Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

braukuche - [email protected] - Dan Epperly
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Braukuche
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 only pre heat tubes - Feedback Reply with quote

MACAM67 wrote:

Was disappointed when the parts I had agreed to buy were sold out from under me at a swap meet. "... by someone tending the table ...". Question: why would you take items already "sold" to a swap meet in the first place? Rolling Eyes

Well, I keep everything in bins and they ended up getting hauled out with everything else. As I explained in my email. They actually sold for less than what I was going to sell them to you.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good transaction and good communication...thanks again for the hook up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a pleasant transaction near the end. At first everything was flowing smoothly as far as communication back and forth, Rain was an issue where Dan lives so he couldnt get my parts out for about two weeks. He quoted me one price to ship but actually paid less almost 20 bucks less but neglected to let me know ... i suppose if i didnt say anything about it then "Oh Well"
I own 4 online businesses and I only charge my customers for the actual shipping never a Handling charge such as Boxes, bubble wrap, tape, straps, labels, or the time it takes to drop off some items at USPS, DHL, Fedex or UPS.

I left out certain specific details as not to have a whole lot of drama..

Ultimately ethics and moral compass must have set in where he refunded the difference in shipping.

He did a good job of wrapping the item though and wrote legibly on the label as well. Other than that based on this experience I may not purchase from him again but that is not to say that you should not either.. you may fair off better than i did.

Like i wrote earlier.. he is a very good communicator and emails.

Shalom Uvracha

My '67 Split Window Bus project :
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634144

My '67 Maserati Blue Oceano Bug Build:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=541870
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jewish Guy wrote:
Not a pleasant transaction near the end. At first everything was flowing smoothly as far as communication back and forth, Rain was an issue where Dan lives so he couldnt get my parts out for about two weeks. He quoted me one price to ship but actually paid less almost 20 bucks less but neglected to let me know ... i suppose if i didnt say anything about it then "Oh Well"
I own 4 online businesses and I only charge my customers for the actual shipping never a Handling charge such as Boxes, bubble wrap, tape, straps, labels, or the time it takes to drop off some items at USPS, DHL, Fedex or UPS.

I left out certain specific details as not to have a whole lot of drama..

Ultimately ethics and moral compass must have set in where he refunded the difference in shipping.

He did a good job of wrapping the item though and wrote legibly on the label as well. Other than that based on this experience I may not purchase from him again but that is not to say that you should not either.. you may fair off better than i did.

Like i wrote earlier.. he is a very good communicator and emails.

Shalom Uvracha

And now for the other side...
First off I didn't take two weeks to ship. You made payment on 12/12/14, I shipped on the 22nd. Splitting hairs I know, but want to set the record straight. Second point, once you got the bumper you send me an email insinuating that I was a cheat because I did not let you know the shipping was $18 less then the estimate based on greyhounds online calculator. This from a guy who had no clue that the two bumpers I had listed on the ad were both fronts and was ready to buy both and about to make payment when I made it clear to him they were both fronts when he was looking for a set. Some cheat I am. I always look to save on shipping costs for people who buy from me, I give them the best estimates based on online calculators for both USPS and Ghound. Sometimes they are off and I end up paying out of pocket sometimes I end up with some in pocket, it all balances out in the end. I never promise to "refund" any lower costs on shipping nor do I ever refuse to ship a part when it cost me money. I feel it is almost a bait and switch to refuse to ship a part because my shipping estimate is wrong. When I told Val this he said in his business he refuses to ship something unless he gets full payment for the shipping costs. Whatever. Having been insulted by this guy, I was still willing to discuss the matter and said that ethically I did not feel I did anything wrong.

I gave him the amount I charged for the shipping, he accepted it, he got his part and is happy with it, and he even guilt tripped me into giving him back $18, so what's the beef? Apparently he is ok with Greyhound taking an extra $18 but if it goes to the seller it's an issue? In all my years of selling I have never had anyone whine about shipping costs nor have I ever even looked at the postage costs when I get a part. I ask the seller for the shipping costs and they give me a number and if they use that amount to pay for postage, packaging, bubble wrap and maybe a couple beers after work for going through the hassle to ship it, that is their prerogative. I don't like the cost, I look elsewhere. Needless to say. I have no intention of dealing with this buyer
and will post a warning for others.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't think it's unreasonable to charge a handling fee to pack and ship large items.

$20 to pack and deliver a front bumper to a greyhound station is a bargain.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion:
There are 2 sides to it and different people may agree with either side.

As a buyer - If I accept the total cost, I have no complaints unless you do something we did not agree on. For example, I paid for priority mail at $20 shipping and you send it 3rd class mail for $8, you better be sending me a refund.

As a seller - If I tell you something is $100 to ship and it's $82 I might refund all or most of the difference as that is a big difference. To be honest it depends on the effort involved. If I wrapped some huge part in cardboard and 20 feet of tape and had to drive to Greyhound specifically to send it (which is 25 miles each way for me) and it's $5-$10 then No. If it was a flat rate box I just dropped off at the local post office and for some reason I was way off on the shipping cost then Yes. It also depends if it paid by Paypal. It's easier to send a few bucks back via Paypal, not so with other payment methods.

BTW, The Greyhound online shipping calculator is ALWAYS wrong.
If my experience it guesses too low. Every time I use Greyhound shipping I add $5 or so to the estimate and sometimes that was not enough. They hit you up with a "fuel charge" at the shipping desk, which is not included in their online calculator. Surprise!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with the above here, Greyhound is cheaper because there is more work on the seller to package properly, drive to the station and estimate the cost. If you agreed to the price and the items are as described I don't see the beef here?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a bumper that is rusty and dinged up so the excess bubble wrap is unnecessary which was not even used for this shipping. The cardboard boxes were not from a bike shop like he said he would use but rather throwaway carton from some dumpster perhaps.

A bumper is not going to required a lot of packaging unless it was in pristine condition or made of glass..

Also I dont understand this remark you made Dan and these are your words:

" ... what the shipping was went i sent of the bumper let alone rub my palms like Smedly Whiplash thinking .. Oh, I just made an extra $18 and change on some SKIN FLINT from Florida."

What does Skin Flint mean ? Is that some derogatory remark

skin·flint
ˈskinˌflint/
noun
informal
noun: skinflint; plural noun: skinflints

a person who spends as little money as possible; a miser.

Why would you make such a remark ? Because I am a Jew ? early in your email to me you call me a Cheapskate..

It has to be a transaction with figures clear from the jump.. you never said it was just an estimate and since you sell hundreds of parts and this is not your first time dealing with greyhound then is it no apparent that you would know that the Ghound shipping calculator can be off.

You messed up man.. plain and simple.. and whoever commented on that its ok because its handling.. c'mon give me a break.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Have to agree with the above here, Greyhound is cheaper because there is more work on the seller to package properly, drive to the station and estimate the cost. If you agreed to the price and the items are as described I don't see the beef here?

Of course you wouldnt see the beef here... its not your money

Type 5 Joe
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do a pretty decent frontal lobotomy out of my garage at home.

I can save you a few bucks and I do just as good of job as the hospitals do.

Just ask any of my patients they'll tell you.... Well, they'll nod their heads and some saliva does leak out of the corner of their mouths.

Anyway, I think this procedure would be a perfect fit for you, and of course the price is nothing to bark at either.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jewish Guy wrote:

I left out certain specific details as not to have a whole lot of drama

.......... he refunded the difference in shipping.

He did a good job of wrapping the item though and wrote legibly on the label as well.

Shalom Uvracha

so you got the shipping money back and it was packaged well...

but you continue to try and create a bunch of DRAMA

take notes from disney and LET IT GO !!
oldair57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Seller, fast and accurate
Offy 220
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Peanut fender Reply with quote

Purchased an early peanut fender from Dan. I wasn't able to pick up immediately so Dan held it for me for a couple of weeks till I could pick it up. Dan is great to deal with and the fender is how he described. Smile
Ran When Parked
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thank you for the '67 pedal pan. It is exactly as described in our communications. It feels good to finally have one, especially since it is in great shape at was fairly priced.

When I got the package, I felt that you should have charged more for shipping. I only paid half of what it cost you. I will remember that on our next deal.

Thank you.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank You Reply with quote

Sh*tBird wrote:
Thank you for the '67 pedal pan. It is exactly as described in our communications. It feels good to finally have one, especially since it is in great shape at was fairly priced.

When I got the package, I felt that you should have charged more for shipping. I only paid half of what it cost you. I will remember that on our next deal.

Thank you.

I sometimes wing it on the shipping estimates, which is what I tried to explain to the guy who whined about the extra shipping cost which wasn't really extra since he agreed to it. If I underestimate I just pay the difference and if I over estimate I make out, it all balances out in the end.
I'm glad you are happy with it and that the part is being used which is the whole point of doing this.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
glideking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: braukuche - [email protected] - Dan Epperly Reply with quote

Easy transaction, good communication, items as described. I recommend this seller.
1965 21 Window Restoration Thread (From old photos)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
1963 Panelvan build "Tyvanosaurus Wrecks"
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8351639#8351639
Loren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: braukuche - [email protected] - Dan Epperly Reply with quote

I just bought a front signal for my Ghia from Dan and he was great to deal with. He kept me well informed about shipping and it was well packed. Thanks!
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: braukuche - [email protected] - Dan Epperly Reply with quote

Dan bought a set of beauty rings from me. He didn't hesitate, was decisive, and paid quickly.
Thank you.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: