Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 454, 455, 456 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bimini17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Items I look at:
Windshield pits,
Key insert area, more scratches the longer you missed the slot
door entry area, drivers side. How much wear
Brakes, hdwe and pads Original VW
Nuts, bolts hdwe. Once you put a wrench on it, leaves marks on paint and metal some places
Steering Wheel wear,ball joints and tie rods rubber and wear, originals?
engine, If I wear to tear down
Shifter, ever adjusted, play
Dealer book, how high do the stamps go
How many owners and miles time of sale
Wheel wells, rock chips etc.
Trim scratches, original?
Drivers door paint where you rest your arm?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
bimini17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

So I'm feeling selfish for not sharing more about my VWs and the stories traveling to find them. Never done much as I seem to always be busy doing. I will work on photos and story's of my VW life. I'll post in gallery and proper thread since no longer for sale. VWs are meant to be shared too.
This one has 16700 original miles

wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Beautiful! Let's see more picks of that low mileage 67! How about some engine photos?

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

bimini17 wrote:
I had more fun listing my VW then selling it. The miles on the vehicle should produce skepticism, but I was amazed at the instant conclusions the miles are bogus.

I bought this to keep, only reason I listed is my wife keeps telling me I still have too many VWs 15 down to 7. But I can always trade something for her to keep this, so that what I've.

I had a feeling this one may be the real deal. But you should probably start a specific thread about it instead of going through all of it in here. Maybe ask a moderator?

So, did you trade your wife away to keep the bus? Laughing

Also, if you were serious about selling a bus with such a low mileage possibility, why not shower the ad with good photos, and a link to many more?
bimini17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

10-4, I thought the fewer pics would filter to only serious buyers, or maybe subconscious took over, I just wanted to keep. Wife negotiation is easy, hand her the high limit card. FYI Original Paint beetle, unrestored.

I would think the thread Projects and Builds, as I decided to work on it a bit. First off is brakes.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

No, more pics are better - especially to emphasize the details which are your storyboard to providing evidence of the low miles. Cool

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bimini17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Last comment from me.........In less than 48 hours of listing my 68 VW on Samba, I received two scam attempts for financial info, several attacks over my integrity, calling my listing deceiving and/or bias. I thought there would have been sharper observations, except back deck (Bravo) Loved his notice of my comment "trading my wife"LOL.
Also comments about my "weak" listing and lack of more info, obviously not from any potential buyer. My expectation was so far off the mark. Not even one, hey that's really a cool bus, not interested in buying but do you have more pics?

You would have thought I had listed this on EBAY. A little embarrassing.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

bimini17 wrote:
Last comment from me.........In less than 48 hours of listing my 68 VW on Samba, I received two scam attempts for financial info, several attacks over my integrity, calling my listing deceiving and/or bias. I thought there would have been sharper observations, except back deck (Bravo) Loved his notice of my comment "trading my wife"LOL.
Also comments about my "weak" listing and lack of more info, obviously not from any potential buyer. My expectation was so far off the mark. Not even one, hey that's really a cool bus, not interested in buying but do you have more pics?

Selling buses on here can take some thick skin at times. And advertising a vehicle anywhere will bring out the scammers and attackers. Nothing new there I suppose.

I think the bus is potentially amazing, and would love to see many more photos to document its condition.

No, I am not a buyer at this time. Most of us aren't. But we are bus nerds who love the details. If you have time, please do some photo documentation in a specific thread about the bus. Maybe call it "Is it legit?" or something like that. Could be fun.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
crukab wrote:
Atlantic wrote:
These ads are irritating:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2367537
Quote:

1968 original with 14980 miles from factory Price: 30,000
Extremely Rare low mileage in very good condition - Very little has been touched since leaving factory

Original Dunlop Goldseal tires, amazing for 52 years- Spare is pristine
Original Glass, rubber,trim,lights, chrome, basically everything in and out is original with this car from factory
No accidents or filler
Dealer applied undercoat at time of delivery
Canadian Model purchased from York VW Toronto
Gas heater
Nice Original Paint, belt line up

Areas of issue
Rims repainted, while tires mounted(not spare)
Bumpers repainted
two areas of light hangar rash, front right headlight and right rear panel, rear bumper
Pushrods tubes replaced with spring style
Brakes are frozen and wheel cylinder leaks, still all original(rolls, master cylinder stuck up)
Right front seat back not original, weird, bottom is
very poor bottom paint job, but underneath original paint still intact, looks like a lacquer primer and enamel spray over, no sand or strip
Cracked front windshield, though original delog
Obviously the issue of mileage is subject to skeptics. Inspect and because with such low miles, very easy to validate.

Runs nice after I cleaned carb and points- changed oil.

Condition never warranties low milage. I have seen cars in better condition with over 100k.
If you don't have paper work to proof, it's only wishful thinking. And the question is, why with so low miles would there not be paperwork ? Why so many flaws, partial repaint with this low milage ? Yes, you can come up with answers, but you will be back-paddling in a way that contradicts your own reasoning of "look at its great condition". I'd say very very likely not true.

3 pics for $30,000 ??????

Agreed, but the condition of the rear deck mat is unreal. I suppose it could have been covered with carpet for most of its life. But I don't recall ever seeing one that nice.

Something tells me this bus is the real deal. I would love to inspect it in person and be proven wrong.

I looked at his ad.
The interior and the fact that it has all of the original tires leans toward original mileage to me.

I agree that rear deck panel looks near mint.
Front seat upholstery doesn't look like over 100K to me

I've had a few low mileage cars (not that low though) and NONE of them had the original tires. Original spare? Yes.

None of them had documentation either but it was OBVIOUS from the condition in person.

It's from Canada too, those cars had rougher lives, even stored inside.
The list of stuff it needs sounds normal to me for a car that has been sitting for a long time.
The bottom repainted(?) seems weird to me and I think would kill interest for a lot of people, even if it had 114K

On the other hand, I've seen low mileage cars that were wrecked from being outside and vice versa. I had a car that with 100K that was wayyyy nicer than another similar car that had 30K. My car was garaged, the 30K car was stored outside in a wet area.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lastchancevw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this one has been covered.

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1273042/1969...lina-28027

19k and you can't even clean up all the horrible atrocious hanging wires under the dash?, glass falling out of the gauges, just general trashed interior look. Sure it's solid underneath but also lots of evidence that it's lived a hard life. If your hazard switch is over to the left of the column that's a sign that someone's been hacking the wiring...

There's like a wire going out the vent window to an antenna or something? Super janky. Geez. Just spend a day.. ONE DAY cleaning up that dash if you're going to go through all the trouble of putting it up for sale..

I'm not 100% certain that this thing was originally a Westy. Evidence of those door length vent tubes and the vents behind the front seats suggest maybe it was a passenger bus instead. Was it a sunroof one? Did they hack it a bit to get a pop top on it? I do see they have the extra metal underneath to strengthen the body if it has a hole in the top.

I suppose the price is far in some ways considering the engine and undercarriage looks solid and well looked after, but fuel filters in engine compartments always are a red flag to me, as well as non-standard fuel line.

But seriously dude, take you an afternoon to jam your wires under your dash, just make it look like you didn't hack the wiring...

Not to even mention the later nose, but hey, I know people use what's available, but it's not impossible to replicate an early bay nose..

-Ttara
1974 super beetle (2, maybe can be made into one)

1969 delta blue deluxe bus, half-camperized and being worked on
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
crukab wrote:
Atlantic wrote:
These ads are irritating:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2367537
Quote:

1968 original with 14980 miles from factory Price: 30,000
Extremely Rare low mileage in very good condition - Very little has been touched since leaving factory

Original Dunlop Goldseal tires, amazing for 52 years- Spare is pristine
Original Glass, rubber,trim,lights, chrome, basically everything in and out is original with this car from factory
No accidents or filler
Dealer applied undercoat at time of delivery
Canadian Model purchased from York VW Toronto
Gas heater
Nice Original Paint, belt line up

Areas of issue
Rims repainted, while tires mounted(not spare)
Bumpers repainted
two areas of light hangar rash, front right headlight and right rear panel, rear bumper
Pushrods tubes replaced with spring style
Brakes are frozen and wheel cylinder leaks, still all original(rolls, master cylinder stuck up)
Right front seat back not original, weird, bottom is
very poor bottom paint job, but underneath original paint still intact, looks like a lacquer primer and enamel spray over, no sand or strip
Cracked front windshield, though original delog
Obviously the issue of mileage is subject to skeptics. Inspect and because with such low miles, very easy to validate.

Runs nice after I cleaned carb and points- changed oil.

Condition never warranties low milage. I have seen cars in better condition with over 100k.
If you don't have paper work to proof, it's only wishful thinking. And the question is, why with so low miles would there not be paperwork ? Why so many flaws, partial repaint with this low milage ? Yes, you can come up with answers, but you will be back-paddling in a way that contradicts your own reasoning of "look at its great condition". I'd say very very likely not true.

3 pics for $30,000 ??????

Agreed, but the condition of the rear deck mat is unreal. I suppose it could have been covered with carpet for most of its life. But I don't recall ever seeing one that nice.

Something tells me this bus is the real deal. I would love to inspect it in person and be proven wrong.

I looked at his ad.
The interior and the fact that it has all of the original tires leans toward original mileage to me.

I agree that rear deck panel looks near mint.
Front seat upholstery doesn't look like over 100K to me

I've had a few low mileage cars (not that low though) and NONE of them had the original tires. Original spare? Yes.

None of them had documentation either but it was OBVIOUS from the condition in person.

It's from Canada too, those cars had rougher lives, even stored inside.
The list of stuff it needs sounds normal to me for a car that has been sitting for a long time.
The bottom repainted(?) seems weird to me and I think would kill interest for a lot of people, even if it had 114K

On the other hand, I've seen low mileage cars that were wrecked from being outside and vice versa. I had a car that with 100K that was wayyyy nicer than another similar car that had 30K. My car was garaged, the 30K car was stored outside in a wet area.

Agreed on all points. But remember, delivered to Canada does not mean it lived there. It may have come to the US in its first month of life on this continent.

I really want to see more of this bus.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
bimini17 wrote:

Selling buses on here can take some thick skin at times. And advertising a vehicle anywhere will bring out the scammers and attackers. Nothing new there I suppose.

I think the bus is potentially amazing, and would love to see many more photos to document its condition.

No, I am not a buyer at this time. Most of us aren't. But we are bus nerds who love the details. If you have time, please do some photo documentation in a specific thread about the bus. Maybe call it "Is it legit?" or something like that. Could be fun.

Please don't take comments to heart. It's real snarky out there and honestly, I think most of the peanut gallery had their Prozac and or shots of Vodka during the initial point out of your ad. Laughing

I have owned and sold a couple of low mileage VW's. One I had to advertise the other I didn't when I decided to sell. I as well am not a buyer at the moment, but am a detail nerd. If this bus is the real deal, I want to see it and learn.

COVID is going on. I don't think you would get many serious buyers at the moment - unless you had detailed no brainer shots and the bus was priced cheap. Wink

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

lastchancevw wrote:
I'm not sure if this one has been covered.

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1273042/1969...lina-28027

19k and you can't even clean up all the horrible atrocious hanging wires under the dash?, glass falling out of the gauges, just general trashed interior look. Sure it's solid underneath but also lots of evidence that it's lived a hard life. If your hazard switch is over to the left of the column that's a sign that someone's been hacking the wiring...

There's like a wire going out the vent window to an antenna or something? Super janky. Geez. Just spend a day.. ONE DAY cleaning up that dash if you're going to go through all the trouble of putting it up for sale..

I'm not 100% certain that this thing was originally a Westy. Evidence of those door length vent tubes and the vents behind the front seats suggest maybe it was a passenger bus instead. Was it a sunroof one? Did they hack it a bit to get a pop top on it? I do see they have the extra metal underneath to strengthen the body if it has a hole in the top.

I suppose the price is far in some ways considering the engine and undercarriage looks solid and well looked after, but fuel filters in engine compartments always are a red flag to me, as well as non-standard fuel line.

But seriously dude, take you an afternoon to jam your wires under your dash, just make it look like you didn't hack the wiring...

Not to even mention the later nose, but hey, I know people use what's available, but it's not impossible to replicate an early bay nose..

-Ttara

It does have Duct tape under the Dash & in the engine bay, so, yea, it's got that going for it........... Rolling Eyes

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
andrewtf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

To the original poster......

I'll preface this comment with the fact that I am no expert. No one on here will ask my technical advice... for anything (except maybe if you have an architectural need).

So......Why this reaction here? Because you posted a bus for sale on the site full people who are experts.....riddled with people who make their living doing this.
They know what they are talking about, have experienced vehicles like you are talking about and like to discuss all things about all buses. Yours is unique and deserves discussion. Asking for more photos and information is more of a compliment than a insult.....in my opinion.

I seriously doubt anyone who looks at your Ebay add can - off the top of their head - tell you what size nut or thread pitch some obscure bit needs. But many on here can.

And - yes - you sometimes need a thick skin here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I thought this ad was funny: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2371744
Quote:
Sold in pairs only.

... but there are nine of them. That's an odd number Wink

That https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2367537 bus does look tidy.
People are often skeptical of low mileage claims. The request for more pics and any documentation is obvious. Seller was contacted by scammers... don't take that personally.

Three pictures? Does it cost much to take digital pics? Is this a serious seller?

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Not complaining, but wow.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/vw-t2-...0-216-5875

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Not complaining, but wow.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/vw-t2-...0-216-5875

Out of courtesy and common practice, one should NEVER use filters on photos showing condition of a vehicle for sale.
Insane. Look how flat the front seats appear to be. Are they really flatten with age and needed padding or is it results from altering the images? (just a minute example)

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2332503

$7500 for a few, barely usable parts? What a joke. $75.00 tops.

(Sorry if it's already been whined.)

Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:

Love the random piece of duct tape!

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
Busstom wrote:

Love the random piece of duct tape!

There was once a banana under it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 454, 455, 456 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 455 of 490

Jump to: