Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

lifting a syncro as high as possible: how are you doing it?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dredward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdwesty wrote:
http://www.burleymotorsportsdirect.com/

Smile Thanks, saved Cool
spaeth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just bought upper ball joint spacers and lower control arm bushings from Burley at Burley Motorsports. He seems like a cool guy with a lot of desert racing experience.

I am running John Wessels lift kit which uses Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks. It is a coil over setup in the front. After getting the spring rates dialed it is working out very well.

I am not sure where you are wanting to measure 20" of travel at. I am about 21" from the center of the wheel hub to the fender lip, but running 215-85-16 tires this still only nets about 14" of clearance at the engine support.

I have just needed to go to 930 CV joints to gain more angle because of the lift.

Getting a true 20" under the van is going to take ALOT of work and ingenuity. Burley would be a good place to start. Make sure and keep us posted here as that sounds like quite a cool project.

Craig

ps - This is a friend of mines website that might be of some inspiration and maybe even sources:
syncrosource.com
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my trail toy project I have the syncro 16 style rear trailing arms, porsche 930 cv joints, John Wessels lift kit with custom bilsteins coilovers and procomps on the rear, 225/75/16 tires(29.3" tall), I am still waiting for the front control arms from burley- I don't think that I am anywhere near 20" of ground clearance. My 5'6" GF loves the van but I don't think that she will enjoy climbing into this van, it is even taller than my lifted doka.
dredward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaeth wrote:
I have just bought upper ball joint spacers and lower control arm bushings from Burley at Burley Motorsports. He seems like a cool guy with a lot of desert racing experience.

I am running John Wessels lift kit which uses Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks. It is a coil over setup in the front. After getting the spring rates dialed it is working out very well.

I am not sure where you are wanting to measure 20" of travel at. I am about 21" from the center of the wheel hub to the fender lip, but running 215-85-16 tires this still only nets about 14" of clearance at the engine support.

I have just needed to go to 930 CV joints to gain more angle because of the lift.

Getting a true 20" under the van is going to take ALOT of work and ingenuity. Burley would be a good place to start. Make sure and keep us posted here as that sounds like quite a cool project.

Craig

ps - This is a friend of mines website that might be of some inspiration and maybe even sources:
syncrosource.com

I will be honest and say i gota get my swap done before suspension work gets done. I am real close with the swap but work and family matters have slowed this thing to a hault at times. Of late another death in the family Brick wall Crying or Very sad The only things left are situating and insulating the wireing from heat, intercooler/intake pipeing, charcoal canister/leak detection pump, and exhaust. I am sure a few other tid bits as well. I do see lite at the end of the tunnel i just need to find the time and hunker down and do it.
dredward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

syncrodoka wrote:
On my trail toy project I have the syncro 16 style rear trailing arms, porsche 930 cv joints, John Wessels lift kit with custom bilsteins coilovers and procomps on the rear, 225/75/16 tires(29.3" tall), I am still waiting for the front control arms from burley- I don't think that I am anywhere near 20" of ground clearance. My 5'6" GF loves the van but I don't think that she will enjoy climbing into this van, it is even taller than my lifted doka.

What up Mario. Smile . Hows tings.. I can't wait to get the swap going it will move a lifted syncro with larger tires nicely. The ETKA you loaned me saved hours when i was getting the tank and new fuel lines redone. The bently fell short when helping me figure the fule lines. Thanks again bro.
dredward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaeth wrote:

Craig

syncrosource.com

Thanks for input Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: