Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 402, 403, 404 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Alan Brase wrote:
GfunkBus76 wrote:
Wow there are a heap of Go Fund Me pages for VW busses....

Crazy

https://www.gofundme.com/mvc.php?route=category&term=Vw%20bus

What a bunch of bullshit artists. Maybe 10% are viable. Go fund me makes it difficult to look at all of them. Makes you start at the front of the queue every time. I do sometimes feel generous.
Oh well.
Al

Oh, look! Just as I suspected! Bus beggar boy Ben got his start there & got $3,100 of his $3,000 goal.

https://www.gofundme.com/StuckInTheMiddleOfNowhere

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Alan Brase wrote:
GfunkBus76 wrote:
Wow there are a heap of Go Fund Me pages for VW busses....

Crazy

https://www.gofundme.com/mvc.php?route=category&term=Vw%20bus

What a bunch of bullshit artists. Maybe 10% are viable. Go fund me makes it difficult to look at all of them. Makes you start at the front of the queue every time. I do sometimes feel generous.
Oh well.
Al

Oh, look! Just as I suspected! Bus beggar boy Ben got his start there & got $3,100 of his $3,000 goal.

https://www.gofundme.com/StuckInTheMiddleOfNowhere

Well, that is all really old news, but I never looked at his GOFUNDME appeal before. GAWD! How could somebody mess up 7 motors?
Good new is, he's now going by boat. Maybe by pimping off a girl in a bikini anybody can generate a bit of generosity. Many boat blogs do just that. I've looked at a few, but mostly just to learn vicariously about sailing, until I actually buy a boat. (Plus, I live in the Midwest- long way from blue water.)
Al (BTW, please send me money for a boat.) Just kidding. Ill sell my $300 Westy and buy one!
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

what a tool. I can't fucking believe people are that stupid....well yes, I can. seems that the samba has become the soup kitchen for these guys and go fund me is financing them....just sad. I could get behind a good cause but just wandering around isn't one of them. whatever...a fool and his money are easily parted....

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Hard work and dedication. Overcoming the odds. Earning what you have by the sweat of your brow. Dont mean shit anymore. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Think Im going to start a gofundme to collect and pay for all the comedians here on the Samba. All these little sweethearts that get dropped form time to time should be worth some money.

Skilz - need a pimp Shocked Oh sorry, Ill use a more PC term, "Agent" Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I just wanted to say all of you have offended my delicate sensibilities and I'm going to set up a new GoFundMe with the sole purpose of fully funding the other 151 current VW Bus ones

I hope it works! Razz
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I just wanted to say all of you have offended my delicate sensibilities and I'm going to set up a new GoFundMe with the sole purpose of fully funding the other 151 current VW Bus ones

I hope it works! Razz

Keep us posted on that.
I really do need a sailboat.
Al
Vanagons:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

I hope it works! Razz

Laughing thanks. I really need to learn to not drink and read as every once in a while I get beer out the nose

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

I hope it works! Razz

Just to ease your pains, I pledge to donate my bus to one of the unfortunate busless beggars as soon as you have transferred yours to me. Razz

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
EverettB wrote:

I hope it works! Razz

Laughing thanks. I really need to learn to not drink and read as every once in a while I get beer out the nose

Much nicer than with distilled spirits. ONLY THEN you can say you suffer for your fellows.
Al
Vanagons:
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Is he trying to charge for the labor he put in to cut it tonothing & a daily storage fee while he its been in his garage?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2070436

skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Is he trying to charge for the labor he put in to cut it tonothing & a daily storage fee while he its been in his garage?

how about I sell you my 71...running/driving with hoops and canvas for 20K

that dude is out of his mind....

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Everett
I am proud of the Star, that is next to my user name!
Thanks Guys
Tcash
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Alan Brase wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:
Clara wrote:

How can you tell from here if the bus was made in 1967 not 68?

One way that you can tell that it's an early production 1968 is in the picture of the engine bay. You can see the gas tank & retainer strap, later 1968s had the divider panel/firewall.

M-plate decoder will tell the DAY of build. But a quick check of the VIN will give you some idea. Usually built about 300,000 per year. that's 25k/ month. August was not a full month, but even counting serially by 25k's gives a basic idea. 2 or 3 zeros, in position 6,5,4 from the right will get an early car.
For instance, I have an 80 Vanagon Westy, built JULY 1979, VIN 008223. It is the 3rd oldest KNOWN Vanagon Westy in the US. Until more pop up. Not all that low a number, but maybe the first ones did not head to the Camperworx immediately?
A registry would be good.
Al

I don't think the ad listed the VIN or a pic of the M-code plate.
I didn't know about the firewall hiding the gas tank being added part way through 68 model year. Thanks for the info. Smile
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:

here we go. just posted.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2070802

and it has a nose Laughing

so, 16K will get you a nice driver single

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:

here we go. just posted.

Well, go on a Vacation to Europe, bring back this one 1976, maybe?
ebay.de item 172717182241
(sorry, I can't get the link to work)

A mixed bag, looks like never very rusty, it lived some part of its life in Greece, and still is, I think. But must have hauled some boulders. Look at that floor! Has the dusty conditions air cleaner; a tilt and hoops.
Better take a German friend to get it on the boat for you. About $2000 to ship to Baltimore, RORO. (more in a box)
BUT, HERE'S THE THING: 13,000 Euros and 61 bidders are not bidding, but watching. Non of them think it's worth a LOT more, I guess!
A pair of project one on Ebay located in Bosnia for 4000 Euros, one pretty rough and no gates.
Al
Vanagons:
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:

here we go. just posted.

Meh, still seems overpriced, I haven't seen yours but I'm sure that it's worth the extra $4,000.

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Two for one. The marigold one is a Westfalia wide bed Cool

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Volkswagen-VW-T2-Pritsche-2...SwwzhZR7oF

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Two for one. The marigold one is a Westfalia wide bed Cool

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Volkswagen-VW-T2-Pritsche-2...SwwzhZR7oF

nah, your ebay.de link doesn't work either.
Vanagons:
galencurrington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

i'm not really dogging on the bus they did a good job but it just seems crazy to pay that much for a bay window, and also it looks like it's part 69 and part 68. they even got the wrong middle seat in it.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2070189
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

galencurrington wrote:
i'm not really dogging on the bus they did a good job but it just seems crazy to pay that much for a bay window, and also it looks like it's part 69 and part 68. they even got the wrong middle seat in it.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2070189

It must be a later '68, it has the fuel tank firewall, that might explain the later middle bench. For HALF of that kind of $, I would expect it to have it's pedal pan & not so pitted valve covers.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 402, 403, 404 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 403 of 490

Jump to: