your VW photos to the Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chasbro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

getting back into it. started putting new seals in the engine compartment of my 1972 standard. still trying to figure out this again. I need to figure out how to send pictures from my cell phone. Working on cars is my forte. cell phones and computers I am a 71 year old rookie.
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

chasbro wrote:
I need to figure out how to send pictures from my cell phone. Working on cars is my forte. cell phones and computers I am a 71 year old rookie.

Do you have a computer as well as a cell phone? In my case, I can access the pictures from my phone on my computer, much easier to upload them from the computer.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

vamram wrote:
chasbro wrote:
I need to figure out how to send pictures from my cell phone. Working on cars is my forte. cell phones and computers I am a 71 year old rookie.

Do you have a computer as well as a cell phone? In my case, I can access the pictures from my phone on my computer, much easier to upload them from the computer.

Use the “Gallery” drop down menu on the top bar of the samba. Click on “add photo”. Fill in some blanks and then click on the bottom of the page is “choose file”. When you click on it, you can access your photo library in your phone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I installed a boost controller. Making 10-11 pounds of boost. And it moves! I was make 5 pounds, before the controller.

Gr0unded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

The passenger side window stopped working correctly last weekend after fixing the shifter rattle. Fix one thing, something else breaks.

My son was riding with me and rolled the window on our ride. He tried to roll it back up, it would not. Since the window would not roll all the way up, took the door panel off and carefully cranked and pushed up on the window from inside the door to the closed position. It'll stay that way until a new or replacement regulator becomes available, at least I can drive in the rain now Smile

runscx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I installed the new auto cancel turn signal switch. It came out easy but was a pain the ass putting the new one in.
plastikman187
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:
I installed a boost controller. Making 10-11 pounds of boost. And it moves! I was make 5 pounds, before the controller.

This is awesome!
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Thanks!
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Made some progress on my '74's rebuild, and replaced the front shocks on a friend's '70 convertible.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:

John,
Even though we can't see it in this pic.

Have you relocated your O2 sensor from the waste gate pipe to the turbo exhaust outlet?
That is why John and the other member were a little cagey on what was wrong with your AFR setup. I saw it too. But thought that you would understand the issue too.

The O2 sensor should be at least 6" away from the turbo in a straight section of the exhaust.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Gr0unded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I finally put the back seat back in today so my son could ride with me and my wife. The back seat had been out since I replaced the shift coupler bushings.

Jimbug57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

My brakes lights went out. I'm making a couple of wiring harnesses - the old switches and wiring were rotted. I soldered the new wire to spade connectors and hot glued them inside the plug. One down, one to go. Should be all good after I crawl under the car.

NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
NJ John wrote:

John,
Even though we can't see it in this pic.

Have you relocated your O2 sensor from the waste gate pipe to the turbo exhaust outlet?
That is why John and the other member were a little cagey on what was wrong with your AFR setup. I saw it too. But thought that you would understand the issue too.

The O2 sensor should be at least 6" away from the turbo in a straight section of the exhaust.

In the process of moving the sensor. Probably after Christmas.
irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

My stuff I do is never as good as what you guys do, I kept wondering why my washer bottle wouldn't stay put and i finally figured out that there was a reason for the slots where it goes through the wheel holes. I looked it up on the internet and saw they were supposed to have a pin in them so I got a couple of large zip ties and cut them off and then tapered them so they would go through.
irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

My stuff I do is never as good as what you guys do, I kept wondering why my washer bottle wouldn't stay put and i finally figured out that there was a reason for the slots where it goes through the wheel holes. I looked it up on the internet and saw they were supposed to have a pin in them so I got a couple of large zip ties and cut them off and then tapered them so they would go through.
irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 436, 437, 438 ... 447, 448, 449  Next
Jump to:
Page 437 of 449

Jump to: