Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hot VW's magazine
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
chickengeorge wrote:
if I see pics of another blue hair sitting in a lawn chair in front of cheezed-up beetle with color matched home-made trailer covered with stuffed animals at a car show, I may just stop "collecting".

HAHAHA! This shit has been pushing me away from the car show scene for many years.

I feel guilty for the number of times I make big circles to avoid cars when I see the owner perched in a lawn chair behind them. It's a repellent. I could not make this up but just last month someone had a "time out" kid propped up to their car at Kelley Park- a diuretic I did not need.

I always am tempted to kick those little somebiches---------but if I did, with my luck, it would turn out to be an actual live little kid. Crying or Very sad
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Oh, I know who Lo Beyotch is... I've been "Bled" before... Cool

Man, I miss that show, Dave,Hacksaw, Shelly, Abramowitz, the whole damn bunch of them Crying or Very sad

It's "chainsaw" and bromo is no longer on the show. Mad

BTW Dave, you can stream the show. Wink

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

"Poway, Santee, Rancho Penasquitos....I cant hear you!
Wink
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Does a new HotVW's subscription come with a translation app?
p horvath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

waaaaah...just got the july issue and it's not the vintage issue they've done since forever!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

If you read the "semaphore" column, they explain why.

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
Wink

That is Hacksaw not Chainsaw.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

OB Bus wrote:
c21darrel wrote:
Wink

That is Hacksaw not Chainsaw.

Don't forget Escondido which is where I think Dave is from as well. I'm really craving Agrusa's sandwiches right now too!

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
If you read the "semaphore" column, they explain why.

For those of us who no longer have a sub, can you share the reason?
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

The reason is that there haven't been any major shows with OG cars yet so they'll hold off until those happen. If you'd like I can post a photo of the article....(copyright?)
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

I'm glad I'm usually right. The latest issue (Aug) arrived in my mailbox yesterday- and it is a follow up to everything I saw from the previous two issues. Great photography and lively stories about DOING things in VWs rather than just looking at them.

The best part? My old friend is back writing for the Transporter Talk column. Cool

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Curiosity caused me to buy the current issue at a major bookstore. I liked what I saw. I was a subscriber for well over 30 years but dropped it about five years ago. I am considering becoming a subscriber again. Very Happy
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Same. New episode is nice. Can't wait to see prado coverage let alone HO17. The pics and vids online be are killer
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

I am also liking the newer version of the mag, but quite a price hike for subscriptions!
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Somebody over there is for sure listening. The new format is much like the European mags. There's even some back-row patina stuff thrown in here and there!!
surfbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

Mark Evans wrote:
I am also liking the newer version of the mag, but quite a price hike for subscriptions!
I tend to believe that you get what you pay for. But I think that the previous HVWs owners kept the price down to keep subscribers rather than to improve the quality of the magazine and charge a fair price like the new regime. So far, I like the "easier to read" format changes and the direction the magazine is headed.
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

I agree, the new format is an improvement. I suppose I'll buy a subscription to help out the hobby. I didn't catch the new price though, how much is it now? It has to be better than $10 like the Euro mags.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

I picked up the August issue in Missoula on the way to a midweek campout last month. Read it cover to cover, and I have to say I am impressed. I already passed it onto a friend to read, but I seem to recall a yearly sub was in the $20 range, give or take a couple of bucks.

My only gripe with the new mag is some grammar/writing style issues. No big deal really.
janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

One-year subscriptions are now $27.97, up from $22.97...
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot VW's magazine Reply with quote

All print magazines are struggling. Playboy was once the largest subscription magazine in the USA and today are in financial trouble. The Internet is killing all forms of print media, magazines, and newspapers. Hot VW's today is about 50 pages smaller that it was 10 years ago.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Jump to:
Page 25 of 29

Jump to: