Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 481, 482, 483 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2498277

1600?

And he claims to have owned it for 23 years?

What am i missing here?

I've got nothin'...
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Looks like a foam and bondo job on the rocker?
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2498277

1600?

And he claims to have owned it for 23 years?

What am i missing here?

He brain farted is all.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Kind of a Douche for putting those stickers all over the back end, that will be a TON of work to get them all off...

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
Kind of a Douche for putting those stickers all over the back end, that will be a TON of work to get them all off...

Funny, that’s what I thought right away when I saw that.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
craigman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Ok,, I gotta bitch for a moment......
been messing with bugs for 30 years... looking to get my first bus, and looking at the prices of the bay windows, OMG, they're asking ridiculous amounts of money for them. Even a project. What has driven these buses to such ridiculous prices? Am I missing something? I can almost see the prices asked for a split window, but $5K for a stripped out rusted shell with no motor/trans and no paperwork? Maybe I'm the one out of this world, but come on?
Whew, not I feel better! LOL So anyways, what's your opinions?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

craigman wrote:
Ok,, I gotta bitch for a moment......
been messing with bugs for 30 years... looking to get my first bus, and looking at the prices of the bay windows, OMG, they're asking ridiculous amounts of money for them. Even a project. What has driven these buses to such ridiculous prices? Am I missing something? I can almost see the prices asked for a split window, but $5K for a stripped out rusted shell with no motor/trans and no paperwork? Maybe I'm the one out of this world, but come on?
Whew, not I feel better! LOL So anyways, what's your opinions?

Start driving more back roads at slower speed and look. The good deals are not advertised.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
andrewtf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Its a '78?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

(the front as well)

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php...6cfcf18927

It might be a '78. Everything else looks correct - but I think I want want more info (perhaps about the accident where it was rear ended?).

Thankfully it has dual mirrors
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Late bus. They wanted a retro look and gave it early tail lights and a pair of awful front turn signals.
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
Glass removed and painted.. Ohhh really.

$25k for a camo tintop with minimalist interior.. DO tell me more about it..

https://hartford.craigslist.org/for/d/drewsville-1970-vw-deluxe-bus-van/7374586402.html
Quote:
970 be deluxe bus/van. 1600 dual port engine. Owned 5 plus years, worked on VW's full time over a decade. Whole bus/van was disassembled and reassembled. Glass removed and painted. New battery tray, driver side new rocker, all new door and glass rubber, all new ball joints, all new brakes complete, rear axle rebuilt, new bearings, all good German parts. Runs great. $25,000

Down to $18000 now. Ahh, that’s quite the reduction. Can’t imagine who would have even entertained $25k earlier, but I’m sure the wanderlust crew will be kicking tires now. In the end he probably gets $12000.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2501338

1977 VW Bus Shorty Price: 22500

1977 VW Bus Shorty. Originally from Oregon and professionally shortened. This is a rust free Bus, no Bubbles, no Blisters, no Patch Work on the Body. It is very straight and runs and drives well.
I am asking $22,500.

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2501338

1977 VW Bus Shorty Price: 22500

1977 VW Bus Shorty. Originally from Oregon and professionally shortened. This is a rust free Bus, no Bubbles, no Blisters, no Patch Work on the Body. It is very straight and runs and drives well.
I am asking $22,500.

This is the kind of thing that you know some asshole will come close if not meet his asking price on.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I'm confused how you can build that with no "patchwork on the body", I guess it's a perfect clean shortening?

I feel like that still counts.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

stupidity knows no boundaries.
a crusty scrap metal value rim, pimped as a $75 "fire pit".
but wait, there's more! you could have it cleaned, painted, and shipped for a mere $200!

bet you can guess who the seller is before even looking at the ad.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2503326

volkswagen 14" baywindow bus rim firepit Price: $75
baywindow bus rim in good shape converted to a firepit that you can use anywhere.
easy to store 14' fits in the bus or on the roofrack. have a camp fire anywhere.

$75 pick up prefered or i can clean it repaint it and it will be $200 including shipping anywhere in north america

busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
bet you can guess who the seller is before even looking at the ad.

Razz

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Never ceases to amaze me how anyone with a crusty old bus that’s been sitting in a field for 25 years thinks it’s gold on wheels.

https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/west-newfield-1968-vw-bus/7393789746.html

“Someone interested in restoring it knows that a restored 1968 VW Bus is an extremely expensive and prized collector's item. We are firm on $4000 cash only.”

Indeed, someone interested in restoring it also knows that this “expensive and prized collectors item”, as it sits, is a big PIECE OF SHIT right now.

At least they are firm on $4000. I mean, I wouldn’t want to insult them with my $250 offer.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
Never ceases to amaze me how anyone with a crusty old bus that’s been sitting in a field for 25 years thinks it’s gold on wheels.

https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/west-newfield-1968-vw-bus/7393789746.html

“Someone interested in restoring it knows that a restored 1968 VW Bus is an extremely expensive and prized collector's item. We are firm on $4000 cash only.”

Indeed, someone interested in restoring it also knows that this “expensive and prized collectors item”, as it sits, is a big PIECE OF SHIT right now.

At least they are firm on $4000. I mean, I wouldn’t want to insult them with my $250 offer.

That's the type of reasoning a lot of sellers use to justify their prices. Like when they say "This Bus is worth $40,000 all done up, so it's a great deal."
Well, yeah, I guess it could be. You'll just need to put $50,000 into it first.

I think I've cut up cleaner Buses than that for parts. It looks reasonably complete, so if it was local to me, I'd pay $500 - $750 tops and strip it down.

That being said, the price is still in that sweet spot where it's attainable to the 'Van Life' dreamers. So there's a chance it will sell to some uneducated hopeful, but will be back on the market in a year or two untouched from how it sits now.
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Wow - last ran in 1991!

Granted it was 2014, but I paid less than that for my bus and while it was full of Bondo - it ran and it could be driven/inspected.
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-volkswagen-bus-20/

https://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/...048%2C1365

Upgraded fuse box location with cover removed for easy access. Wiring in the fresh air duct and a speaker in the dash vent?????

An electrical hot mess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2495217

Rolling Eyes

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 481, 482, 483 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 482 of 490

Jump to: