Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 477, 478, 479 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Wouldn't say price is out of this world for a Westy(?), But this is a local Bus that has been sitting for years. Everytime I'm in the area I drive by hoping to catch the owner. To buy it? Maybe, but more to meet a local. Then it randomly pops up for sale well out of my comfort zone. I do like the home made high top personally, looks fairly well done too.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Uhh yeah... no thanks maybe for $72
not $7200..

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/18839033..._type=post

Seller's Description
Had a fire. Looks exceptionally clean. Nice project. Being sold with a RI bill of sale that says parts only. No title.

I believe it has the Subaru conversion, will wood brakes. Very cool and clean project

found non-FB post, man that rear hitch came out unscathed...

Last edited by danfromsyr on Mon May 24, 2021 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

At first I thought it wasn't so bad from the exterior pictures.. then I saw that front interior shot! Wowzers!

No.
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

What a shame:(.
I mean those ugly wheels but that fire damage is sad as well.
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
earlybayjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
If it was on FB it would be $7500.... Laughing

It was for sale on Facebook for like 3200$ or something ridiculous like that! The guy had a bunch of crazily priced split window projects as well.

Don't worry, he caught tons of shit on there too!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
theguyryry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

"Some minor rust"!!!. lol. Also love the added image showing a Brazilian bus sell for 126k.
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/portland-vw-bus/7338887806.html

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busboy25
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2480731

So I thought this was bad when I saw it on Facebook this morning. But compared to the last few this might be a deal.

I do enjoy how if only we knew what was wrong with it 35 years ago that would be it’s only problem.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

"Single Cab Bus" Very Happy

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2481944
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Muthashabubu Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
"Single Cab Bus" Very Happy

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2481944

Shocked Sick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

You cannot fault the frankness.

“I do not have any details about why the bus is not running“

skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
Uhh yeah... no thanks maybe for $72
not $7200..

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/18839033..._type=post

Seller's Description
Had a fire. Looks exceptionally clean. Nice project. Being sold with a RI bill of sale that says parts only. No title.

I believe it has the Subaru conversion, will wood brakes. Very cool and clean project

found non-FB post, man that rear hitch came out unscathed...

i did the subaru conversion years ago on that. the original owner had run out of money and my patients to finish it properly.

i will have to dig, but i have photos of that bus being built.

his biggest downfall was he just didn't want to listen to me.

look at the fuse panel (i'll have to dig up photos when i had it)

for some reason the guy thought the vw wiring was junk, bought a universal harness kit for like a 69 camaro. no joke, this thing had a lawn mower style ignition switch when it left here

anyway, it ended up at another shop in RI called flynn automotive. i spoke to the shop owner. he said it was there for "major electrical issues" and he was trying to finish it up.

from there, it bounced from shop to shop trying to get it sorted. i never saw it again. when it left here you literally had to jump 2 wires to start it. i refused to tie in the subaru harness to the abortion it came here with in terms of wiring

had this guy listened to me for 1 minute, none of this would have happened. i 1000% bet it was electrical that did this, or something got changed in the fuel system along the way.

click here and go to "MORE" and find "bob's 71 bus" and see the slide show

https://401restos.com/

that dude must have had 80-100K in that bus...if not more. so sad. such a waste of time money and talent.

no joke, after dealing with him it took several calls from member Daveark from texas to convince me to do another swap. that guy sucked all the joy out of what i do.

i'll have to dig up photos. the fuse box was literally hanging from a piece of peg board when it left. looking at the photos....it looks like that never got fixed

because i have eyes and ears everywhere a undisclosed person sent me these photos

I know he had listed it for sale. i really hope this didn't happen to the new owner if he sold it. such a fucking waste.

i'm going to try and find the photos from that build. you should have seen the wiring that was in it....total disaster

looks like someone over extended the passenger door and bent the fuck out of it

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

What a fuckin' disaster. All that work. Only upside's no one burned to death.
Shit. An enormous winged dollar sign, floating away never to return.
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:

look at the fuse panel

There appear to be 3 of them lurking below the dash in this photo?

What a saga!
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

germansupplyscott wrote:

There appear to be 3 of them lurking below the dash in this photo?

i wouldn't be surprised. i'm still looking for the photos which may be gone for good.

i lent him a nose so he could chop out the air box and put in a dash a/c heater unit. i think he was going with heated seats etc etc.

i only got it to a point of driving it in my driveway. it had no glass when it was here. it had some wilwood brake setup that wasn't matched right to the MC and the brake pedal was like stepping on dog shit (it did kinda stop however)

the concept would have been cool if it were executed better. ripping out all the stock wiring was suicide as far as i'm concerned.

when i do these swaps there is a sub fuse panel i use that only has 3 circuits and one of which is the reverse lights. the rest literally marries to the subaru harness without any issues.

i really felt bad and honestly defeated that this bus left the way it did. i can't remember...but i think i did this swap for like 35 or 40 bux an hour and there was a lot of unbilled hours trying to marry all of it together.

sad to see how it ended. if anything this deal taught me to NEVER let the customer run the show. from this swap forward it's been my way or leave....i have a recipe that is proven. i don't need another chef in the kitchen.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

holy shit...

i found a few pix

ignition switch

fuse box

more fuse box

behind the dash

and the day it left here

like i said it was so bad i made it so you had to jump the starter and power the ECU off the battery to run it. no way was i tying into that mess

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Where is that ignition switch installed? I'm having a hard time identifying it at that angle. Is that the steering column?
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cmonSTART wrote:
Where is that ignition switch installed? I'm having a hard time identifying it at that angle. Is that the steering column?

yes, it's in the pod as if you were looking thru the windshield up into the housing. note the terminal almost rubbing the bracket

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Got it.

The good news is you can hang a fire extinguisher on the pegboard pretty easily... well could have I guess.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

the whole thing is sad. breaks my heart to know how this ended.

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Insurance shouldn’t pay a dime on that.

“ we don’t pay stupid”
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 477, 478, 479 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 478 of 490

Jump to: