Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Taking your split bus off the beaten path...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 111, 112, 113  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Travis Woodard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

A little bit The air is way thin up there at 14k I was ready to get off that mountain.

59 mango

69 bay deluxe bay

66 beetle

Last edited by Travis Woodard on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

Did you get a donut?
Travis Woodard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

No donuts.

59 mango

69 bay deluxe bay

66 beetle
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
silkvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

Big Bend TX Bus trip Dec. 26 to 30.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Great trip this year. But lots of dust, last year we had snow and mud.
Our camping spot.

That blue spot is my single cab.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=641871&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Anvil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

New Year's Day adventure.

Travis Woodard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

That's a great photo!

59 mango

69 bay deluxe bay

66 beetle
plane_ben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

Had "cabin fever" real bad from the last two days of rain. Had to get out a do something today. So I took my bus up Redington Pass, East of Tucson this morning.

These were taken on the way back out at the top of the pass. Beautiful morning. Bus performed awesome. Water temp never got above 180 the whole way in(20 miles)while plugging along in 1st and 2nd gear. Subaru EJ25 conversion with belly radiator for those that haven't looked at my thread on this bus. Plenty of ground clearance. I puckered up a few times, but never scraped a thing.

Where I stopped for some shooting. Brought along a .22 cal. plinker and used up a box of fifty rounds.

First target pic is about 16 rounds, 13 in target, at 25yards standing. Second is first six rounds, sitting at 30yards. Not to shabby for not shooting anything in about three years.
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

Nice bus! I may try that area to take my recently acquired three wheeler on its maiden voyage. It's a perfect fit in a split bus with the seats out. Gotta make up a ramp, or buy one, first though. So you can shoot up there too?

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

That is a very clean 250sx.
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

Purchased from a fellow TheSamba.com poster that happened across the "what kind of atv will fit inside a split" thread I posted.
plane_ben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

^^^Thanks AS350driver. I heard some people shooting where I stopped. Went and asked them about shooting. They said as long as you are past mile post nine, it is legal.

Nice ankle breaker you have there. I say that because as a motorcycle rider, I could never learn to keep my feet up riding a three wheeler. Very Happy
turbo_g
Father of Samba Cookie Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

plane_ben wrote:

Nice ankle breaker you have there. I say that because as a motorcycle rider, I could never learn to keep my feet up riding a three wheeler. Very Happy

I actually broke my ankle on a 250 ATC back in the 80's. I rode motocross for years as a kid, then the ATC craze hit...hard to give up old habits...
SV2s Member #425
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

Apparently someone didn't like the pics of the 250SX. Seems to have been removed.
plane_ben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

^^^That's weird.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

AS350driver wrote:
Apparently someone didn't like the pics of the 250SX. Seems to have been removed.

If they were posted in the samba gallery, they are not allowed there. VW pics only. You have to host non-VW pics elsewhere.
Travis Woodard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

I had lots of fun on a 250 as a kid long live the 3 wheeler!

59 mango

69 bay deluxe bay

66 beetle
64 ragtop volks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

did a little offroading outside of lake havasu before hitting up bbb.
Travis Woodard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

59 mango

69 bay deluxe bay

66 beetle
Willeye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

So that must be why were going slow on the way out of the woods. Trying to get a pic without my dust Wink
Travis Woodard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Taking your split bus off the beaten path... Reply with quote

You know that's right I hate dust especially in my bus.

59 mango

69 bay deluxe bay

66 beetle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 111, 112, 113  Next
Jump to:
Page 107 of 113

Jump to: