Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 411, 412, 413 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Gonzo1970 wrote:
I always saw this forum but didnt really understand it until I started looking in the Classified's for parts for my '70 Westy.

Some used stuff is listed higher than you can purchase a new one for. Granted, the majority of the time is because its OE vs. Repro.. I get that.

But selling Repro's at inflated prices is pretty nuts to me..

I can get certain repro lenses for $10 each... Shipped for around $27 a pair. They're also in the classifieds for close to $40.. And its not an isolated thing. Other repro lenses in the classified's are $20 each and I can get them for $6.. But Oh Boy if you want those cracked, shitty looking Hellas, its gonna be $180.. Rolling Eyes

One of my Hella Turn Signal Lenses came off in two pieces... Still worth $100, right???

/rant off

-Gonz

It's like anything in life. Only the uninformed get burned for not doing their pricing research first.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
galencurrington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
Gonzo1970 wrote:
I always saw this forum but didnt really understand it until I started looking in the Classified's for parts for my '70 Westy.

Some used stuff is listed higher than you can purchase a new one for. Granted, the majority of the time is because its OE vs. Repro.. I get that.

But selling Repro's at inflated prices is pretty nuts to me..

I can get certain repro lenses for $10 each... Shipped for around $27 a pair. They're also in the classifieds for close to $40.. And its not an isolated thing. Other repro lenses in the classified's are $20 each and I can get them for $6.. But Oh Boy if you want those cracked, shitty looking Hellas, its gonna be $180.. Rolling Eyes

One of my Hella Turn Signal Lenses came off in two pieces... Still worth $100, right???

/rant off

-Gonz

It's like anything in life. Only the uninformed get burned for not doing their pricing research first.

A friend of mine at work is a mopar guy and it's the same on their forum too.
People selling cars that say they are number matching but they are not. Bad bodywork with repop parts, gaps don't line up incorrect parts on the wrong year. People just trying to cash in before the bubble hits. People trying to buy a car at a good price but to many people have watched Barrett Jackson. Same thing just different forum.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I didn't even see it was in Croatia Laughing
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Isnt this putting the cart before the horse? What shop?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2089734

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Isnt this putting the cart before the horse? What shop?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2089734

Yes, kinda hard to sell the sizzle on this. Every picture is more bad news. Bent bumper, broken windshield, cheezy muffler, old tires. Motor is mostly there and correct, I think. He could stay firm at 2995 and maybe sell it. Gonna have to risk the investment to find the buyer.
Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RBurn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://redding.craigslist.org/cto/d/77-transporter-daily-driver/6318344747.html

Pure craziness. Primered over primer. Confused
70 T2 Model 221 *CARR FIRE Victim
70 T2 Model 231 *CARR FIRE Victim
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

RBurn wrote:
https://redding.craigslist.org/cto/d/77-transporter-daily-driver/6318344747.html

It sounds like it's (crappy) grey paint over primer but maybe the text is confusing?
I'm not sure what's the point of saying it was primered is though.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RBurn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
RBurn wrote:

It sounds like it's (crappy) grey paint over primer but maybe the text is confusing?

Very Happy meant paint over primer, craziness! Shocked , what else would one expect
70 T2 Model 221 *CARR FIRE Victim
70 T2 Model 231 *CARR FIRE Victim
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

RBurn wrote:
EverettB wrote:
RBurn wrote:

Very Happy meant paint over primer, craziness! Shocked , what else would one expect

Haha, got it.

I looked at it and his text is weird
Quote:
Has primer and grey paint over
primer for protection

2 coats of primer or is it primer over paint over primer?

Everyone knows the more coats you have, the more protection, LOL
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Spike0180 wrote:
Need a laugh?

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/6323235944.html

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Quote from ad
"Have you ever dreamed of wearing fur lined underpants and fingerless gloves every time you drive your prized vehicle in below 30 degree weather?
Are you man/woman enough to defrost your IMAX-like windshield with your own breath?
Would you like to learn to truly appreciate the benefits of wearing ear protection above 70 mph?
Is fulfilling the VW legacy of turning owners into mechanics on your bucket list?
Last but not least, would you like to experience an euphoric sense of accomplishment every time you successfully arrive from point A to point B?

Well, today is your lucky day!

This '77 VW Westfalia camper bus embodies the perfect Yin-Yang between flaws and benefits.
It has - wait for it - A RUNNING ENGINE!!!!
And you know what else? IT DRIVES AND STOPS! WOOOOT!!!!!!!!
But wait! There's more!!!
This bus offers great physical health benefits, because IT'S A MOBILE GYM! You will develop strong leg muscles while manning those crappy brakes, and squeezing the steering wheel will swiftly pump up your biceps, by simply attempting to keep a straight line in 30mph crosswinds, while piloting a giant loaf of bread with the aerodynamic coefficient of a brick!
But who needs brakes anyways, when you can just grab the aftermarket trigger shifter, and downshift the freshly rebuilt 4 speed manual transmission? And why bother replacing that dying battery when you can just pop it in gear, and have a policeman and your kids push start the bus on the side of the highway? How great of a memory will that be???
But, will ownership of this bus increase your mental health, you ask? Why of course! Aside from bringing world peace and making all your dreams come true, this bus is a proven homeopathic medication against depression. It is impossible to stay mad while driving a 40 year old rust bucket that makes everybody smile!! It's like HAPPINESS ON WHEELS!!! PS it will also greatly increase your ingenuity, through the periodical use of household items for temporary mechanical fixes.
It goes without saying that your social status will increase exponentially. Grinning strangers will walk up to you and admire the mediocre paint job; expensive car drivers will give you the thumbs up despite the crusty frame and rockers; and your kids will think you are cool again, and actually go camping with you, impervious to the pop top tent holes chewed by mini rodents.
The low compression on one of the cylinders will have you find this bus to be sloooow, but it's deliberate! And for good reasons: it will teach you to be patient, chill out and take it easy, as well as the great philosophy of "you can pass me but you will never outlast me".
What else do I need to know, you ask? Well, the previous owner made a valiant effort to weld in a new sliding door bottom track, but missed the mark by 1/4 inch and never finished buttoning up the metal. The door operates with ease, but the bottom front corner sticks out. If you are fussy and want everything proper, I do have - at extra charge - a brand new track and the cargo floor strip that goes above it, as well as rockers, sills, outriggers and cross members; all you need is your cousin Joey the welder, and a case of beer!!
The bus does have a complete original interior, except that it's laying on cushy carpet in my basement. Rear bench/bed, overhead and side cabinets, fridge, and the Deluxe stove+sink cabinet.
For low ballers, and those not yet initiated in the secret guild of Westfalia Campmobile owners: before you commit seppuku with a butter knive because of the asking price - understand that a fully restored camper bus is worth $20k+
So what are you waiting for? Smash that piggy bank NOW and make me rich, before someone else is bestowed the honor of cherishing this ambulant piece of history!!!!!!!!!

PS1: I hate to disappoint you but I fixed the brake booster so your calves will no longer get a workout! On the bright side, I left you the leaky brake cylinder on the rear passenger side.
PS2 : I am allergic to scammers, so you must teleport your physical being in my driveway and see the bus in person; also, I am old skool, and will only exchange the bus for in - hand, tangible american dollars!"

edited Tcash
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

That bus is now listed in The Samba classifieds. But it's not nearly as humorous.... Crying or Very sad

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
sjbartnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

RBurn wrote:

I like the quote "second owner since 2000" Laughing

First, who the fuck cares?

Second, forget about the 20 owners between 1977 and 2000. Laughing
poptop tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
That bus is now listed in The Samba classifieds. But it's not nearly as humorous.... Crying or Very sad

I wonder if the rusted beam and yellow bucket from his gallery are included.
Angelokurtz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Hello questions I have a 1969 Westy I inherited it from my uncle he bought it when new in 1969 and I have every service record from then until now it's all original with its matching numbers original 1.6 L motor and original four-speed transmission it has documented 137,000 original miles it hasn't been painted floors are solid one small rust spot where the battery goes what is my Westy worth???? it's in pretty good condition it's running and driving and I also have tent that you build that gos on the side of it with all the polls and the canvas
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Angelokurtz wrote:
Hello questions I have a 1969 Westy I inherited it from my uncle he bought it when new in 1969 and I have every service record from then until now it's all original with its matching numbers original 1.6 L motor and original four-speed transmission it has documented 137,000 original miles it hasn't been painted floors are solid one small rust spot where the battery goes what is my Westy worth???? it's in pretty good condition it's running and driving and I also have tent that you build that gos on the side of it with all the polls and the canvas

Vehicles - Type 2/Bus - Bay Window - 1968-79
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/cat.php?id=7

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks/6001/i.html?_...Campmobile

Good luck
Tcash
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

super clean huh..
not sure if I'd say that even by NY standards..

sure little/no visible perforation.. but..

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2101131

Quote:
Super clean 79 westfalia camper vw bus Price: 4500
Up for sale the super clean Westy 1979 the only rust spot is in the back battery tray and corner the rest is only surface rust
Needs motor and trans (originally a automatic but manual can be used)
Complete interior in excellent condition and clean
Needs canvas
Comes w correct paperwork
Email w any questions and have a great day!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dogsled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
super clean huh..

Quote:
Up for sale the super clean Westy 1979 the only rust spot is in the back battery tray and corner the rest is only surface rust
Needs canvas

No holes until sand blasted, then it falls apart....it'll buff out...

poptop tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
super clean huh..

Quote:
Needs canvas

Super clean = just washed off.
Convoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

This is a bargain... "appraised for $42,500"
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/d/1969-transporter-campmobile/6330428918.html
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Convoy wrote:
This is a bargain... "appraised for $42,500"
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/d/1969-transporter-campmobile/6330428918.html

Laughing Did you not want to blast and scream your way across America- That bus has "Anger management classes" written all over it.

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 411, 412, 413 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 412 of 490

Jump to: