Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

70deluxebus - [email protected] - Herrell Bug Parts
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: 70deluxebus
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
tom62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: 70deluxebus - [email protected] - Herrell Bug Parts Reply with quote

I bought a 68 double cab from Lindy.

it's in great shape and the price was right! also got a great deal on the

hoops and canvas for the tilt

overall very pleased with the deal and would buy from again

THANKS!!
Tom

Herrell-Bug-Parts - [email protected]
Vwlover11 - [email protected]
70deluxebus - [email protected]
`
Wademcgee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: My Motor Build Reply with quote

Had Fluffy build me a 2110 stroker for my 62 kombi. They also sourced me a freeway flyer tranny. Tranny took a bit to get in, but that was out of their control. Customer service and build quality were second to none.
Thanks guys.

If you are in the State and need a top notch motor build I would not hesitate to take a trip down to the shop.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gerardocerra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Thing fender Reply with quote

I bought a thing's right fender from this guy and I asked him for the condition, also asked if it has any rust and body filler. I got the fender and it is a bondo ball. I mailed him again telling the situation and never replied back. BEWARE!!!
igtoth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: batwing Reply with quote

I bought that:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=835360

seller said:

"It does not have any cracks or scratches. My pay pal ID is [email protected]
Jamie"

the chrome ring, the screw, and the spring is in excellant condition. It has been taken care of.

but it has cracks, scratches and the chorme ring has some spots of oxidation.

Ighor Toth
volksbugusa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: turtle back rims Reply with quote

Jamie and her dad at herrellbugparts was super to deal with. When ever I had a question Jamie got right back to me. The rims look great and very well packaged.
I have no issues here at all and look forward in the next couple of weeks to work out some additional parts. AAAAA+++++

HERRELLBUGPARTS is a good volkswagen buddy!!

[email protected]

Matt
[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/506947294919060
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70deluxebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Herrell Bug Parts Reply with quote

We do our best to make our customers happy. We have been in this business for over thirty years now, and usually have positive feedback however you will always have a few that are unhappy or that have seen better. If you are unhappy with your product please feel free to ship it back to us we will refund the product and the shipping cost that was charged to you. Otherwise if you keep the product must not be that bad because you are keeping it. This is not about the negative feedback here on the Samba or about any one customer, we just wanted to let people know that if they do get a product from us and are unhappy send the item nack, dont keep it and then leave negative comments.

Last edited by 70deluxebus on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
igtoth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Herrell Bug Parts Reply with quote

HERRELL-BUG-PARTS wrote:
The Batwing Horn Button was in excellant condition some people are just never satisfied. I always return e-mails if I have recieved an e-mail to reply to and if a buyey is unhappy with his/her purchase then they are welcome to mail item back and recieve a refund. I describe items to the best of my knowledge and do my best to make our customers happy!

I am not like the people you're refering... Look around for the feedback I provided for some other users. I am very honest person, 100% positive e-Bay user... I bought some batwing horn buttons in past, and they were in better shape than yours...

Ighor Toth
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: batwing Reply with quote

igtoth wrote:
I bought that:

seller said:

Jamie"

the chrome ring, the screw, and the spring is in excellant condition. It has been taken care of.

Since there seems to be some argument over the condition, post pics...

Oxidation is not a complaint unless it's pitted. Oxidation comes off easily.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1957 Scooterboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your effort Reply with quote

Herrell bug parts have just shipped me a set of rear deluxe trims for my split. When they arrived the trims were as described and well packed.
They were sent by UPS to the United Kingdom and they did not over charge for packing and shipping.
All e mails have been promptly answered, Thanks for your help
igtoth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: batwing Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
igtoth wrote:
I bought that:

seller said:

Jamie"

I dont want to replace the item.. BUT, it arrived, not exactly the way she said in the note. That was just a comment and I never complained or requested a refund or anything else. EverettB, I think you know me, and I never lie. Anyway, I'll provide some close pictures.

Ighor Toth
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: batwing Reply with quote

igtoth wrote:
EverettB wrote:
igtoth wrote:
I bought that:

seller said:

Jamie"

I dont want to replace the item.. BUT, it arrived, not exactly the way she said in the note. That was just a comment and I never complained or requested a refund or anything else. EverettB, I think you know me, and I never lie. Anyway, I'll provide some close pictures.

I'm not doubting what you say but for the benefit of others... photos prove it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie had Exactly what i was looking for for months. great price. it was even better than the picture he sent. thanks A+
Eric_S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a couple good transactions with herrell. Stuff arrived just as represented. I'd buy again.

What are all these extra parts?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Hamilton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Herrell-Bug-Parts [email protected] Reply with quote

Very good experience with this seller. They went the extra mile to get me the parts I needed.

Thanks.

Bill Hamilton
samba`57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindy of Herrel bug parts is a very friendly and helpful guy.

I'm from Amsterdam, Europe. In October my girlfriend and i bought a '70 bay window in Atlanta.
We wanted to drive it from Atlanta via L.A. to San Fransisco, within 4 weeks. At the end we would ship it to Amsterdam.

When we picked up the bus it turned out to have some major problems. I checked for the nearest Aircooled-VW-shop, and Herrel Bug Parts in Carrollton, GA seemed the place.

We stayed the whole day, because there was some major maintance nessecarry, which i was allowed to do at the shop.
Lindy had all parts we needed in stock.
He also provided me with very useful info for some of the repairs,

Lindy and his team showed us a tremendous ammout of hospitality and a more then reasonable price for the parts.

We would certainly recomend everyone this VW-shop!

http://www.herrellbugparts.com/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Slow6t5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a part, they shipped it, I received it, it was in better than stated condition.
spectre6000
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased an oval steering column, tube, and nut from Herrell Bug Parts. The price was reasonable, but there were some communication errors along the way involving a second email thread not being associated with the first and a phone conversation throwing a third wrench in the works. One mistake (not attributable really to either party any more than the other) involved shipping as included in the price or extra. They ended up absorbing the cost (this is attributable to the multiple email conversations). The second mistake came when the nut was not included. Turns out they didn't have one in stock after all, and it was not communicated to me. I emailed, then ultimately called. I talked to Chris who told me they indeed did not have one in stock, but he would look to see what he could do to find one and would get back to me. Maybe 15 minutes later, I get a call from Chris saying he would just take one of the nuts off one of his personal cars (there's service and there's this) and find another at a later date and ship it free of charge. Communication is certainly important, and an issue arose (as they inevitably will when dealing with many clients over time) partly due to my actions, and partly theirs. To Herrell Bug Parts' credit, the issue was thoroughly and quickly resolved. The follow up action (shipping of the missing nut) has not yet occurred, but I feel confident that it will.

Unless I post or edit later that there was an issue with the nut and/or its timely arrival, I am very pleased with this transaction. A misstep occurred (which can not be avoided nor faulted), and it was rectified. A+ seller. Special kudos to Chris.

-'58 German Market Deluxe Beetle (in progress)
-'84 M1009 CUCV
-'81 K10
"Buy the best, cry once." -Gene Berg
"A cheap man will always buy the cheapest thing available, and then buys another one hoping for a better result, and then spends the rest of his life in misery complaining about it. A thrifty man will buy a good part once and never think about it again." -RockCrusher
"Don't feed the Shitty Parts Monster!" -Me
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GDOG57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a used early bus wiper motor w/arms from Herrell over three weeks ago,(Dec 28th)and still have not received it.And i keep getting the run around. If it's a shipping issue i will retract this feedback,but for now i am not happy with them at all.They said it was shipped out Friday,over two weeks ago. The other thing is,he still has the wiper motor ad still up. WTF....
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=846700
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the ad down and sent him an email.
GDOG57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally received my wiper motor from them today(not the one pictured in the ad,but still O.K.). Ordered on Dec.28th,received Jan 21st. That's just too long for me. Hopefully others will have better luck. I am not completely satisfied,but will give them a second chance.-Gary
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: