Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

radiophil - [email protected] - Phil
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: radiophil
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 07, 2021
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He bought a radio from me, everything went great.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobmac57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a beautiful radio from Phil. Great communication during the process, quickly shipped and carefully packed. I will look forward to working with Phil again. Thank you!!
vertinprogress
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a radio from Phil today and he was very helpful...he lived right up the street from me so he let me listen to the radio before I bought it...he informed me on differences on some of the radios...great guy, and great work...would not hesitate on buying from him again.

mike
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great dealer, good prices on the steering wheel covers,and fast shipping.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put up a want to buy ad for some type 3 radio brackets last Thursday morning, they we delivered yesterday (Monday) afternoon. Thanks!
vwbeck3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Phillip did a great job Reply with quote

Sent Phillip my Bendix AM/FM radio for repair.
He did a great job on getting it working and even converted it to 12 volts as I asked him.
Very fast turn a round and very fair pricing.
Send your non working radio to Phillip with confidence.
usmc1345
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: radiophil - [email protected] - Phil Reply with quote

I contacted Phil about a radio I did not see listed on his adds. Turned out he did have one but it needed to be rebuilt etc. So he rebuilt one and converted it to 12 v for me. It arrived well packed and as pretty as I had imagined. Was very pleased with how well everything went. I would definitely purchase from him again.
crzo68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: radiophil - [email protected] - Phil Reply with quote

Very happy with radio Thank You !!!
TRparts Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: radiophil - [email protected] - Phil Reply with quote

outstanding, honest guy I been dealing with him for a while, recommend to other samba members
type1vwjapan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: radiophil - [email protected] - Phil Reply with quote

I just wanted to drop a note that he's a very knowledgeable guy who runs a more than honest business with VERY fair pricing. He only charged me $25 to ship all the way to Japan! He also serviced and shipped my radio(s) extremely fast. He even went through extra measures to order some extra parts it needed for the 12V conversion I requested. Everything arrived much earlier than I'd expected and was packed very well.

Unfortunately, I ran into lots of issues with my first radio. The backing plate and mounting bracket didn't match the radio and wouldn't mount in my car even when I eventually seeked professional help.Then when we finally got it installed, the volume was so low that you could barely hear it. Confused We tried everything we could think of to get the radio to come in louder. It even made some terrifying cracking and popping sound from the back of the radio after it stayed on for a bit. Shocked Shocked The radio clearly wasn't functioning like it should have. It looked pretty, but was not in good condition like the add claimed it was.

Now, call me OCD, but I kept finding tons of things wrong with the radio. The radio fuse was severely corroded and the wire came off when I barely moved it to try and hook it up, the speaker wires came loose from where they were soldered to the terminals on the power amp, and there was something even loose rattiling around inside the amp for the radio. Shocked Now, I know this is what you can get into when dealing with old radios, but I was still heaveily dissapointed since I paid good money for a radio I thought was in much better condition and worked. I felt that this was all just the tip of the iceberg, as I could only imagine how the internals must have looked.

However, Phil stayed in touch with me throughout the entire process. He even offered some suggestions and was more than patient with me. We eventually agreed on me exchanging this radio for another one that fit into my car effortlessly after just about an hour tops.

I'm very happy with my Sapphire 1 Bendix radio now. This one appears to be in much better mechanical condition, as the volume comes in nice, loud, and clear and hasn't made any noises yet after almost a week of having it in my car. He even converted it to 12v for me and tuned it again before shipping it out.

The only thing I can suggest for improvement is more attention to details, but he already admitted that this was one area he could improve upon. I'm not meaning to complain about anything, was just wanting to give an honest first hand account with RadioPhil.

Keep up the good work, Phil!
mikenoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: radiophil - [email protected] - Phil Reply with quote

A+++ seller and fast shipper also pack the radio very well for shipment I'm very happy it looks awesome thank you Phil

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Classifieds Feedback
yellowbug4u
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: radiophil - [email protected] - Phil Reply with quote

Just wanted to thank you for such a smooth transaction, radio looks really good, your communication and shipping were both excellent, and I am looking forward to dealing with you again. Keep up the good work.
Otan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: radiophil - [email protected] - Phil Reply with quote

Excellent seller

I got a vintage item from Phil and everything went smooth.
Quick shipping and good communication.

Thanks

Otan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: radiophil - [email protected] - Phil Reply with quote

Leaving some feedback for Phil finally, after my SECOND smooth transaction with him. A couple years ago I bought a Sapphire XIX AM/FM radio from him. I got it all installed and it worked great, except that you could only tune in to about the 105.7 position on the FM dial. I chalked it up to being an old radio and lived with it until recently when the radio died on me. I sent Phil an email about getting a different radio that has the old style AUX connection you can hook an ipod into. He was very quick to respond and offered me some consolations for the troubles with my old radio even though I clearly stated I wasn't complaining or asking for anything, just that I wanted to get a new radio and send the old one back for him to look at and repair for labor costs. (his prices are VERY fair for the units he offers). We went ahead with the new radio purchase, and he even sent me his phone number since I wasn't "getting" how the AUX function worked. We talked on the phone and he explained everything to me clearly. Got the radio (in 2 days coast to coast!) and there were some bumps in the road during the installation and testing of it, but I got it in and working great, and shared the findings from my experiments with Phil, who appreciated the feedback. Oh and once I got my old radio out I was able to fix that too, and it was something easy that was totally not the fault of Phil. Mostly wear and tear and other things behind the dash I had been replacing since I installed it. Now I have a spare radio for when the garbage 90s one in my bus dies.
Bottom line, Phil is an honest seller with fair prices and he wants his customers to be happy. Folks should remember they are dealing with very old electronic equipment that was likely pulled from a junk pile, things might not always be plug and play. If you are reasonable and keep communications open with Phil you will no doubt be happy with the results! I am loving listening to my Ipod on an old 70s stereo on my commute every day.
Thanks Phil...

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
vwcollective
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: radiophil - [email protected] - Phil Reply with quote

Had a great interaction with Phil. He was quick to reply, answered my questions and I got my radio quick. Great to work with.
keola96
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: radiophil - [email protected] - Phil Reply with quote

Phil is great! Bought an original Sapphire V radio from him. He was fast to reply, fast to ship it, and the radio was exactly as pictured and described. Works great! Thanks, Phil! I'll have to add a photo of the radio now installed in my bus. Love it!
keola96
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: radiophil - [email protected] - Phil Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: radiophil - [email protected] - Phil Reply with quote

I saw that Phil sells a number of radios, so I asked if he had a hard to find Sapphire VIII - and, much to my happiness, he said he did, for a good price. Although it took a couple of weeks of additional work to bring it up to snuff, I received it and it was packaged well. I have not had an opportunity to test it, but, based on my discussions, I'm sure if there is a problem, Phil will make it right. Thanks, Phil!
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: