Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hot VW's magazine
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beetlebaum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

The updated May edition impressed me; the fonts, layouts, and pictures seemed improved from the past. I hope that the new team does great things moving forward.
Beetle Bums VW Club Member
Morganwerk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Been trying to find the May issue on the newsstand. Has anyone seen it and where?
Dean1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

The May 2017 issue of Hot VWs is not on the newsstands.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Morganwerk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Dean1 wrote:

Bummer. Thank you for the reply.
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Morganwerk wrote:
Been trying to find the May issue on the newsstand. Has anyone seen it and where?

I got a copy via amazon.com.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Dean1 wrote:

Um.. Rolling Eyes Is it going to EVER be on the newsstands or?!?!

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

I would like the magazine to survive. I would like the term "sano" and the "Florida Look" to die forever.
They need to deliver a magazine like the UK publishers do, with excellent photography, detailed information and quality printing. Those are things that it is much harder to get with online content.
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Major Woody wrote:
I would like the magazine to survive. I would like the term "sano" and the "Florida Look" to die forever.
They need to deliver a magazine like the UK publishers do, with excellent photography, detailed information and quality printing. Those are things that it is much harder to get with online content.

Take note of the magazine's that ARE flourishing. A new Low Brow, rat-rod type publication pops up every week. I counted 7 at a magazine stand once. Car Kulture Deluxe, Rat Rod Magazine, Ol School Rodz...plus, every major Hot Rod magazine has a Rat Rod sidekick now.
And we have Hot VW's still posting up resto-custom bullshit. Where's the last row at the car show? Where's the cool shit in the parking lot? Where are the cool kids hanging out and what are they building?...Hot VW's don't give a shit. "Here's a restored 1961 ragtop with original Porsche-pattern Torque Thrusts, tons of accessories and a huge motor...please buy our magazine". Fuck you. Put up some cool shit and I'll buy it.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Quote:
Um.. Rolling Eyes Is it going to EVER be on the newsstands or?!?!

Not til July.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:
Major Woody wrote:

Take note of the magazine's that ARE flourishing. A new Low Brow, rat-rod type publication pops up every week. I counted 7 at a magazine stand once. Car Kulture Deluxe, Rat Rod Magazine, Ol School Rodz...plus, every major Hot Rod magazine has a Rat Rod sidekick now.
And we have Hot VW's still posting up resto-custom bullshit. Where's the last row at the car show? Where's the cool shit in the parking lot? Where are the cool kids hanging out and what are they building?...Hot VW's don't give a shit. "Here's a restored 1961 ragtop with original Porsche-pattern Torque Thrusts, tons of accessories and a huge motor...please buy our magazine". Fuck you. Put up some cool shit and I'll buy it.

LOL. First page, I said the same thing almost 10 years ago...

chickengeorge wrote:
I still get it, but I have it all the way back to when it was quarterly. It's more of a "collection" thing than an "enjoy reading it" thing.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I wouldn't mind the mag so much if they did like "Minitruckin" and showed more of the sub culture. I mean, nice clean cars are a must in a car mag, but what about something patina'd up, slammed and tucking big wheels (my style) or build articles other than how to change a fucking master cylinder. And if I see pics of another blue hair sitting in a lawn chair in front of cheezed-up beetle with color matched home-made trailer covered with stuffed animals at a car show, I may just stop "collecting".
pondoras box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:
Major Woody wrote:

I think this has a lot to do why the British VW magazines are doing so well over here, they show a little of everything to include "unfinished" stuff that Hot VWs will not. Not to mention the layout is much nicer, better pictures of while driving and the article is not continued on page 75! It is one continuous story that isn't interrupted half way through. I have seen the same car featured in Hot VWs and VolksWorld and it seems like two different cars just due to presentation.

I will still continue to get Hot VWs even though they clearly are not my favorite and needs to update their style and presentation just because I like printed media over digital and I cant seem to get enough VW related material to read.

1961 23 Window (Bobo)
1965 11 Window (Zelda)
1965 13 Window (Lucas)
1957 Oval ragtop
1988 Cabriolet VR6 conversion
Plus a lot of other rusty junk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:
if I see pics of another blue hair sitting in a lawn chair in front of cheezed-up beetle with color matched home-made trailer covered with stuffed animals at a car show, I may just stop "collecting".

HAHAHA! This shit has been pushing me away from the car show scene for many years.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
chickengeorge wrote:
if I see pics of another blue hair sitting in a lawn chair in front of cheezed-up beetle with color matched home-made trailer covered with stuffed animals at a car show, I may just stop "collecting".

HAHAHA! This shit has been pushing me away from the car show scene for many years.

I feel guilty for the number of times I make big circles to avoid cars when I see the owner perched in a lawn chair behind them. It's a repellent. I could not make this up but just last month someone had a "time out" kid propped up to their car at Kelley Park- a diuretic I did not need.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

So I received my march issue and may issues but never my April issue with a article I wanted to read and thought I would never get it, today I got my June issue with the April issue packed in the same plastic cover, thanks Hot VW's!

German Folks
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

lonotch wrote:
So I received my march issue and may issues but never my April issue ....today I got my June issue with the April issue packed in the same plastic cover, thanks Hot VW's!

Same here.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Its astounding what some of you guys find to bitch about.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

The non-delivery of that issue, if you read Shin Watanabe's editorial, was NOT something of OCI Media's doing. They could have just started with their issue, but they decided to re-print that issue, and send it out. I'm sure reprinting that magazine, and the extra postage involved, wasn't cheap, and again, something they didn't have to do. That was a classy move by Shin Mukai and Shin Watanabe, aka OCI Media, and I don't think it has even been done before. SO, what can everyone find to whine and bitch about NOW?

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
SO, what can everyone find to whine and bitch about NOW?

How much time do you have to listen? Laughing

J/K

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
The non-delivery of that issue, if you read Shin Watanabe's editorial, was NOT something of OCI Media's doing. They could have just started with their issue, but they decided to re-print that issue, and send it out. I'm sure reprinting that magazine, and the extra postage involved, wasn't cheap, and again, something they didn't have to do. That was a classy move by Shin Mukai and Shin Watanabe, aka OCI Media, and I don't think it has even been done before. SO, what can everyone find to whine and bitch about NOW?

I did notice the OCI logo in the top corner of the April magazine I received.

BTW Dave ya dumb summa bitch it's Knee ill from Sandy eggo, I never once bitched and actually thanked HotVW's. Wink

German Folks
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Oh, I know who Lo Beyotch is... I've been "Bled" before... Cool

Man, I miss that show, Dave,Hacksaw, Shelly, Abramowitz, the whole damn bunch of them Crying or Very sad

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Jump to:
Page 24 of 29

Jump to: