Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Too much time at the samba..
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Too much time at the samba.. Reply with quote

Its not really hurting anything but I spend 3-4 hours straight everyday after work reading posts and looking at classifieds. I used to spend alot of time at a Fender (Guitars) site and now its this VW obsession.

I am getting things done on my bug and I bought a shrinking disk from John Kelly to do some bodywork, the thing is incredible!!! I have my car stripped down for a new beam and some body work and it is getting done so I can justify the time I spend here. If you havent tried a shrinking disk and have body work to do I would suggest trying one, I have never done body work before and you would be amazed at what a newbie can do with one of these things.

Anyway, just trying to get to know some people here so if you want to post something then do it , damnit!

BTW, I find the people here very helpfull. Its also a pretty well run sight.

Really appreciate what Everett has done here. Almost like he hand picked some of you. I am very thankful for all the help I get here.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want to know people... you need to get out to some shows and spend time with them.

I always find the night before a show either camping or at the host hotel the best time.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kingston1200
Samba Strummer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
If you really want to know people... you need to get out to some shows and spend time with them.

I always find the night before a show either camping or at the host hotel the best time.

I think this is good sound advice right here. I spend alot of time on the samba in the classifieds and forums too. Always motivates me to get my arse into the garage. Once I have the bug roadworthy, I plan to do as Glenn suggests and journey to some shows to get in deeper with the VW commune.
Shouldn't be long now.......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself spend hours and hours daily screwing around in this site, I work 9 to 5 in front of a computer and I keep this site open navegating from page to page, once I get home is more of the same, good luck with that car and Glenn is right go out and meet some folks out in the shows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jwd722
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am addicted to thesamba. I spend a few hours on it every day.

I find a day without thesamba is like a day without...well...sunshine.

Not enough VW shows in Michigan to visit! There are several in the surrounding states but traveling to them is a pain most of the time.

Just seem to have too many other commitments and not enough summer!
big turn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also hooked on vws.
I don't post much, but yesterday I drove my bug to work for the first time. After several hours and dollars to get it roadworthy. All because of the helpful folks here and my Idiot book. I had no VW experience beforehand. Very valuable website.
Thanks everybody.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: