Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

All smiles
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glasser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: All smiles Reply with quote

I know there has been some similar posts in the past but wanted to share my thoughts with you.
I get so much satisfaction out of driving my buggy as I'm sure we all do. But what is really neat is seeing all the smiles the car brings to people. Totally hot babes looking my way checking me..... Oh, OK that is where my fantasy stops and reality sets in Laughing . They are clearly looking at the car OR maybe I look like a total goof and that is what is making them smile Embarassed regardless on many occasions I have seen elderly people see the car and just gleam. Maybe it brings back their youth? Maybe they owned one or knew someone that owned one??? I have no clue but the smiles that it brings to their faces is so rewarding. Not as a car owner/builder but just the fact the car may have just made their day. I seen what I am guessing an 80 year old woman in a passenger seat pointing toward me, arm shaking like she could barely manage to point my way. She was talking to the driver with a huge smile on her face and continued to look and smile as they drove thought the intersection. I almost wanted to follow them and offer her a ride but thought how creepy or weird that might seem.
Kids are a blast to watch as well. I've been to a few car shows and the parents are respectfully trying to keep the kids away. I approach them and ask them if they would like to sit in it. Some are too shy and say no others jump at the chance and in they go, usually followed by the parents pulling out their cameras to catch the moment.
Then you get the older kids that either flash you the "hang loose" hand gesture or just plain scream out at you which usually scares the crap out of me Shocked . Now if I could just get my wife to be as excited about the car I'd be all set. Laughing

Good times and great memories. I just wish I built this car years ago.
Project#2. Neighbors build up. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=327008
FarmerJohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear someone else lets the little ones jump in too
Same reaction here either the kids go right in or are too shy but tthe ones that go in are all smiles for the picture Very Happy
surfnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We call it going on the "wave" tour since everyone waves and smiles!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MTLBUGGY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put my first Buggy on the road this week and can totally relate to what you are saying Smile It does draw a lot of attention which ultimatally I take as appreication for the workmanship put into the build.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
AuBenseiter Motor Sports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTLBUGGY wrote:
I just put my first Buggy on the road this week and can totally relate to what you are saying Smile It does draw a lot of attention which ultimatally I take as appreication for the workmanship put into the build.

MTL, what kind of buggy is that? Do you have any other pics? Yours look very similiar to my dads & so far we havent been able to ID it yet.
MTLBUGGY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Buggy is an IRWIN MANX, made by BOB IRWIN from Weston Ontario back in the day.

http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/gallery/base/Irwin%20Manx/?base=14c1bea73f59fa988f66d00d169ceb04

The side panels I purchased from Johns Bug Shop in Nigrafalls and glassed them in place. I also modified the rear-end licence plate area to house the neon light for the licence plate.

Can you post a pic of your Buggy, lots of knowledgable folks here who could help you out.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: