Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hoovler Volkswagen Repair
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobWeidman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

Hoovler Volkswagen Repair
795 Mercer Rd. (Rt. 58 )
Greenville, PA 16125
(724) 588-4022
khoovler@infonline.net

Tom is the owner of this one-man shop specializing in air-cooled VW repairs. He is also rumored to have a lot of used stock.

I have not had him work on my bus yet, primarily because he's considerably back-logged at the moment. Perhaps that's testament to his workmanship.

I can say that after speaking with him, he seems to be a genuinely nice guy. If anyone else has any feedback on this place, I'd love to hear it.
Low Bräu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

I just received a pair of Vanagon (short-side) automatic axles from Hoovler VW repair (khoovler@windstream.net). The price was more than fair. They arrived a few days after I paid cleaned and boxed-up well. Smooth transaction, just as described, shipped fast. Good seller!

Thanks
Josh
(321) 449-4665

Specializing in repair and maintenance for Porsche, BMW, Mini, Audi, and Volkswagen.

1952 Standard Beetle
1960 SO-23 Westfalia
1961 L-380 Turkis Deluxe Beetle
1985 Vanagon Country Homes Camper (work in progress - EG33 swap)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
risk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

Just bought a steering wheel from Hoovler. Great to deal with and fast shipping. I would recommend for sure.

Thanks!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dogsled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

Bought some armrest channels from Hoovler. They were in excellent shape and arrived safely & quickly. Thanks!
diablosandwich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

Tom answered a WTB ad I had for a 1300 head. He had great communication, fair price, and fast shipping. I had the head at my house less than a week after I placed ad. Perfect deal.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

I placed a want ad. Tom answered and had the part to me in record time..
One of the the easiest transactions I've had through TheSamba..

Thank you Tom..
Hope to do business again someday.

Ken
Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

Bought a set of NOS coco mats from Tom and could not be happier. Tom was quick to reply & to ship them to me.

thanks again Tom!

-Lucas
1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
otahuhu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

I purchased a boxed set of nos lowlight 1/4 window glass from Tom a while back, it was a smooth and swift transaction, the glass was expertly packaged and made it to NZ no problems. Thanks again Tom/Kenda, the sale was much-appreciated, my apologies for not posting feedback sooner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fifty-Eight Rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

Just bought a cylinder and piston from them. Packaged safely and arrived quickly.

Would purchase from them again.

1956 Oval build thread
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

1962 Single Cab Restoration
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7959298#7959298

1967 Beetle Restoration
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=495269&highlight=larrys
67ghiaTIV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

bought a used parcel tray. Very happy with it. Thanks
Suboval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

Purchase some relays from Tom. Everything was packaged well and promptly sent. I would gladly do business with him again.

There's two things we learn from history:
1.) History repeats itself.
2.) We don't learn from history.
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

Tom contacted me through a WTB ad that I had up for some Bay window seat belt mount brackets. Everything went smoothly, he sent me a picture of the brackets, and gave me a solid price with shipping. They arrived in better than expected condition. I would definitely purchase parts from Tom again! Thanks!!

Scott
Mr.Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

Ordered a part, quick email replies and fast shipping A++++

Red 1971 Squareback Thread
Red 1966 Beetle Thread
---------------------------------------------------
1971 Green Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Ghia (sold)
1971 Blue Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Java Green Std Beetle (sold)
1971 Red Squareback (sold)
1966 Red Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TonyPgh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

Just purchased a sunroof for a 73 Super which is HARD to find. Tom was more than reasonable on the price! Shipping was very cheap! And super fast shipping!!
Item was in very good condition! Better than described! Why can’t all purchases be this way!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Classifieds Feedback
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

Tom keep the vintage parts coming. Just what I needed, Great purchase, good communication, prompt shipping. An asset to the VW community. Would purchase from again.
Thank You, Greg S.
Typ3nut
rustyfastback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

Just got some NOS type 3 parts from Tom. Great deal on the parts. Shipped super fast & packed well. I would recommend any day. Thanks for the great NOS parts!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
westyman71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

A little about Tom Hoovler.

Last week I posted a Wanted To Buy ad for some lower engine tin for my 1973 Westy (1700 engine). I have been looking for some for a while, without any luck.

Tom responded quickly, had the items I needed, in great condition, VERY inexpensively. I paid Saturday, he mailed on Monday. I got them on Wednesday. Doesnt overcharge for shipping. As a matter of fact, shipping cost him $1 more than he charged me.

This guy does it right. Fast communication, great prices, prompt shipping.

What more could you want?

Thank you so much.
volkz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

Tom is a great guy to do business with fast communication and quick shipment out. thanks
bugpartslou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

Tom responded to a wanted ad and I just got around to installing the seat belts purchased from Tom.....great price and Tom including all the hardware made it easy! Thanks! Now if I could just find the one plastic buckle cover 111 857 719C I'd be done!
pondoras box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Hoovler Volkswagen Repair Reply with quote

I have purchased several items from Tom the last few years. Every time the parts are in excellent condition and his prices are very fair, he still does business like back in the day, good parts, good prices and very knowledgeable. He is up front and honest about the condition of his parts. We are lucky to have him here in the north east.

Just bought a set of seats that I had posted a wanted add for. These seats are so nice it's almost a crime to have them redone to match the rears.

Thanks Tom hope to buy more from you in the future.

1961 23 Window (Bobo)
1965 11 Window (Zelda)
1965 13 Window (Lucas)
1957 Oval ragtop
1988 Cabriolet VR6 conversion
Plus a lot of other rusty junk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: