Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

sloans265 aka Sloan Bush aka [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: sloans265
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
jmsmilin
Samba's Most Posted

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: sloans265 aka Sloan Bush aka [email protected] Reply with quote

I will be the first to post feedback about Sloan. Poor experience.

Several months ago we traded cars.

I had recently sold 2 nice 67s and had been looking for a ragtop sunroof nearby, so on a whim I inquired to see if he was interested in selling his. He was on the fence but when I thought about buying a 59 rag that was some what near him he offered me a trade, his 62 for my new 59. I took him up on it because I was looking for a nice looking car I could get in and drive without having to do much on.

The trade was fairly even, his nice original 62 that was running and driving, lowered, upgraded brakes and engine (original engine with it also) that he had done a lot of work on, for my very nice stock running 59 that needed some work to be a driver. His 62 had some rust in the rear pan and under the seat as it turned out. The 59 was more solid. That made up for the fact that the 62 was a running driving lowered car with many upgrades.

Both cars were very original with original paperwork with them etc. It was a relatively quick deal and the 62 did not come with some of the accessories it had on it. The 59 had some cheap things on it that I removed as well. We didnt talk about that much, but we met up, he inspected the 59 for a long time and I looked over the 62 and made the deal and drove away. That should be the end of the story...however

He was supposed to bring me some shocks that he ordered for the front narrowed beam from Airkewld but they hadn’t arrived yet in the mail. The day of the deal when I showed up, and after we had been on the phone that day, for the first time he informed me that he didn’t have the shocks but would send them later. He gave me his license plate so I could drive the car away, so I had some collateral, not that I needed it as I really trusted him thus far. Of course shocks werent a deal breaker for me anyway, but he said he would include/send them.

After the deal was made he asked me about a set of eyebrows the 59 had on it in one of the obscure extra pics I FWDed to him from the prior owner earlier. I told him he could have them if he wanted them since they were in the pic, but they were rusty and cheap. He seemed very adamant about them so I told him I would send them with the plate I had to mail back to him anyway. But he kept stringing me along and never sent the shocks, and I started to get a bad feeling about him so I just sent the plate and waited for my shocks to arrive.

As it turned out he cancelled the order the week before (he told me that in an email after I sent his plate). He then started to “stalk” me in the threads and post negative things about me right in the middle of my general posts. Later on he said he was just trying to get a rise out me and basically that the eyebrows were junk and he didn’t care about them after all the big fuss he made.

The deal was actually good, and I was actually very happy with the 62 I received in the trade. Its what Sloan did afterward to reflect what kind of character he possess. It got worse when I listed the car for sale.

Not long after the deal we made, a real estate venture I had been eyeing finally came thru. It was a long shot and I didn’t think I would get it, but I did and I had made a promise to sell some of my materialistic time consuming things and focus on the real estate. So due to many factors the 62 went up for sale. I asked an extremely fair price for it for a fast smooth sale, slightly more than I paid, but I basically broke even or came just under if you count the registration process, my time, and my gas to go get it, and some minor upgrades to the car. The new buyer (an experienced VW guy) fully inspected the car when he bought it (came twice) and is still very happy.

I think Sloan was upset over the deal after it was done. Many of his friends at the time tried to discourage him (could have been a ploy) but he made the deal. But after I listed it for sale he started to bash me around the forums, make up stories, and then out of no where in one of the forums he said the following stuff about the car:

sloans265 wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=658112

Funny, the current owner/seller tried to accuse me of being dishonest when we traded cars a few months back. Yet HE has failed to mention this car needs,
BOTH heater channels
front cross panel
Both rear cross members
luggage shelf (maybe partial but most likely complete)
rear shock tower area (both sides)
rear quarter panel sections (both sides)
BOTH rear wheel well repair sections, etc, etc.

Sure its a pretty shiny car, but don't let that fool you. It has potential but it has issues.

(I'm sure by the time I get up in the morning he will have sent me some more PM's trying to insult me again Rolling Eyes )
taken from http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=201726&start=260

I did PM Sloan, but it was to reach him and ask him why he was doing and saying some other things he was saying before this in other topics? I thought we were friends after the deal and was really shocked to see he had done that. I never accused him of anything. I was very happy with the car, again he made that up.

He never told me about those problems he claims now so his statements are very ironic and hypocritical. I think he may be exaggerating to make himself feel better about the whole deal as other than some minor rust I saw those areas seemed fine to me. The car was a driver (he was happy driving it) and not something that needed all that work done unless perhaps like any old car that you wanted to perhaps totally rip down and acid soak off the paint etc, but why would you do that to such a fine car, in this price range, it is what it is, and that would be a waste in my opinion.

Sloan has not yet posted feedback, but I feel that out of his bitterness over the deal he was prompted to make random negative posts about me. If what he now says were true, then he lied and tried to cover up issues with the car that I wasn’t aware of right from the start, and that would make what he alleges I said correct then wouldn’t it?

I knew I was verbally buying a car over the internet sight unseen and expected some issues as that is the territory. Im still happy with the deal I got but just a word of warning, if dealing with Sloan know what you are doing and be skeptical. I no longer trust him and for a 40 year old man he seems to be quite immature about solving his problems. Next time I hope he contacts the person first and works out any issues like a man rather than resorting to posting up slander because he felt some regret or whatever the case was.

Here you can see the thread he started on the 59 that he was elated to get, note the dates: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=305011&highlight=

and here you can see some of his starting to bash me, note the dates:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=316571&highlight=rear+eyebrows

I await his rubuttle and challenge him if he so desires to post our PM exchange and air it further. I truly hope he enjoys his 59, please think of this when ever you look over it.

(o\ ! /o) | o \/ o | (o)=|=(o) [o\|_|_|/o] \m/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SuperSamba Premium Member
Samba False Idol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please use his feedback thread at
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=242538
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: