Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 486, 487, 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Traveling nurse is smoking the goods. They left three spark plugs in the engine compartment, I hope they remembered them there. I guess they'd just fall out on the highway anyway, lol $15,000, I'm thinking $2500 if I can actually start it & limp it home.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dodger tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

consvws wrote:
They left three spark plugs in the engine compartment, I hope they remembered them there.

the three plugs are extra. hundred bucks a pop.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shonandb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Now this is sad!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/cto/d/burnaby-77-vw-bus/7512179512.html
Previous 1973 Panel Bus:
Click to view image
Jalabert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Not really a whine, but a head-scratcher. Just saw that JK are doing bundles of 5 sets of HT leads...

https://www.justkampers.com.au/vw-t2-bay-window-pa...-1983.html

What the hell are people doing to their ignition systems to need to be buying these in bulk?! I had to replace a broken HT lead yesterday. It had an excuse. It's been on there for 50 years. 2 other originals still doing fine. Baffled.

'73 westy, 1700 type 4 with 34icts
busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Repair shops will buy in bulk, when I buy spark plugs I buy two boxes of Bosch at a time, same for valve cover gasket, last bundle I got had 25 in it, not evrybody just gets what they need at that moment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2568027
Are ratty engineless baywindow projects really going for $13k? I think guy should get to slapping.
dodger tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

as posted elsewhere i replaced my hella fog lights with hella driving lights. at 100 watts each i decided to upgrade the associated fuse. bought some "euro fuses" through amazon, and put a 20-amp in the secondary fuse box. figured at 16.7 amps the 20 would work. but, nooo....

the fuse didn't blow, but the plastic body melted. replaced it with a 25-amp ceramic-bodied fuse. left the lights on for a few minutes, and it didn't even get warm.

i wonder what happened?
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

dodger tom wrote:
i wonder what happened?

China, and greed got involved.
Ceramic with brass is the only thing I use.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
telford dorr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. The pain is only felt by others.
Same thing happens when you're stupid. - Philippe Geluck
More VW electrical at http://telforddorr.com/ (available 9am to 9pm PST)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Angus II
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Hello, ^^^^
The band aid is missing...in that repair kit.
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I ordered this around 6 years ago nd just now finally got around to putting it on my bus.

https://www2.cip1.com/vwc-241-898-111-a/

It's crap. Way thinner metal than the originals, bends just by looking at it. The curved pieces don't fit well, and the backside that goes into the clips is too short in some areas so some clips aren't even holding it on.

I guess "German Made" can still mean junk.
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

$65k Rolling Eyes
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2575937
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

3foldfolly wrote:
$65k Rolling Eyes
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2575937

I think it's priced more right than wrong. The market right now might be (probably is) too soft for that price but it's obviously a very special Bus and ticks every box for a true collectible Bus. I am totally partial to original Buses. Not everyone sees the value in originality but for a vintage vehicle to hold value over time original is best. I don't love the 009 and chipsy fuel pump but other than those things it's a super nice, super original vehicle.
andrewtf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

What’s cheaper than a “Cheap Chinese Diesel Heater”?
Cheap Chinese mirrors.
But they are consistently shitty – if nothing else.

We took a short overnight camping trip to a nice little State park about an hour from home.
Nothing extraordinary. Just an overnight with my wife and adult son.

We headed off on Friday mid afternoon. Before we left I adjusted the passenger side mirror which had done it’s occasional ‘droop’ over time. I cinched it tight again, gave it a minor tweek and off we went. Pulled into the campground about an hour later and my son steps out, closes the passenger door and the mirror falls to the dirt.

The only photo on my phone of this short trip:

When we got home, I went to the stash of stuff, and of course, I got three driver’s side mirrors and only one passenger side – the old twice cracked original Big Emma mirror. So – on it went.
I am always happy to scrounge a part from the Big Emma left overs.

Fast forward to yesterday……..
Pull into my office after lunch, close the door and:

So – lost both of the mirrors............ five days apart.
Consistency… That’s the key to success.

Big Emma came thru again with the other old original.

I guess we know we should now begin the search for a pair of original mirrors to replace the Cheap Chinese ones that are currently on Big Emma.
They are due to fall off in about 3 months.
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://maine.craigslist.org/pts/d/bowdoinham-1977-vw-bus-camper/7542568248.html

ahhh, no.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

One zero too many??
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2579930

50k, not even any curtains!? weird homemade possibly hacked interior, not stock enough to be original, no great upgrades though either ,oh im sorry! except for the 5k usb jack in the radio. lol. its a nice bus for maybe 30k but even that seems crazy. i doubt this bus will sell for that price, no way. if someone is going to drop 50k on a bus then it better have a lot of details and at least a few pictures of the new engine, all the pictures of the restoration etc. these people are dreaming hard.
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2573791
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2580694

They are using a photo from ratwell and I am going to take a wild guess, without permission. I am pretty sure the picture of the thermostat itself is stolen from evwparts.com. Insult to injury the non-ratwell image is a Type 1 thermostat, not a Type 4 unit.
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

germansupplyscott wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2580694

They are using a photo from ratwell and I am going to take a wild guess, without permission. I am pretty sure the picture of the thermostat itself is stolen from evwparts.com. Insult to injury the non-ratwell image is a Type 1 thermostat, not a Type 4 unit.

VW Air Cooled Parts,Classic Porsche Parts
Directly from the ISO9001 or TS16949 certificated factory
100% brand new products with 100% test
More than 10 years exporting experience
Produce New items with sample or technical drawing.
NO RETAIL,Only For Wholesale
Looking for Importers and Wholesalers worldwide

looking for someone stateside to peddle their knock-off shit.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2581034

Without looking at the ad first, guess what the seller is asking.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 486, 487, 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 487 of 490

Jump to: