Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
surfbus23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Somehow thing this might be more than a few rust issues

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/westfalia/6358562643.html
Convoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

They should of used the same tactic from the inside and put a few blankets over the exterior rust spots. Very Happy
Just us buses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Ahh, just clean out the bird nests and pop rivet some tin on it
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

$3,350 for a tent?

Click on the bids... looks like schill bidder against idiot... or... schill bidder against somebody who just thinks it's funny to see how high the schill bidder will go. Laughing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Westfalia-Big-Top-tent-Vanagon-VW-camper-tent/202096572288?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
$3,350 for a tent?

Click on the bids... looks like schill bidder against idiot... or... schill bidder against somebody who just thinks it's funny to see how high the schill bidder will go. Laughing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Westfalia-Big-Top-tent-Vanagon-VW-camper-tent/202096572288?

I'm calling shill bidder against shill bidder since they both have 100% bidding with only this seller in the past 30 days
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
poptop tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
easy e wrote:
$3,350 for a tent?

I'm calling shill bidder against shill bidder since they both have 100% bidding with only this seller in the past 30 days

Up to $4,050 now. Must have gold plated zippers.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

poptop tom wrote:
EverettB wrote:
easy e wrote:
$3,350 for a tent?

Up to $4,050 now. Must have gold plated zippers.

Yeah this ain't right.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ewdb92
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Oh Joy, I'm so excited! For a tad less than $18k I can get a pre-dented bus Rolling Eyes

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2112174
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Well at least the seller seems to be honest with the description and has pics of the dents. Some sellers would not be so upfront, and it is OBO.
ewdb92
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
Well at least the seller seems to be honest with the description and has pics of the dents. Some sellers would not be so upfront, and it is OBO.

Agreed on the upfront part. Always good to see that.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

ewdb92 wrote:
babysnakes wrote:

Agreed on the upfront part. Always good to see that.

Agree as well. Sadly, the lowered aspect decreases its value. I don't see more than a $8k bus myself.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bills85Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Double cab.......sorta...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2113305

Sort of has that split window Binz look, but then again, not really. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Bills85Westy wrote:

I sold that bus to this guy. Doesn't look like he's done much other than inflate the price.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
surfbus23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

consvws wrote:
Bills85Westy wrote:

I sold that bus to this guy. Doesn't look like he's done much other than inflate the price.

Curious how much of an inflation?
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I actually messages that tent seller and asked about the tent, and what he thought about the bids. Perhaps I'll message him back to see if anyone paid up. That said, now there's another tent on eBay right now at $1,000 with a bid. Perhaps we're all about to get rich with these things Razz
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
A very, very understanding wife
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volksinthevalley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I priced it a little on the high side because everyone wants to negotiate. I definitely have some more money into it than what I bought it for though. I'll probably break even on this one at the price I think it will sell at.

I love the bus. Not for everyone though. Wish I could have kept it, but it's not in the cards right now.

consvws wrote:
Bills85Westy wrote:

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

FWIW, a lot of times in the past if something "sells" on eBay for a lot of money, the same item will show up the next week, often with no reserve price.

This is often a good time to get a deal on something because shocker, it doesn't go that high. You would think the 2nd highest bidder from the first auction would jack something up because they still want it but I don't think I have ever seen that happen.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
FWIW, a lot of times in the past if something "sells" on eBay for a lot of money, the same item will show up the next week, often with no reserve price.

This is often a good time to get a deal on something because shocker, it doesn't go that high. You would think the 2nd highest bidder from the first auction would jack something up because they still want it but I don't think I have ever seen that happen.

eBay is a shit show. Both in how its now managed and seeing shill bids like on this tent.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I have to say, in all my years of selling on eBay I've only had a buyer bail once or twice, and in both cases the 2nd highest bidder was interested. All in all it's been incredibly successful for me in the <gasp> 20 years I've been using it.
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
A very, very understanding wife
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

DougB wrote:
I have to say, in all my years of selling on eBay I've only had a buyer bail once or twice, and in both cases the 2nd highest bidder was interested. All in all it's been incredibly successful for me in the <gasp> 20 years I've been using it.

Its when a seller has someone else they know bid it up to make real perspective buyers pay more. If you want to sell it then you will sell it. If you dick around with legit bidders then you run the risk of it not selling.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 415 of 490

Jump to: