Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dustin's 63 Coupe Build
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
motorhead364
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

Awesome thanks Eric. Yea I forget about the technical section up there. I for some reason was under the impression that the air pressure came from the spare tire but it's just aired up. So I have everything I need now.

Thanks
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

No problem. There was an accessory line you could get to use some, but not all the tire pressure to keep the washer going for that much longer.
motorhead364
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

Ok. Got the windshield wipers working today and plumed up the washer. I'll test it tomorrow. I put the pass side door glass in and started on the drivers. Going together pretty easy so far. The window drags the damn anti rattle rubbers out. Not sure if I need to adjust the windo out a little or what. Next thing is my fuzzies, they don't have clips. Do they glue on?
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

Uh, you need your fuzzys clipped? Sounds a bit personal...

http://www.eisparts.com/141837487/Felt+Channel%2C+Clip+All+Ghia+Years.html
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

Really good instructions for adjusting the door windows and lots of pictures of what goes into there in the Workshop Manual:

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=book1
motorhead364
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

Point taken. I'll start looking in my Bently before asking questions. I'm sure it's in there or has been asked here somewhere.

Car should be roadworthy by the weekend. I took it down the street and it feels good. Little stiff with the KYB gas shocks and I still need to grease up the beam but other wise a smooth ride.
Rich62ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

Hey Dustin, you are gonna need to buy some felt clips
http://www.karmannghia.com/products.asp?strMasterCat=1143&strYear=&strBodyType=

KGPR are out maybe try CIP1

Rich
motorhead364
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

I found them at jbugs and cip1. Jbugs has the cheapest shipping at $7 and $14 for the pack of 14. I'm going to stop by my local VW guy this morning, it's surprising what he has stashed away. If not I'll get some ordered. I need a speedo cable as well.

Thanks guys.
motorhead364
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

Very Happy
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg209/bantam470...tcsuso.mp4

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg209/bantam470...njyubi.mp4
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

Both images do not show up. Try posting them on thesamba.com!
motorhead364
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

They're links to videos.
motorhead364
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

Ok so I've been driving it a little around town. Tagged and legal. Just down to getting it aligned. Been tightening up little bits here and there. My main issue has been getting the engine running right. For a refresher it's a pretty stock 1641 bocar 34-pict 3. As of yet I'm not sure of the jet size. It's a hair rich but running good now. I wanted to share a few of the little problems I've sorted out with the help of my engine builder. Helped me set the idle. Then I set the timing at 7 deg before TDC. 31 deg full advance. I played and played with it( giving it more air via the small screw on the right side below the big idle adjust screw) and could not for the life of me get the stumble out off idle leaving a stop light. Very jerky and stumbling until 1300 or so rpm. I'm thinking too rich because it would clear out as I shift to second then run awesome. This was a new carb and he had me look down at the accelerator pump nozzle. It was pointed straight at the Venturi tube. I moved it an 1/8th inch where it cleared and hit the butterfly unobstructed, advanced the timing just a hair and BAM running like a dream. Comes back to a good idle at stop lights and takes off nice now. Now I can let clutch out and the car moves on its own. Before it tried to die. Man I'm happy. Should be driving it pretty often for the summer. Just gotta get some sort of interior in it so the wife will ride in it. Cool Oh and I have to adjust the shifter a bit. It pops out of third with my hand on it. Goes in solid but I can tell it's just barely in.
Rich62ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

congrats on getting it legal Dustin Applause Im sure you will love the summer cruising
motorhead364
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

Thanks rich. Once I get used to driving an old car again it will be fun. Just nerve wracking right now.

From this
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

To now

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Crazy
motorhead364
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

Wow. Sorry guys. The Photobucket scurge hit me hard. It'll take me forever to get all the pics back in the right spot but I'll get to work on it.
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

motorhead364 wrote:
Wow. Sorry guys. The Photobucket scurge hit me hard. It'll take me forever to get all the pics back in the right spot but I'll get to work on it.

Yeah it's a p***er and my pessimistic view to anyone who has an account, is to do it quickly. I have a feeling Photobucket won't be around much longer. Sad
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Dustin's 63 Coupe Build Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
I have a feeling Photobucket won't be around much longer.

Without 3rd party hosting PB is a useless service. I deleted my account as a consequence. Who needs them when I have the samba?
Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: