Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 444, 445, 446  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Yesterday 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

I really hate any Woodstock reference

Shortened it for my preference. The relationship has long been screwed when they parked it without windows, or if this is actually a '69 and not a '71, when they modified it.

Either way, "being at Woodstock" is like selling a '79 Plymouth Volare wagon "WAS AT'79 DAYTONA 500!" because some random family drove it and parked it in the parking lot for the race. Who cares?

strfish7 wrote:
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
Angus II
Samba Member

PostPosted: Yesterday 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Hello,
Because they dropped the brown acid.....
It is a 1971, with a bug exhaust....and no mustash bar hooked up.
Sure no rust with the windows out....
Don't believe an old hippie.....
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Yesterday 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Not sure if this one has made it to the Whines:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2316575

I really hate any Woodstock reference to sell a Bus, if you have PHOTOS of it @ Woodstock, then I'd beleave you, BUT just because someone lived near the concert area, does not mean it was there. And why does a '69 have '71 & later wheels ?? Did they swap the front end & trans from a '71 ????

Tom

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'65 Bus/Panel/camper W/T
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cmonSTART wrote:
Not necessarily a whine, but I'm seeing some of these pop up now.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/528393297955851/

Not interested in watercooled, but thats pretty cool that they kept the older bodystyle on a more modern platform.

77 westy. Seamus
cmonSTART Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Not necessarily a whine, but I'm seeing some of these pop up now.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/528393297955851/
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

From what Ive seen for Germany, the norm for an OG - mostly OG, clean bay window camper is north of 25k - in euros.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/vw-t-2...3-216-1151

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1974 Westfalia Hardtop Campmobile
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
Funny how Brazilian split busses are 18-25K yet this German bus is offered at $42k

I would think a nice German Bay camper should be worth more than a shit house, beat over Brazilian split.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airkooledchris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
Funny how Brazilian split busses are 18-25K yet this German bus is offered at $42k

That $42k bus will never sell as is, so it's a pointless comparison. He'll be lucky to get $25k out of it, and it'll be a long wait to find the right buyer.
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

"Don't laugh! That's my Wisconsin ID picture!" overheard at a Local California Hipster Restaurant.

Just found out I am allergic to lead in capsules(bullets)!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Oh yeah. Laughing Forgot about those. Cool

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

[quote="notchboy"]
lastchancevw wrote:
For all the sellers boasting about restoring it to original colors, I'm pretty sure no Westys were two tone

You might want to reconsider that statement. Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

lastchancevw wrote:
For all the sellers boasting about restoring it to original colors, I'm pretty sure no Westys were two tone

Not US spec ones anyway Wink

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
lastchancevw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

1974 super beetle (2, maybe can be made into one)

Citroens, Saabs, Reanults..

"Beat it to fit, paint it to match!"

Last edited by lastchancevw on Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
lastchancevw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
YellowSplittie wrote:

How long would it have taken to remove the striker plate ot at least mask it off before painting?

and it's missing the anti rattle wedge

nor did they remove the hammock mounts on the A pillars before painting it (which at least I guess it means they repainted the whole thing, inside and out) Personally, i prefer to see OG paint in the inside of a car.. For all the sellers boasting about restoring it to original colors, I'm pretty sure no Westys were two tone

they painted over the little white plastic things that are supposed to cap the white trim piece inside the B pillar inner edge. That white trim is missing too (it should be near the seat belt mount)

those under dash kickpanels are pretty wavy and hideous- they don't even fit into the folded over metal on the outside edges... NO floor mats and looks like the just painted the kick panels at the same time as the orange on the rest of the body

However it does look very nice.. though it's always a little hard to get the new paint on inside surfaces to look like original. i always wonder why they do that. Either they completely changed color or that OG paint on the interior metal was pretty trashed?

Far from a professional restoration. more likely a bus that's been around the block a lot
1974 super beetle (2, maybe can be made into one)

Citroens, Saabs, Reanults..

"Beat it to fit, paint it to match!"

Last edited by lastchancevw on Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
YellowSplittie wrote:

How long would it have taken to remove the striker plate ot at least mask it off before painting?

But it does have a 2 L , 1600 cc engine! Must be variable displacement......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

YellowSplittie wrote:

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

BoltonFTW wrote:
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/san-francisco-fully-restored-1978/6984533693.html

Shocked 49k??? Shocked

the appraisal quotes are particularly good.

also if you are going to ask $49k why not put on some straight bumpers?

crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

That is a foundation vent. available at any Lowes or Home Depot.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
BoltonFTW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/san-francisco-fully-restored-1978/6984533693.html

Shocked 49k??? Shocked

the appraisal quotes are particularly good.

also if you are going to ask $49k why not put on some straight bumpers?
1977 Westfalia Weekender Tintop (very first car - SOLD Sad )
1992 VW Corrado VR6 (SOLD)
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Jetfxr69 wrote:
thank god its almost 80 here in NH as ive been driving around with no heat. i will gladly take some global warming up here for now. when it cools off,(20s), i will park it.

Brother for less than $200 you can roll that shit year round Cool Wink

https://www.amazon.com/Happybuy-Motorhome-Trailer-...9GDG6S3997

Im actually looking froward to putting it up so I can do some heavy work on it. Im just gonna let the cold air dictate when that is. I did think about holding out for 1 trip to the local ski mountain before i do, but the idea of driving it over salt covered roads scares the shit out of me. Been running the hell out of it around here and it just keeps going. I havent touched or even checked the timing, plugs, or valves since I got it dialed in a few months ago. My odometer is broke, but I bet I got a few thousand miles on it since then.

Replacing heat exchangers and cleaning up duct work is on that winter long work list. Too much other stuff going on around here to spend any time working on it right now. Just...need...to...DRIVE!

77 westy. Seamus
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 444, 445, 446  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 446

Jump to: