Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

WW Okrasa kit - weld or bolt on linkage?
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GIJoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:33 am    Post subject: WW Okrasa kit - weld or bolt on linkage? Reply with quote

Greetings,

Anyone have experience on the WW Okrasa kit? My tin is in good shape and I'd prefer to not have to weld on it, but if bolt on is not preferred I'd like to know to avoid trouble just to prevent repaint/powdercoat.

Thanks,
Joe
scotty timmerman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: WW Okrasa kit - weld or bolt on linkage????? Reply with quote

I went with the bolt on style. works well with my idfs.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

73 super beetle
57 oval: build thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8616563#8616563
63 beetle reassembly: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7458619#7458619
2332cc engine build: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8608429&highlight=#8608429
84 vanagon westfalia wolfsburg edition
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: WW Okrasa kit - weld or bolt on linkage? Reply with quote

Weld on for the purist look. I went with bolt on after asking the same question a couple of years back... very happy with it.

Last edited by 5500 on Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Bub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: WW Okrasa kit - weld or bolt on linkage? Reply with quote

I did the weld on linkage also, for the correct look. But, you don't have to *actually weld* it on. I Sanded a little spot down to bare metal and used a little bit of Jb weld "Tank Weld* epoxy stuff. Thin layer of that on the back and stick it on. It aint coming off.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vedderism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: WW Okrasa kit - weld or bolt on linkage? Reply with quote

Comes down to preference, I went with the bolt on, looks cleaner IMO.

GIJoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: WW Okrasa kit - weld or bolt on linkage? Reply with quote

Thanks for the input all.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: