Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Grumpy's Metal - [email protected] - grumpysmetal.com
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Grumpy's Metal
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 18, 2024
suebug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Grumpy's Metal - [email protected] - grumpysmetal.com Reply with quote

Thanks again to John at Grumpy's Metal in Downey, California, for his awesome work repairing my cut wheel wells. He was professional, oh-so-polite, gave accurate estimates and provided excellent communication during the time the work was performed. I can't wait to go back for more!
(Before and after repair seen in Split Buses, 1949-1967, Cut Wheel Wells thread, posted by Suebug).

http://grumpysmetal.com
http://vwsunroofs.com
'60 Single cab
'70 Bitchen 3-speed Schwinn
Blakbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Grumpy's Metal Reply with quote

I just got the set of Beetle dash grilles with the (3) gauge holes cut out of them from Grumpy's Metal (there are pics in the gallery which is where I found about them), and I couldn't be happier with them! They look just like they came out of the VW factory and fit perfect. John is great to deal with, and I highly recommend. Very Happy

Thanks again, John,
David
Grumpy's Metal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Both,

I work hard at the shop and do the best I can on every job and everything I make Having customers that appreciate good work and a job well done make all my efforts worth while.

I really appreciate you guys saying something about the quality of my work and your experience with me; it really means a lot to me.

Thank you,

John Alba putting the Grumpy in Grumpy's Metal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Flavio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello John
The dash grilles with slots are already in my 1958 VW Beetle. They look great ! And that's because of the amazing quality of them. Thank you very much for your excellent work.
If anybody is thinking about installing gauges in a VW dash just ask John at Grumpy Metal. For sure, you will be surprised with the factory like quality.
Once more, thanks for your work.
Flavio
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten some small reproduction parts from him - Everything looked and fit exactly as expected.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
houseoffunn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: 3 fold sunroof parts Reply with quote

Just got the reproduction handle, buffers and the rebuild kit from John. I couldn't be happier with the service and the quality of the parts.

I also appreciate someone stepping up to make these much needed items. Please support shops like John's who support our hobby.

Thanks.

Randy Metzger
65 Splitty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: John was very helpful with my 65 21 window restomod... Reply with quote

John is a great resource for help with all your sunroof questions, supplies and services. I shipped all my sunroof parts from my 1965 21 window deluxe bus in the empty box that he sent me - so easy... John stripped - reworked - replaced - updated - repaired everything I needed to get my old sunroof in new condition. Emailed pictures... helped me work through the options of which parts to replace and which to reuse. Also very helpful with Sunroof cover options, colors and materials - and also a new headliner. Bus is being painted now - can't wait to put it back together. Very pleased. Very helpful. Service and shipping arrived as John had predicted. Thanks again. Rex
microbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John is a great seller! Didn't even make fun of me when I asked dumb questions because I didn't pay attention to his website...LOL! Great service and fast shipping!
Thanks
Richard
wildman1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received the gauge bezels, very high quality!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Thank you John for delivering another high end product. We need a few more people like you that care about what leaves their shop. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OxonPhil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say a MASSIVE thanks to John at VWSunroofs for all his help and advice in helping me get all the right parts I need to restore my Samba Very Happy

I also want to say a big thanks for sending the parts all the way to the UK Very Happy They were all wrapped up well, and arrived in perfect condition.

John, you are a true gent, and I thank you Very Happy Very Happy

You will definately be recommended to all in the Split Screen Van Club here in the UK Very Happy
Tuned Perfection
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got some sunroof parts for my 21 window from John and then I had some questions about how they fit. Called him, left a message, he called me back pretty quick and spent 20 minutes on the phone with me answering my questions. Then I figured out I forgot to order something, and he had it out the next morning!! Kudos to John for superior customer service and I will definitely be dealing with him much more in the future.
fridolin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A BIG Thanks! to John for the great parts for my 54 sunroof bug, and the fast service, and the deal for a new "Golde" handle was right one!! Wink ..
Michael Berg
DENMARK
volksfahrer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John for your superb service and support, allways a pleasure to deal with you!
Kind regards from Denmark
Volksfahrer Very Happy
Jayuyano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: VW SUNROOFS Reply with quote

Hey this guy is legit!!! I bout a 3 fold from them and took it to the body man and he was STOKED at the quality of work they did once i get it in the 55 i'll post pics Thanks John (vw sunroofs)
Grumpy's Metal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU!

Hey guy I would really like to see your vws and ragtops. Along with the feedback post a link to your build or images so I can find it.

Thanks

John

Have you visited GrumpysMetal.com Lately?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave.H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're trying to restore your early Bus or 55 and earlier Beetle sunroof, dont waste your time....send it to John at VW Sunroofs.com. Great communication, beautiful work, and he gets it back to you really fast. I just got my sunroof assembly back for my 67 bus, and I cant wait to have him do my 55 Beetle sunroof. Very Happy
Dave.H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Sunroof rails Reply with quote

John's bus sunroof rails are unbelievable. The pictures cannot show you how beautiful his parts are.
rxBusboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: bus sunroofs Reply with quote

I just checked out John's new shop and was blown away buy how exact his samba roof conversions are. I went to his shop to check out what I didn't think I would like and didn't find anything. Now I am putting my samba roof up for sale and taking my bus to him . My bus will be more correct with way less welding if he stamps the roof in for me rather than changing the roof. In 5 years there is going to be a surplus of 21's and 23's and its going to be very hard to tell the difference.
By far the best metal work I have seen in a long time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeffgagnon Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been building buses for about 12 years now and finding rag top parts can be a challenge and also quite expensive, as many of you know. i started doing business with john about a year back and just want to let you know that his products are top notch. I've ordered 2 complete mechanisms from him and many hard to find top parts and have never had any problems with any of it. once installed his tops are very nice and very easy to open. the fitment is good and the parts are high quality. i will continue to order from him. I've spoke to him on the phone and he is great guy that actually cares about his products and wants to know where he can improve
thanks again john for the nice parts for these old buses!!!
don't hesitate to buy parts from this guy

jeff
rjonas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just completed the sunroof on my 65 deluxe bus and bought all the repair parts and vinyl from VW Sunroofs. John was really helpful on the phone and his parts were very high quality. Answered the phone or called me back right away 4-5 different times and spent some time over the phone helping me with my questions.

Top notch person/business to deal with. A+++

Roy in St Louis, MO
(Soon to be Mesa, AZ)

www.azbusclub.org
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: