Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Venetian blinds from GRADULUX.DE Nice site, will not respond
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugforsale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Venetian blinds from GRADULUX.DE Nice site, will not respond Reply with quote

Unlike ALL the other posts on here, I am not trying to slander anyone without working it out, nor am I defending same...
~
I found a VERY COOL SDITE, www.gradulux.de, who supposedly is currently reproducing the 1960s "GRADULUX" brand of rear window venetians for Ghia, Bug, etc.
~
These are not the nicer, 1-piece Australian nes, but the ones like "Sanco' and Sears made in the USA.
~
You put the slats in yourself, and they look like the orig. Graduluxes.
WIDE slats like 1940s house hold ones. But not cheapie like you can buy from European venders. GRADULUX ones had a unique look, and they seem to be making authentic repros. but how do you get them?
~
Funny - there were 3 sets for sale on trhe SAMBA a copuple of months ago in France - of COURSE they were advertised as "NOS", but the graphics were just like the NEW REPRO. COMPANY shows on the boxes. "Like" the orig. graphics, but too new.~
Point being:
~Obviously THAT guy bought some...I have e-mailed in German AND English 3x to the company...nothing. No phone #, but someone is paying for the website...ANYONE even know about these?
ANy luck reaching them?
THANKS!
xeno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The copyrights are from 2006. did you try the emails on "impressum
" or the online web contact "kontakt"? Maybe write them a letter with the address they have on the site?

X
bugforsale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: NEW ACCESSORY GRADULUX VENETIANS ??? HELP? Reply with quote

Thanks - yep, I used the "knotakt". I even translated it into German using a website, and did it in English, too.

Frustrating.
There was one great german forum/gallery site where someone said they had tried for over a year, even by phone...nothing. I do not even see a phone number.
Oh well.
stefan944
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent them a message almost 2 months ago, using their online contact form, but have not received any answer sofar..

In the meanwhile i have found a dutch supplier which i will contact tomorrow:
http://www.golden-years.nl/id26.htm

I will post my findings later...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
bugforsale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello...wow thanks. yep - I have completely given up on the idea of getting these reproductions of the originals from him.
After e-mailing 2 tiomes,, both to the site person, and the person who was the "webmaster", no answer for 3 months or so.
A couple of weks ago, the website administrator answered me back.
He said that other people had asked him, too.
He decided after a while, to let me know that he also did not know how to contact the owner.
~He told me that there is only ONE person involved inmaikng the parts, but was unsure if he even was inbusiness anymore...
~All he knows is that there is $ paid to run the site, by automatic payments. But he never talks to the owner, still.
~He said "keep trying".....NO THANKS. But good luck - please tell me if the company you found sells them , (or if they still have supply) - they must be a dealer for this guy. But if he (owner of NEW Gradulux) is still making them, why does he pay for a site, and not answer?
Especially if he supplies dealers like the one you fouind, still. Let me know - THANKS.
bugforsale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-mailed them then, in August, and today, Oct. 26th.
No answer yet. they are Peugeot / Saab I think, but I wondered if they could get ahold of the manufacturer.
Who knows.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: