Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Syncro Brake Questions
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Syncro Brake Questions Reply with quote

86 syncro. I am ordering parts for the rear brakes. I need a bunch of items and can not find what I am looking for.
I need the E-brake cables for both sides. Someone recommended evwparts I contacted them several times and they never answered my emails or calls. Sad
I also need the cable from the handbrake lever to those two other cables. Does anyone know where I can get that cable? the one from the hand lever.
Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Van-Cafe

http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van/smartlist_1112/e_brake_cable.html

Not sure about the cable from the handle, maybe ask them. It's not listed.

Just checked: BD has the other cable listed, call though, they don't always have what shows on the site.

http://www.busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=251711471D

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard from ev vw parts. They do not have the parts and van cafe might not be able to get the cable from the hand brake, any other suggestions would be great. Thanks. Has anyone rigged something up?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iceracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try contacting these people via email:

[email protected] Jake is with euro motor supply in Denver and is able to get used parts.

And [email protected], Zoran was able to get me the exact part you are looking for.
TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks will do. Hopefully soon everything will work.
for now it is a log under the tire as a brake
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Syncro brake cables Reply with quote

Nice. "I just heard from ev vw parts. They do not have the parts and van cafe might not be able to get the cable from the hand brake, any other suggestions would be great. Thanks. Has anyone rigged something up?"

We've spoken with two individuals within two weeks, one from the US, one from another country. We DO HAVE the cables 251609701D and 251609702 and offered a used part from the handle to the cables.

Look here.
http://www.evwparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=VanagonBrakes

Thanks for looking,
Joe
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: