Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 436, 437, 438 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

outcaststudios wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2279692

hahaha yeah ok!

Yet another horrible ad. I expect 40k worth of description and pics. Rolling Eyes

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

outcaststudios wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2279692

hahaha yeah ok!

Hmmm....., it does look nice, but the engine room savagery might be an indication of other corners that were cut throughout the bus. It would likely cost that to build something similar, needs way more pics to justify a price like that though.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
fred g
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I have spent twenty hours this week re-manufacturing and struggling with shit aftermarket parts while instaling my exhaust & heater boxes complete with pre heat tube, flaps in the shroud, etc.

A special shout out goes to Kadron for the pathetic (stock T2) exhaust system and the shit heads who produced the OEM hardware kits where only the six crush gaskets and the two band clamps for the heater boxes fit. YOU SUCK!

Putting one of those together is tricky enough to do right with correct parts, you turned a challenging job into a misery.

Thank you for listening,

Fred

"Buy the ticket, take the ride." H.S Thompson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

yeah if by "fully reconditioned" you mean missing the rear engine compartment baffle, the entire air filter assembly and the exhaust system, no pop top, no curtains,no details about the brakes, or the electrical ,then...ok.
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2573791
Hikelite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I agree with Notchboy and Busdaddy...

If you want top dollar for your bus, you need to post a top tier ad. If I'm going to consider spending that kind of $$, I want about 10 times as many pictures. Rolling Eyes

I wish I/we could know how much these end up selling for. Cool

My 1968 Campmobile
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Hikelite wrote:
I agree with Notchboy and Busdaddy...

If you want top dollar for your bus, you need to post a top tier ad. If I'm going to consider spending that kind of $$, I want about 10 times as many pictures. Rolling Eyes

I wish I/we could know how much these end up selling for. Cool

So on sites like Bring your trailer and eBay you can search for ended auctions to see what bids got to and or what no reserve auctions actually went for. I look for things like that every once in a while just to see.

Most things sell for less than you think. Unique (and that is relative) things always fetch more. I've seen very common things that had detailed descriptions and great pictorial support sell for more than they are worth. Also, poorly described, mispeilled and very few pictured ads of rare and hard to find items go for a song.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AC Mack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2285453
Wow! $ 4000 .. I think that's ambitious. WTF
1966 Westfalia so42 Schiebedach fabrik 4864
1967 Model 231 EZ Kamper # 1940
1978 Westfalia P 31 / 1987 Westfalia Wolfram Grau
Split Bus Club / Lost Coast Bays / North Coast Vans
Long may that Split Bus run!
Always and Everywhere Volkswagen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Smushy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

AC Mack wrote:

Accidentally put an extra 0?
1973 Type2 Kombi
1977 Rabbit
1961 & 1964 Heilite Single Wheel
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Smushy wrote:
AC Mack wrote:

Accidentally put an extra 0?

Says he got it for a split and does not fit? Well yeah. Maybe the aftermath of a dodgy deal? Laughing

I was dumb enough to buy this for a high outrageous price as I thought it was for a split. Turns out its just cheap bay shit. Mad Embarassed Sad

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

“She” says she bought it for her deluxe split. Gonna let that one go. Easy grandslam.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/burlington-vw-bus-campers-westfalia-for/6895461493.html

At least he's up front about where he found them.
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cmonSTART wrote:
https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/burlington-vw-bus-campers-westfalia-for/6895461493.html

At least he's up front about where he found them.

I love how points out the engine that isn’t included...
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Look back to page 435. We were goofin onthese a couple months ago. Apparantely the ( soaring value) hasnt produced a fistful of dollars yet.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Wow, look at that!

I guess they're still available.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/encinitas-1979-vw-westy/6907436485.html

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/encinitas-1979-vw-westy/6907436485.html

Wadyathink it's worth?
It looks like a $8k bus to me...

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

By New England standards it's pretty dry, though I think there's a bit too much rust juuuust starting to justify his asking price.
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

yea. that's a lot of rust repair. prob every window. The real question is, does that center console/seat have a yellow pail??
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

Looks like it’ll have some great heat. Shocked
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Manfreds78bay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Does anyone know the bolt size of the exhaust tail pipe for a 1978.

Thanks!

1982 AMC Eagle SX4 4.2L FI
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 436, 437, 438 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 437 of 490

Jump to: