Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Inland Valley Volksfest - October 8, 2016 - Upland, CA
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Garretson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Inland Valley Volksfest - October 8, 2016 - Upland, CA Reply with quote

Inland Valley Volkswagens Presents the 14th Annual Oktober Volksfest

Gates Open at 8:00 a.m.
$10 for Show Cars
$25 for Swap spaces 20’ x 20’
Free for Spectators
LOTS of room to really show off your VW
Car Show with People’s Choice Awards
Plenty of club parking
Raffles for Awesome Prizes and 50/50
Slow Drags with prizes
Children’s Activities
Food, Music and Slow Drags
Dash Plaques for 1st 100 Participants
Open to ALL Volkswagens & Porsches
Maniac Mike’s Cafe onsite
Hot Dog Fred
Watch the planes land and take off
Bring your chairs and EZ-Up
Food drive - please bring canned food items to benefit local food banks
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

http://www.ivvw.org
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Inland Valley Volksfest - October 8, 2016 - Upland, CA Reply with quote

How big a show is this ?
Is it worth going 100 miles out of my way to attend ?
Is there a trophy for farthest driven or for largest yellow Penske truck ?
Is there a host hotel for anyone coming into the area the night before ?

Anyone have photos from last year ?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery
Rob Garretson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Inland Valley Volksfest - October 8, 2016 - Upland, CA Reply with quote

We usually have about 85 VW's at this show. It often depends on the weather and other events around this time. The weather looks to be good on the 8th and no other VW events that weekend in the area to my knowledge.

The awards are the Too 15 and best of show, all chosen by the registered participants. There is also a Best of Show and a Promoters Choice Award.

Is it worth the drive? I can't answer that for you but any day to drive a VW is a good day for me.
http://www.ivvw.org
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kinda Square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Inland Valley Volksfest - October 8, 2016 - Upland, CA Reply with quote

As for the question "is this show worth driving a hundred miles?", all depends. The quality of cars that show up are daily drivers to show cars that have been in Hot Vw's so lots to look at. IVVW hosts a great show, very friendly crowd with lots of raffle prizes. Ive been to this show about 3 times in the past and have always had a good time. JMO
overdue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Inland Valley Volksfest - October 8, 2016 - Upland, CA Reply with quote

sounds like a great time , hope to make it .
the only thing i wish you would reconsider it the judging part , when its participants judging the clubs get the most votes , heard that from many people , just my 2 cents
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Inland Valley Volksfest - October 8, 2016 - Upland, CA Reply with quote

I found two local get togethers on Friday evening ;Just Cruzin Krew in Ontario and German Rejects in Arletta . Does anyone have info on these .

I also found a show Sunday afternoon , H2o negative Meet and Greet in Long Beach

It looks like I will be driving up from San Diego for the weekend ; Thanks for the info And say HI to the " Old Guy " in the big yellow truck from St. Pete Florida .

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: