Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vwwomack - [email protected] - Michael Womack
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vwwomack
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 20, 2024
Nate@wagenswest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure what ever Im done.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I see the point of all this arguing other than you just brought attention to your "competitor"...

To be honest, this sounds like something I would lock except for it turned into joking around?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Viande
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I'm not sure I see the point of all this arguing other than you just brought attention to your "competitor"...

To be honest, this sounds like something I would lock except for it turned into joking around?

Seems to have been mostly at his expense though. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
submachinegun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better service, better product... period. Womack is a stand up guy with pure raw talent. Check out his fab work, it speaks for itself. I've seen more than one set of Nate's plates that just looked straight jacked up, yet i have never seen a flawed set of Womack's. His welds aren't penetrating? I guess NASCAR specs aren't good enough. They look pretty damn good to me, and not just in pictures.

It's pretty retarded to start a thread about your competition, whining about being "copied". you just brought attention to Womack's product, and allowed for a side by side comparison. I dont know about you, but I would choose the "copies". Unprofessional move on your part.

Let's not forget Mike is prompt.

http://OstKuste.com/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wwildman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I see is He is upset that in the classifieds you don't know which ones you are looking at unless you pay close attention .
He also thinks for some reason they are a straight copy of his .
The only thing I see is that his are on the west coast and womacks are on the east coast . I think it makes it easier for somebody on the east caost to get a set sooner and not have to wait. Because there are not a lot of people who do a lot of bus or bug lowering part over here.
so why don't we all just get along and let the public decide which ones they want.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Kuncle
I am Kyle Deese

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

submachinegun wrote:
better service, better product... period.

Completed.
Lee.
Samba Animal Controller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VWsArent4Hippies wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Shocked

Womack is a hell of a welder. Those are sweet. Cool
luckystiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

submachinegun wrote:
better service, better product... period. Womack is a stand up guy with pure raw talent. Check out his fab work, it speaks for itself. I've seen more than one set of Nate's plates that just looked straight jacked up, yet i have never seen a flawed set of Womack's. His welds aren't penetrating? I guess NASCAR specs aren't good enough. They look pretty damn good to me, and not just in pictures.

It's pretty retarded to start a thread about your competition, whining about being "copied". you just brought attention to Womack's product, and allowed for a side by side comparison. I dont know about you, but I would choose the "copies". Unprofessional move on your part.

Let's not forget Mike is prompt.

gotta agree here. not only is the quality higher but service is FAR superior. when i was looking into running a set from nate it took 12 calls to talk to him and was then told there was a "back up" on orders and it would be 2-4 weeks minimum before i could even possibly get any made. ended up getting a s/a set up at CTS instead. on the flip side even with his heavy regular job load when i've asked womack about sets the timeframe was MUCH shorter. and i gotta say from the examples i've seen womacks welds are about 10x better and i'd bet way better penetration. i've been around building all kinds of cars for 20+ years and i'll be one of the first to say womack is one of the better welders/fabricators i've ever seen. and without a doubt the best for a young guy. the kid has talent. end of story...ken....
Metalwizard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried posting earlier but it was locked at that time. Here's the straight up from me. I for a fact know what Michael's capable of, he was with me for over 2 years in the resto shop. Now 3 years and 1 month later he's back and he's running the resto shop on his own for the most part. I need some time to recoup from doing way too much way too long virtualy solo. I'm still the HAICO (head asshole in charge overall). Michael has a gift that few fabricators have, if he can see it he can fab it. His plates started out sharpie lines on the floor, then trial and error from there. I'm sorry Nate but you're wrong they aren't copies of your plates, they have differences that i can see in angles and lenghts that most cant see from pics but i can. you can believe me or not thats your call but most know i'm a straight shooter and cut no slack. His welding is of the utmost quality be it mig or be it tig. As i said 3 years ago i screwed up letting him get away and i would bring him back in a minute. As for his integrity he's one of the few, very few with keys to my shops and my house. You both have good products no need for bashing either of you in anyway. If he wants to post them on my site for sale i will do so, if i needed them on my 15 i would run them just to advertise them. Thats nothing against you Nate, thats just how much respect i have for Michael and his workmanship. I hope it doesn't offend you Nate as i respect you, as well as you've been a customer in the past. I just have to go with what i know to be fact. Respectfullly, Kelly

Kelly aka
"Bubble & Nut Buster for wannabe BadBoy's of Restoration"
"There is no cure for Stupid"
ITMC "Drill SGT"
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwomack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think

Wow, I got here kinda late...

I'm not one to get in a pissing contest by any means....I tend to let my work speak for itself.

thanks for the kind words guys!

~Womack
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Nate@wagenswest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed I got served a big lunch.
bam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know... I eat at wendy's and sonic...... both places can suck depending on the day or time you go there....
I haven't done business with either....

but no offense nat----I think i'm going to womack for springplates BUT I'm going to you for crazy ass custom spindles..........
I'm in the middle as far as location goese and I have heard PLENTY good about 5" bus drops.....
you both should be seeing my business soon cuz the zwitter is SOLD.
Bill271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whole buncha shit and a 1 pound bag...........its the same whether your a tranny builder or eng builder........it boils down to 1 thing........whats the customer wants..........
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point has been made - Locked.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: