Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mr. D's VW - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Mr. D's VW
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: September 20, 2023
wabbitseason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Mr. D's VW - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just wanted to say I had one of the best experiences with a seller from the Samba. The product was exactly as advertised and he shipped the item once the payment was made. Probably the fastest shipping I have had with an online transaction. Would gladly do business with Mr. D's VW again. Two thumbs up!
fast Ed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a pair of heater boxes ... looked to be nice condition in the photos, were even better in person. Quick shipping and great to deal with, thanks.

cheers
Ed N.
Mr. D's VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You much Fast Ed... Smoothest international transaction I've had.. Honest and swift clear communication.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugsandbusses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great steering box! Super fast shipping! Great experience all around!

-Rusty
stevecul8er
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Positive Reply with quote

FAASST service Very Happy
shelbyaustin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Mr. D's VW Reply with quote

Two thumbs up for Mr. D's VW! Great communication, easy to work with, fast shipping and everything exactly as described - great experience!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He bought some vacuum lines from me - excellent transaction
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr. D's VW - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought an NOS part from me - Everything went perfect
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr. D's VW - [email protected] Reply with quote

Derek inquired about a part I had for sale. He knew just what he was looking for. (Love that). I provided five different payment options, but he chose a sixth method (I don’t accept) & I refunded him. Just think… If you said I’ll take five apples as payment & someone tried to give you five limes!

There was a transaction fee incurred, and not refunded. Now Derek tells me “if you can’t be honest about what you do then perhaps you shouldn’t be selling used parts.. this is very possible poor service on your part man I’ll be sure to let others know on the samba.”

I don’t even need to attest to my honesty. Go ahead & pick a page of my feedback thread to read. So Derek, don’t be a snowflake when you don’t follow instructions or ask questions.
Mr. D's VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr. D's VW - [email protected] Reply with quote

because this seller had good feedback i did try to send as friends and family but it didn't go through that way not sure why. he could have just sent the part any how but he refunded minus the $1.32 fee

bottom line is "easy e" attempts to dictate how you fund your PayPal payment then expects you to not call it a purchase of goods which means you won't be protected for the transaction if something happens. Yes it is dishonest of him to try and sell parts and call it something else. There should be no instructions to follow either you take PayPal or you don't.

He was very quick to take the offensive with insults... Maybe he got audited for not paying taxes on what he sells, maybe he is selling stolen parts, or maybe he just wants to enjoy the use of a service without paying for it... you know the entire $1.32.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Mr. D's VW - [email protected] Reply with quote

Mr. D's VW wrote:
because this seller had good feedback i did try to send as friends and family but it didn't go through that way not sure why.
Correct, Mr. D is somewhat challenged by modern electronics and did not pay as instructed.
Mr. D's VW wrote:
he could have just sent the part any how but he refunded minus the $1.32 fee
Correct, if I ask for oranges and you give me walnuts, I could take it, but I don't. And, I'm not going to pay money because you can't successfully navigate your electronic devices.
Mr. D's VW wrote:
bottom line is "easy e" attempts to dictate how you fund your PayPal payment
Correct again, I've been burned and don't take credit card funded payments and some other forms of payments. You ever been to a business (to make a purchase) that says "Cash only?" I'm not reinventing the wheel here.
Mr. D's VW wrote:
then expects you to not call it a purchase of goods which means you won't be protected for the transaction if something happens.
Yes, no protection for you. Which is why I encourage reading Samba feedback. Now people know you are challenged by clear, written instructions.
Mr. D's VW wrote:
Yes it is dishonest of him to try and sell parts and call it something else.
Let me get this straight... I provide instructions... you choose not to follow them... and now I'm dishonest. Non sequitur.
Mr. D's VW wrote:
There should be no instructions to follow either you take PayPal or you don't.
Here we go with the oranges & walnuts again. You're not very good with instructions (like a very small portion of the people I deal with), so... I use nauseatingly detailed instructions in an attempt to cater to the lowest common denominator. Congratulations, you're the new LCD.
Mr. D's VW wrote:
He was very quick to take the offensive with insults...
Please provide a quote (factual basis) for purported "insults." Apparently your feelings were hurt by simple, adult, straight talk.
Mr. D's VW wrote:
Maybe he got audited for not paying taxes on what he sells, maybe he is selling stolen parts, or maybe he just wants to enjoy the use of a service without paying for it... you know the entire $1.32.
Like I said, I've been burned before. I treat the classifieds like a swap meet/Craigslist/garage sale. Cash & carry. Again, not reinventing the wheel here.
Mr. D's VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr. D's VW - [email protected] Reply with quote

geez this guy clearly has issues.. Its been over a month. I was over it the next day. Proof of insults are his own comments.. childish name calling is not "adult talk" but proof that he is the one with delicate feelings and inadequate maturity to express his distorted perception of things. Enough with the "instructions" You are no authority on anything. Ill repeat it again.. either you take PayPal or get it off your excepted payments. If you except it, charge for the fee like everyone else and stop your crying. If you were burned in the past it must be you that is not smart enough to navigate digital payment platforms or properly charge for your parts, its simple math. I love the Samba and PayPal which have treated me great for over 20 years. Lets hope in another month we don't see another crazy rant of quotes and redundant lame excuses.. buy a ladder so you can climb it and get over it, move on, talk to a therapist, find someone to give you a hug... peace.
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr. D's VW - [email protected] Reply with quote

Mr. D's VW wrote:
geez this guy clearly has issues.. Its been over a month. I was over it the next day.
I just saw it for the first time today. I guess it's only fair to allow a rebuttal, right?
Mr. D's VW wrote:
Proof of insults are his own comments.. childish name calling is not "adult talk" but proof that he is the one with delicate feelings and inadequate maturity to express his distorted perception of things.
I expressed my perception line by line (see post above). In all fairness, I did say "don’t be a snowflake when you don’t follow instructions or ask questions." (and yes, I'll stick by that)
Mr. D's VW wrote:
Enough with the "instructions" You are no authority on anything.
I write (nuclear reactor type) instructions for a living. Telling me I can't convey instructions has zero meaning.
Mr. D's VW wrote:
Ill repeat it again.. either you take PayPal or get it off your excepted payments.
I accept PayPal as a convenience for others, except for the one clearly stated exception. I'd much rather have a personal check, USPS money order or cash. For now, PayPal will remain an accepted form of payment.
Mr. D's VW wrote:
If you except it, charge for the fee like everyone else and stop your crying.
I don't want to charge a fee and I don't care if you want to pay one. (so stop crying)
Mr. D's VW wrote:
If you were burned in the past it must be you that is not smart enough to navigate digital payment platforms or properly charge for your parts, its simple math.
Burned because I accepted a PayPal "purchase" from someone that did me wrong (unfortunately, and why I don't accept that method anymore).
I'm smart enough navigate digital payment platforms, insofar as I'm able to execute a refund, as you can attest.
I'm smart enough to pass Fourier and Laplace transforms. "Simple math" is relative to your highest attained math level... I'll venture to guess you meant addition and subtraction.
NoBudgetVWGarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Mr. D's VW - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a new alternator from Derek. Hassle free process. Shipped quickly. Will do business with again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: