Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 444, 445, 446 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

YellowSplittie wrote:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157531008920295&id=74381535294

That last photo...

Which phot was it? It won't open up for me, but there are a ton of photos on the BaT listing. Sold for $31K!
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
YellowSplittie wrote:

That last photo...

Which phot was it? It won't open up for me, but there are a ton of photos on the BaT listing. Sold for $31K!

One of the engine bay with that big stovepipe feeding cabin air to the squirrel cage blower.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

YellowSplittie wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
YellowSplittie wrote:

That last photo...

One of the engine bay with that big stovepipe feeding cabin air to the squirrel cage blower.

Wow. WTF?
Angus II
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Hello,
Okie approved, DIY central-air...
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

My bus has that same vent on the engine deck. I thought it was a PO thing, but was it factory? I can't imagine what purpose it had..
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cmonSTART wrote:
My bus has that same vent on the engine deck. I thought it was a PO thing, but was it factory? I can't imagine what purpose it had..

it was a recirculating "feature" I guess you could say. some gas heater installs did that recirc feature "factory" where it would draw in preheated cabin air.

what is pictured is NOT factory, but someone's half assed attempt to duplicate that feature I suppose

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

FYI

BN4 factory intake.

BA6 factory intake.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Interesting. My bus came with a factory BA6 and has the recirc vent under the seat area. I wonder if someone tried something weird.. Either way I closed it up as cold air comes blasting in there when you're on the road.
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

thank god its almost 80 here in NH as ive been driving around with no heat. i will gladly take some global warming up here for now. when it cools off,(20’s), i will park it.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cmonSTART wrote:
Interesting. My bus came with a factory BA6 and has the recirc vent under the seat area. I wonder if someone tried something weird.. Either way I closed it up as cold air comes blasting in there when you're on the road.

If you have a stove pipe like the one pic'ed above - its clearly a PO hack. I thought you had your BA6 running?

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
thank god its almost 80 here in NH as ive been driving around with no heat. i will gladly take some global warming up here for now. when it cools off,(20’s), i will park it.

Brother for less than $200 you can roll that shit year round Cool Wink

https://www.amazon.com/Happybuy-Motorhome-Trailer-...9GDG6S3997

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
cmonSTART wrote:

If you have a stove pipe like the one pic'ed above - its clearly a PO hack. I thought you had your BA6 running?

I do - runs great. It's rigged as a stand alone heater.
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Jetfxr69 wrote:

Brother for less than $200 you can roll that shit year round Cool Wink

https://www.amazon.com/Happybuy-Motorhome-Trailer-...9GDG6S3997

Im actually looking froward to putting it up so I can do some heavy work on it. Im just gonna let the cold air dictate when that is. I did think about holding out for 1 trip to the local ski mountain before i do, but the idea of driving it over salt covered roads scares the shit out of me. Been running the hell out of it around here and it just keeps going. I havent touched or even checked the timing, plugs, or valves since I got it dialed in a few months ago. My odometer is broke, but I bet I got a few thousand miles on it since then.

Replacing heat exchangers and cleaning up duct work is on that winter long work list. Too much other stuff going on around here to spend any time working on it right now. Just...need...to...DRIVE!

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BoltonFTW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/san-francisco-fully-restored-1978/6984533693.html

Shocked 49k??? Shocked

the appraisal quotes are particularly good.

also if you are going to ask $49k why not put on some straight bumpers?
1977 Westfalia Weekender Tintop (very first car - SOLD Sad )
1992 VW Corrado VR6 (SOLD)
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

That is a foundation vent. available at any Lowes or Home Depot.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

BoltonFTW wrote:
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/san-francisco-fully-restored-1978/6984533693.html

Shocked 49k??? Shocked

the appraisal quotes are particularly good.

also if you are going to ask $49k why not put on some straight bumpers?

How long would it have taken to remove the striker plate ot at least mask it off before painting?
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

YellowSplittie wrote:

How long would it have taken to remove the striker plate ot at least mask it off before painting?

and it's missing the anti rattle wedge

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
YellowSplittie wrote:

But it does have a 2 L , 1600 cc engine! Must be variable displacement......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
lastchancevw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
YellowSplittie wrote:

nor did they remove the hammock mounts on the A pillars before painting it (which at least I guess it means they repainted the whole thing, inside and out) Personally, i prefer to see OG paint in the inside of a car.. For all the sellers boasting about restoring it to original colors, I'm pretty sure no Westys were two tone

they painted over the little white plastic things that are supposed to cap the white trim piece inside the B pillar inner edge. That white trim is missing too (it should be near the seat belt mount)

those under dash kickpanels are pretty wavy and hideous- they don't even fit into the folded over metal on the outside edges... NO floor mats and looks like the just painted the kick panels at the same time as the orange on the rest of the body

However it does look very nice.. though it's always a little hard to get the new paint on inside surfaces to look like original. i always wonder why they do that. Either they completely changed color or that OG paint on the interior metal was pretty trashed?

Far from a professional restoration. more likely a bus that's been around the block a lot
1974 super beetle (2, maybe can be made into one)

1969 delta blue deluxe bus, half-camperized and being worked on

Last edited by lastchancevw on Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
lastchancevw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

1974 super beetle (2, maybe can be made into one)

1969 delta blue deluxe bus, half-camperized and being worked on

Last edited by lastchancevw on Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 444, 445, 446 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 445 of 490

Jump to: